[OOC] The New Mythos

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by catsi563 »

Just an fyi i may be a bit slow to respond over the next few days, long story short my AC unit went kaput after what should have been a 10 minute maintenance check turned into a 2 hour night mare fiasco. then the AC guys who broke it in the first place never showed up despite multiple calls to come repair their fuck up

so im waiting on a new contractor via lowes to come check the system out and see about replacement which is gonna hurt price wise but earliest they may be abkle to get it is tuesday so literal 3-4 days of broiling in this heat

have to keep the comp carefully cooled so i dont over heat it, ill try to post as i can but well have to see
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

catsi563 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:07 pm Just an fyi i may be a bit slow to respond over the next few days, long story short my AC unit went kaput after what should have been a 10 minute maintenance check turned into a 2 hour night mare fiasco. then the AC guys who broke it in the first place never showed up despite multiple calls to come repair their fuck up

so im waiting on a new contractor via lowes to come check the system out and see about replacement which is gonna hurt price wise but earliest they may be abkle to get it is tuesday so literal 3-4 days of broiling in this heat

have to keep the comp carefully cooled so i dont over heat it, ill try to post as i can but well have to see
Good luck surviving the heat! On the plus side, your AC is JUST broken- not (hypothetically) suddenly full of yellowjackets... Go ahead, ask me how my week is going...

;)
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

OK, I think I'm done. Comments?
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

I'll take a much more in-depth look tomorrow, but at a glance I feel his saves are much in-line with where a close range combatant should be.

@Bladewind; While Michael was not in the adventure, you certainly were with Copper. You're free to those PP to your build where you please, or you could store them if that's your preference. If you really would like to pass on them, you may convert them into Hero Points for the next adventure instead.

@AC Troubles; Oh boy... Recently, during the HEIGHT of Texan heat, our AC stopped working and it took maybe three weeks to finally get fixed. Apparently we had a 'bug' in the outside unit. Literally, a bug had gotten onto one of the connections and electrocuted to death, and just made it stop working until the repair guy came and simply removed the burnt bug. It was almost enough to laugh if we weren't in the midst of heatstroke. I hope it doesn't take nearly as long for you both, and I REALLY hope that Pathfinder's own 'bugs' are dealt with without injury.

...man, if only the AC had stopped working now instead. Texas got swept with this huge cold front a few days ago.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 am @Bladewind; While Michael was not in the adventure, you certainly were with Copper. You're free to those PP to your build where you please, or you could store them if that's your preference. If you really would like to pass on them, you may convert them into Hero Points for the next adventure instead.
I won't look a gift horse in the mouth as the saying goes... ;) It happens rarely when I create a character, but I actually have a progression of abilities and equipment planned out for this character other than improving skills... lol. I will ponder where to spend or bank them...

Edit - Michael has been updated with a special ID card/ badge...
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 am ...man, if only the AC had stopped working now instead. Texas got swept with this huge cold front a few days ago.
Sadly, these things don't tend to break down when they are not needed... some stranger thing to do with noticing the breakdown when its in use... :lol:
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

In between episodes, I am ruminating upon the merits of re-tooling Jenny a bit (or more than a bit). In her current form, she seems to be better set up as a support-rank NPC than a PC. I'm trying to figure out how to fix that.

It looks like we are pretty set for close range combatants, between Eric and Cheyenne. Felix and Agent Smith/Elf (I mean Michael) seem to have reasonable ranged attacks. And everybody has some good utility abilities.

What it looks like we need most is a serious Face. Jenny has a bit of that in addition to her primary focus as a Investigator- but I don't want to go further down that road, since I'm already playing a Face/Investigator psychic in another game. We could also use a very serious Sneaky type, though we have a couple of people with some ability there- but that would be a big shift for Jenny; not sure how well that that would work.

I did look over our esteemed GM's spirit-binder character in another game, but I think that isn't where I want to go. I'm looking at keeping Jenny as a sorceror, with the spirits as advice, training and information, rather than using them as the descriptor for active powers. Basically, she can TALK to them but she can't make them DO things.

Some of the things I'm considering:
1. Pushing her further into sorcery- most likely converting her current Variable into an Array (partially Dynamic). This may include the sneaky route, as one of the Array slots, along with some utility and attack spells. In this case, she is likely to shift her Efreet metamorph into the 'Holding Back' advantage. I'll take some care to try to not step on Felix's toes to much for effects, though their descriptors are already pretty different.
2. Keeping her as a weak, apprentice-level sorceror, but shift so that she can allow spirits to possess her- basically a set of Metamorph slots with different capabilities. She still isn't MAKING them do stuff, so much as allowing it, with her Sorcery providing the "Fuel"...
3. Something else- not sure yet...

I think it is probably best that I keep the same character, but I want to increase her ability to contribute. Wlll ruminate a bit more, but signing off for now before I ramble too much.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

I can definitely appreciate the desire to change up a character !

What about Jenny "discovering" that she has efreet-like powers ? Or lean towards something like the Janni from D&D - genie powers representing all four elements...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 am I'm looking at keeping Jenny as a sorcerer, with the spirits as advice, training and information, rather than using them as the descriptor for active powers. Basically, she can TALK to them but she can't make them DO things.
Could be fun to have a cast of ghosts who are actually interested in assisting her. So less that she's commanding them, and more like she's got a few friends who are willing to help out on occasion.

Huh, did I just describe The Frighteners?

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 am 1. Pushing her further into sorcery- most likely converting her current Variable into an Array (partially Dynamic). This may include the sneaky route, as one of the Array slots, along with some utility and attack spells. In this case, she is likely to shift her Efreet metamorph into the 'Holding Back' advantage. I'll take some care to try to not step on Felix's toes to much for effects, though their descriptors are already pretty different.
Fun note, I felt the need to upgrade Felix's knowledge arcana after Michael showed up and completely blew him out of the water ;~)

After that, though, I kind of realized I have no idea what I'm doing with Felix's magic. Largely I was kind of hoping to have Felix as a "school of hard knocks/learning this as I go" style magic guru. Not really classically trained, but can make his way.
But beyond that I'm finding he's really just a gadget guy using magic as a descriptor instead of science. I have an idea for what one of his next powers is going to be, but beyond that I'm not really sure where I'm even going with him.

I know he's really got two attacks, and one sub par crowd control option, so I might build on that later.

Honestly I don't mind if Jenny delves into the magic side as a sorcerer, though it might be easier if the characters each try to have their own specialties.
So far Felix's seem to be building long term magical items, and combining magic and technology.
Michael seems to be focused on hunting/trapping magical creatures.
Jenny's (for now) seems to be spirits, ghosts, and summoning.

There will probably be some overlap with effects, but that's to be expected. Where you have magic users, there will be fireballs.
pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 am 2. Keeping her as a weak, apprentice-level sorcerer, but shift so that she can allow spirits to possess her- basically a set of Metamorph slots with different capabilities. She still isn't MAKING them do stuff, so much as allowing it, with her Sorcery providing the "Fuel"...
Kind of having flashbacks to Shaman King with this.
The full first arc or so was about finding spirits that a person could bond with, allowing the ghost to use the human body as a medium to interact with the world. Resulting in some bullies getting beat up with a stick when he bonds with a Samurai spirit. Or bonding with a boxer's ghost to teach another boxer how to improve their skills.
The next series involved them bonding the spirits with a item that was meaningful in some way to the ghost which allowed it to transform and affect the world... which is to say, that's when the series started getting weirder and weirder ;~)
pathfinderq1 wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:14 am 3. Something else- not sure yet...
Kind of where I am at right now :lol:
If we're going completely outlandish you could take on aspects of ghost stories. Telekinesis, blink teleportation, invisibility. Basically manipulating the spiritual energy (though not spirits) to pull off the spooky stuff you'd normally see in a movie. (Or get a ghost buddy to help... The Frighteners rears it's head again!)

Or make a giant spiritual energy mech suit. That's about as out of left field as I can think of at the moment. ;~)

As for Felix, I'm going to bump up his Knowledge Arcana to 10, spend a whole bunch of points to buy the Herkimer Battle Jitney for... well, honestly there's no reason why the team needs a car much less a bulletproof APC, but it's a Herkimer Battle Jitney!
... And at the GM's amused suggestion, some ranks in drive so he can actually... uh... drive it.
Yeah, still can't believe I forgot to add that to my character.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

viewtopic.php?p=96364#p96364

lost Quickness 1, added 3 points to Close Combat: Claws

And I think Felix is a bit of a techno-magic-ophile *hehehe*
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Updated Felix's sheet.

Also, just because it amused me:

ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

*hehehe*
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams' Character Sheet

Could you PLEASE review this C sheet? Thanks.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Did you not see the message I sent you before?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:35 am I'll take a much more in-depth look tomorrow, but at a glance I feel his saves are much in-line with where a close range combatant should be.
This is all I've seen thus far.

EDIT: Oops, forgot to check for private messages, sorry about that *head hung low in shame*
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Could be fun to have a cast of ghosts who are actually interested in assisting her. So less that she's commanding them, and more like she's got a few friends who are willing to help out on occasion.

Huh, did I just describe The Frighteners?
you did and I like the idea of her as an extomancer its not used often
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories