[OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - [ENDED]

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: [OOC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - The Reboot

Post by kenseido »

A portal is only 5 feet across, so it's not big enough to get the debris. At least not by itself.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The idea was to try and make one big enough with a power stunt since it seems the other PCs are otherwise occupied unless I misread the post and we are in the same area.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

We know Kit is with the civilians that the debris is falling on. I am not sure where the rest of us are, in relation to the action.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Basically the scene opens with everybody close enough to respond to the chase scene. But the chase is moving rapidly, so the PCs can be anywhere along the path. Since you aren't responding as a team, you aren't all together and necessarily able to coordinate in the first round until after people start reacting.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

As an additional note, this scene was also written to bring a group of heroes together who don't know each other yet.

If one of the PCs wants to be "on patrol duty," it would be reasonable for Skyguard to know that.

I was basically trying to give the other PCs a chance to do a little RP and/or character development while keeping to the feel for the scene as written.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

I have put in 18+ hours at work today and in no shape for an IC post. So, Ill get one up tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

No worries. These things happen.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Ok, so going with power stunt to pull them all out of the way.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Yeah, if they had a Move action before the debris hit, there would be no real danger.

You don't have to move them very far, and a single Area Burst is enough, since its 30' radius.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

No worries. I wasn't sure if they didn't have time to run(the power stunt would fix this) or the area of falling stuff was too big for them to get out of it in time(opening a portal in the middle of them would have hopefully given them a closer way out). Either way, figured I hedge my bets.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

As a general statement … I don't know who to use Heal or Luck Control on if I don't know your Health or HP status. Might want to include those things in your posts going forward.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Ysariel wrote:The same action as Juno: grab the 3rd out of control cycle (Juno and Sky Guard got the other 2) and attempt to catch one of the cycles like Juno did.
Sky Guard did not grab one of the out of control, pilotless, Sky Cycles. He went after one of those that were still being piloted and actively blasting at things with their weapons. There were initially six. Taheka blasted three of them, disabling their pilots and sending those their Sky Cycles out of control. Juno stopped one of those.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sakuro wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 6:13 pm Sky Guard did not grab one of the out of control, pilotless, Sky Cycles. He went after one of those that were still being piloted and actively blasting at things with their weapons. There were initially six. Taheka blasted three of them, disabling their pilots and sending those their Sky Cycles out of control. Juno stopped one of those.
That was my understanding. Taheka took out three and Skyguard took out another one, leaving two chasing after Luna Moth. And there is one more out of control cycle.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I forgot, Juno gets an HP for stopping the cycle from crashing and Skyguard gets an HP for making sure his opponent's cycle doesn't crash.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Also, this story and the next two are from published sources. I am using them to get a feel for the PCs and the game in general. Unlike the other games I have run, I dont yet have an overarching story plan.

What this means is if you feel like the PC isnt working out or needs some reworking, you have that time without much impact on the overall campaign.