New possible nicknames for Cheyenne:
Big Company
Huge Ruckus
;~)
catsi563

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos

Post by catsi563 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

General update: Things really suck right now. In addition to ongoing RL stress, I found out I can no longer access the site from work. I may need to take some time off from the boards, though I am trying to avoid that.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

That's too bad.
I got lucky, the last time they tried that nonsense with me they had assigned me a laptop and a company phone.
I just hotspotted the laptop to my phone on my lunch hour to get around the company firewalls and still post ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Hoping you'll be alright there, Pathfinder. I had a little more in mind for the adventure, but perhaps it's better for me to wrap things up quickly. Hm... Do either you or Catsi have anything to add in character, in response to Felix or anything going on?
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

And thusly, we reach the end of chapter three. Things perhaps didn't go as I expected, in part because we lost a couple players along the way- One of which I may've made the mistake of giving a critical role- yet we've managed to the end at least. As a reward take 5 PP as a reward, partly as an apology and partly as congratulations on being cool badasses.

While we're stewing on that and I consider what to potentially make of an interlude, I think we should address the elephant here regarding the fact we do indeed only have three players right now. I'm also aware that Pahtfinder's been having some real life troubles as well, now fault to them either. I've had a few options in mind, but I wanted to here the input from you three on the matters.

The most simplistic option is to call things short, and consider the tales of the New Mythos at their start more or less concluded. On a personal level, I want to keep running for you people, but I'd understand if you think things are better off the other other way. If we did, I had in mind to later start another game in the same setting set some time down the line from the current events.

Next option is the classic tried and true(More often just tried, I admit) option of opening up recruitment for new player characters. That comes with it's challenges and as you well know by now, doesn't quite guarantee even replacements will stick along forever. It might add a fresh shot of adrenaline to things and help give us some good traction to roleplay with.

Something else I could do is continuing with you three alone. While it might be tricky to balance things for three characters, you would all have greater focuses on your individual stories. Perhaps I'd pad out the roster with NPC versions of the past cast, though that could be in poor taste considering I didn't exactly have permission to use them further then I already have- or even as much as I had.

I'll ask you all to give me your thoughts on the matter while you consider potential upgrades to your sheets. It's never fun when the health of a game looks to be at risk, but that be life on the boards.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Im good to keep going with new folks
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

I'm enjoying the game so I'd like to keep playing if the option exists.
I'd personally lean towards the recruiting option, myself.
I mean worse comes to worse and none of the applications stick out we could default to the last option and just stick with the main crew. ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Some similar veins of thought, that's good to hear. Pathfinder, if you're about do you have any thoughts?
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [OOC] The New Mythos : Recruiting! 2 or 3 slots

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Recruiting! At least two!?

Hello out there again, Echoes. It's me, Doctor Malsyn again. We've just wrapped up an adventure but we're left without a couple of players again due to the tides and troubles of the Real World. I ask that you please refer to the first post to get a general sense of the world's current state. To save a little bit of time I'll describe things thusly; In the near future a bioweapon goes rogue and ends up turning people into the monsters hidden within their genetic ancestry.

Most of the 'Supernaturals' are your classical fantasy races {Elves, Dwarves, Orcs}, with a grab-bag of all sorts of strange mythological cryptids and ghouls making up the rest. We've also got a smattering of Mages, though I ask you do not submit one seeing as the current group already has three. If you wish to come to the table with a human character instead, we could work with that. I'd like you to try connecting your characters to the the current team, or even recent events if you've been following along with the game at all.

I'd like leave this up for a little while to gauge new interest before I decide what my recruitment deadline will be.

Rules;
  • PL 8
  • 131 PP
  • Each rank of Presence comes with 1 social advantage (Startle, Taunt, contacts, etc.)
  • Non-combat skills may be purchased 1/3.
  • The tone are semi-serious at best, but please don't create joke characters either.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

I think that, for now, I am going to step back from this game for a bit, especially since we are at a chapter break, rather than risk a catastrophic uncontrolled exit in the middle of a chapter later.

Really glad to see the recruiting flag go up, and to see that it looks like the game will continue though.

Character-wise, not entirely sure you need to save Jenny's slot as a mage (though really Felix is doing such a good job, who needs another mage at all)- at least part of my problem was an increasing difficulty in getting into character, just connecting. When (If) I manage to get back into the mindset for gaming I'm not sure I would want to be the same character. You are entirely welcome to keep Jenny as an NPC, especially in her social/information roles.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

pathfinderq1 wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 10:10 am I think that, for now, I am going to step back from this game for a bit, especially since we are at a chapter break, rather than risk a catastrophic uncontrolled exit in the middle of a chapter later.

Really glad to see the recruiting flag go up, and to see that it looks like the game will continue though.

Character-wise, not entirely sure you need to save Jenny's slot as a mage (though really Felix is doing such a good job, who needs another mage at all)- at least part of my problem was an increasing difficulty in getting into character, just connecting. When (If) I manage to get back into the mindset for gaming I'm not sure I would want to be the same character. You are entirely welcome to keep Jenny as an NPC, especially in her social/information roles.
Alright Pathfinder. It was great havign you around as Jenny while you could manage it, and I hope things clear up over there for you soon, yeah?
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

A reminder, that we're open for recruitment again.
------------
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

I submitted a character to this when it started. I haven't been following the story so let me know what I need to know to join. I probably have to update the character for 131 PP.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

jmucchiello wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:51 pm I submitted a character to this when it started. I haven't been following the story so let me know what I need to know to join. I probably have to update the character for 131 PP.
Of course!

In the time since the game started, the team has gone on a few separate misadventures so far. The first bit involved investigating a new age street drug called "Source", which normal humans could take in order to cast a single pre-determined spell. The rush is intense, but the consequences can be dire. The team sleuthed about, took down a small drug den and came across the old hideous of a gang called the Mazerunners. Everyone had a boss fight with a corrupted artifact the gang was abusing to create the drug, and eveyone goes home with a taste for adventure.

From there, the next adventure follows the team as they track down the heart of the matter. They do a few things, and eventually make a plan to assault the Mazerunners at the heart if their operation. Some thibgs go down, they make some progress, before a Minotaur going by the name Longhorn reveals himself as the boss. He uses an esoteric ability to Maze the party, giving him ample time to set up his own little arena at the end. The fight at the end is brutal with one character even looking an arm in the process, but the beast is taken down.

Withbtheir revent successes in getting Source off the streets for now, they're aproached by an organization seeking their aid to help rescue an operative of theirs. Investigations they conduct end up pointing them toward a company called Terra United, and they have an excellent time sneaking their way inside of their local labs facility before things go tits up. Other thinfs seem to go wrong all at once inside the facility, but the team is foccussed and makes their way to a labs facility where the operate was held, and successfuly break her out. Yet when they leave, there's strangely no resistance. It seems something else deeper down has also escaped...

This is where we are now.
------------