[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I'll try to get something up tomorrow- today was Not Good.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Wish it was a better day for you Pathfinder, anything we could help you with?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Alas, there is nothing to be done except 'Just keep swimming'. Let's just say, in traditional vague-booking fashion, that there are some health-related issues that would challenge a household in the best of times, which are substantially magnified when the ongoing global pandemic shrinks outside options and support structures.

It hampers creativity, but perversely game involvement remains a bit of a lifeline and an outlet even though my participation is reduced.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I honestly have an inkling of what you mean there, I sympathize.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:22 pm Alas, there is nothing to be done except 'Just keep swimming'. Let's just say, in traditional vague-booking fashion, that there are some health-related issues that would challenge a household in the best of times, which are substantially magnified when the ongoing global pandemic shrinks outside options and support structures.

It hampers creativity, but perversely game involvement remains a bit of a lifeline and an outlet even though my participation is reduced.
I hear you. In the same boat...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Question; DOES Velari know that Eric is a shape shifter?
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Pretty much everyone has seen you turn from human to weretiger and back again by this point.
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Good job, every one of you! I hope you enjoyed this chapter of the adventure. I know we had some hiccups regarding Treant coming in and then his player vanishing, and the same of Velari not that much long after. As you can see, Bladewind has also come to me and I inserted a character change for him from Copper to Michael. Copper will be sticking around, but in more of a mascot role as I know ya'll really like him. Cheyenne in particular has a good bond with the little lizard.

That brings up to a question I'd like for you to help answer for me as a group though; Would you like me to keep Velari around as an NPC part of your team? I don't think I want to introduce another PC right now either given the track record, but that's also an option for you on the table. Tell me your thoughts and I'll make a final verdict before chapter begins.

In-between chapters now, you're free to do some intermission roleplay if you'd like, narrate an interlude, or you can simply wait for the action to pick up again as I make some plans.

For wrapping up the adventure; 3 Power Points each.

If you'd like to make build tweaks, you can do that too. Ichigorno, I for one noticed that Eric is a bit of a glass canon with his defenses.

At the start of the next adventure, you'll all start with at least one Hero Point. If you had multiple before the official end, you can start with the amount you left off with. Felix gains an additional HP at the start of our next adventure for his fantastic roleplay regarding the Mazerunner who healed him. Catsi may also start with an extra one, for their birthday. :D

Questions, concerns, thoughts? I'm open to criticism if you have any to offer, I am to make this a fun game everyone after all.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Yeah, I was hoping to discuss Eric's lack of defense. How would you recommend I spend those 3 PP to shore that up?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I would probably think about adding two ranks of Protection to your Were-form. At least that way your toughness save is at PL8, so you're less likely to get koed.

The bad news is that Athletics won't give you a bonus to your toughness save, and I'm afraid Athletics/Acrobatics won't give a bonus to dodge.

The good news is that your Fighting should add to your Parry, so Parry should be at 3.

I also went through your character sheet in Hero Lab, and I think your math is a little off. You have it listed as 123, my math (well, Hero Lab's math) says it's 122, so you should have an extra PP free to use.

I've got the build if you want me to send you a copy of it.

Anyways, you might want to invest some points into Parry and Dodge until they're up to 8 as well. That way you'll be less of a glass canon.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

I've updated my C sheet, for your review. Question: should I take the points from Acrobatics and Athletics and put them into Parry and Dodge?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I updated Copper, just for kicks, upping some of his skills and adding Tracking to the mix. Otherwise, I liked the way he played out.

As for Michael, I am operating under the assumption that he does not get the XP earned by the group for this chapter. On the subject of Michael,I don't mind the distrust angle, but from a player stand-point, what would put him on better standing with the group ? :D
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

ichigorno wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:09 am I've updated my C sheet, for your review. Question: should I take the points from Acrobatics and Athletics and put them into Parry and Dodge?
I'm not really sure what changes you made, I think it was just adding protection and dropping three points into Parry?

As for the Athletics/Acrobatics, I would probably lean towards dropping them and using the extra points to shore up your dodge/parry.

Athletics can be done untrained and you'll still have a pretty solid bonus to it from strength. As for Acrobatics, that can only be done if you have at least one skill rank in there. I'm not sure how much use you'd get out of Acrobatics, but you could always steal a single point from another skill and drop it into Acrobatics so you still have it trained.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Bladewind wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:05 pm I updated Copper, just for kicks, upping some of his skills and adding Tracking to the mix. Otherwise, I liked the way he played out.
I enjoyed Copper, it was a fun character.

Bladewind wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:05 pmAs for Michael, I am operating under the assumption that he does not get the XP earned by the group for this chapter. On the subject of Michael,I don't mind the distrust angle, but from a player stand-point, what would put him on better standing with the group ? :D
Well, I think you're probably already in a better point then you started.
No government types are likely to be after the heroes, so you're already got at least one good thing in your favor.
Assuming Echo pulls you in for the next mission that'd probably put you in good standing as well.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

When I updated him, I sank points into skills to make him a formidable detective/ searcher. Which likely would solve most of my issues with him from a player perspective - I was not slowed down by the RP challenge.... I just found him way too reactive and not proactive enough...