[Forever Tree]Rustdeity OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [M&M2e]A Forever Tree game?

Post by Hoid »

Ah! Ok. That explains things. Now I can continue my look-see.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A dark 1 on 1 game with a high PL character? I am interested. Presently looking at the setting material.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’ve yet to make a decision, as I’ve until now only had one option! Please, feel free to propose something!
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After seeing the Demigod-Carapace (one of a kind ancient armor made by a long dead race) I am thinking about using that to augment an idea I had for an Object Empath. Someone with an animist feel that can psychically endow objects with personality and enhance their natural traits into the levels of superpowers by "awakening" them. Presently I am thinking about having the Object Empath and the Demigod-Carapace merge in a Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) type situation. It'd be a scenario of someone with low level powers getting amped up through symbiosis with this ancient armor that they become one with/partners with.

I am also looking for a world of origin that would fit and a situation for the character and armor to encounter one another that would kick things off.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

That idea is certainly intriguing! And it has precedence: a superhero of Earth-A (Sol Invictus) gained a massive power-Boost in roughly the same manner. (Unlike your idea, Sol Invictus is a Superman pastiche.)

As to what Earth, well, any of them would make sense for this idea. On Earth-C for instance he might even take on the identity of a Mesopotamian god!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Zero Prime wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 6:39 pm Ahhhhhh the wonders of Hero Lab formatting! My Fort is calculating with my Enhanced Ability (Constitution), so it appears inflated. And I purchased Leadership & Inspire 2 as part of Morph, so it's only available when he's in Pinnacle form. However they are duplicated under the Feat heading.
Ah, ok!
I can play with formatting tonight, I just was curious about your take on the Variable pools honestly.
The two Variable Powers are distinct enough to be separate. and quite nicely allow you simulate a lot of Superman-like abilities.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro:
Your animist idea works especially well in the Forever Tree given the sheer number of thoughtfirms floating around. Several parallel-Earths have superhumans who arise when people merge with thoughtforms.

As to your armor: will it have morphic qualities, the way Jamie’s armor did? Does it have a theme?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

I'm working on the background now and adding flavor text to Complications. Trying to decide how to wrap up the origin story and point at the "where he is now". For a world of origin I've opted to go with Earth - V, Rust Deity. The character is meant to be a bioelite whose family attempted to "bring civilization to the wastes". It didn't go well.

The armor is indeed going to be morphic, akin to Khaji Da (Jaime's armor). I wasn't thinking along a specific theme when I built the mechanical structure or background. I want the armor's history to be a mystery to me … but I get the feeling it is a war machine. Not an infiltrator like Khaji Da. A lot on the sheet represents what is used most often rather than all the armor can do.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ah, Earth-V. Earth-V is very post-apocalyptic, with science being considered a form of magic by most. Mutation’s running out of control, and god-monsters (the Arcaninauts) are slowly gathering to finish what the Great Catastrophe began. Earth-V’s imperiex is in hiding, galactic civilization is in tatters, and humanity regresses a little more each generation.

It’s a grim place. It’s certainly the bleakest place in the Forever Tree.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro:
Power-armor was, pre-Catastrophe, fairly common in human militaries, though, of course, nowhere near the level most power-armor superheroes sport. It’s certainly possible your armor was designed for someone highly skilled.

Zero Prime:
Everything looks kosher. Both Variable Powers are certainly distinct enough. Now I need a background, Complications, the whole nine yards.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Reminds me of Fading Suns. Which drew me in.

Here is the character for your review. I threw in a codename, because I like codenames. That can change to whatever people end up calling him, or get ditched.

The first set of Powers are Lucas' own. With or without the armor. Lucas is able to augment and draw out the potential of objects. Initially he used this in conjunction with a suit of chainmail and a longsword that he spent a great deal of time bonding with. To the point they would have been Devices. His Communion array reflects his psionically amplifying his armor or weapon, in this case the Carapace falls into both categories. He is able to strike swiftly, channel life or other energetic properties from a target into healing for himself, or atune his weapon to strike at the very soul of a foe. Likewise his armor may become an "impregnable" bastion against physical or mental threats.

Everything under "Shi'Halal, Demigod Carapace" relates to the armor itself. When building it I was thinking "god weapon". Immensely powerful, but wielded with precision. Because, while the Carapace may be capable of massive destruction, I see Lucas wanting to be surgical and minimize potential harm to civilians and non-combatants when he strikes. I was thinking about adding Datalink or some manner of Communication, but I was uncertain how relevant that would be on Earth - V. That and the build already ha some thick arrays. Another consideration was Comprehend for languages. On the fence there. I can see reason for and against it (universal translator versus an out of date catalog of languages). The armor also is not built as a Device. Akin to the relationship between Jaime Reyes and Khaji Da, they are physically part of each other. With the armor "erupting" from Lucas' body when needed.

I also like to do more than adventure in a setting. I am most happy when I get to build something and effect the game world in significant and meaningful ways. Lucas' background shows some lead ins to his trying to do that.

Imperious (Lucas Jaxon)

Quote: "My word is law. I am order. I am shelter from storm and horde. I am Imperious … and I shall return sanity and civilization to Rustdeity."
Theme Song: "Battle Cry" - by Skillet

PL: 15 PP: 322

ABILITIES: STR 14(44) CON 14(44) DEX 14 INT 14 WIS 16 CHA 14

SAVES: Tough 20 Fort 17 Ref 10 Will 13

COMBAT:
Initiative +10
Attack +10
* Unarmed +10 Atk, DC 32 Tough.
* Ranged +10 Atk
* Grapple +27/42 Full Strength
* Melee Techno-Weaponry +10 Atk, DC 35 Tough/Will
* Range Techno-Weaponry +14 Atk, DC 31 Tough/Will
Defense +10/+5 FF (DC 20/15 to hit)

SKILLS: Diplomacy 10(+12), Gather Information 10(+12), Intimidate 8(+10), Knowledge [Civics] 6(+8), Knowledge [History] 4(+6), Knowledge [Tactics] 10(+12), Knowledge [Theology and Philosophy] 3(+5), Notice 7(+10), Search 8(+10), Sense Motive 9(+12), Stealth 6(+8), Survival 3(+5)

ENHANCED SKILLS: Computers 11(+13/+21), Knowledge [Physical Science] 10(+12), Knowledge [Life Science] 10(+12), Knowledge [Earth Science] 10(+12), Knowledge [Technology] 11(+13), Craft [Electronics) 10(+12), Craft [Chemical) 10(+12), Craft [Mechanical] 10(+12), Craft [Structural] 10(+12)

FEATS: Accurate Attack, All-out Attack, Connected, Contacts, Equipment 1, Improved Initiative 1(2 w/Enhanced), Power Attack, Benefit 3 [Status 1 (Lord and Protector of Bastion), Security Clearance (Palace-Codes), use Knowledge Tactics in place of Bluff for tactics/strategy purposes], Skill Mastery 1 (Diplomacy, Gather Information, Computers, Datalink), Takedown Attack 1, Well-Informed

ENHANCED FEATS: Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Precise Shot 2, Move-by Action

POWERS:
Animistic Empath
Super-Senses 5 [Accurate Radius Ranged Mental Sense, Mental Danger Sense] * 5 PP
Comprehend 7 [Electronics 2, Objects 2, Plants 2, Spirits] * 14 PP

Communion, 20 PP Array
Base: Applies Vampiric (up to rank 20) to Weapon
AP - Applies Autofire 1 (up to rank 20 ) to Weapon * 1 PP
AP - Applies Alternate Save (Will, up to rank 20) to Weapon * 1 PP
AP - Applies Impervious Toughness (up to rank 20) to Armor * 1 PP
AP - Applies Immunity 20 [all Mental effects ; Extras: Sustained Duration] to Armor * 1 PP
AP - Ward 15 [ward against Malicious Entities from Beyond ; Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; Extras: Continuous Duration (+1/r) ; PF: Contagious Medium (+1 pp), Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp) ; Progression 2 (+2 pp)] * 1 PP
AP - Exorcism 15 [excise Malicious Entities from Beyond ; Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; PF: Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp)] * 1 PP

"Shi'Halal", Demigod Carapace
Feature 1 [Temporal Inertia] * 1 PP
Comprehend 2 [speak and understand all languages] * 4 PP
AP - Comprehend 2 [speak to and understand animals (Flaws: Quick 0 "Require' Lucas' Psionics")] * 1 PP
Blast 16 [Extra: Dynamic (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor 2 "Technological Weaponry" (+2 pp), Accurate 2 (+2 pp)] * 37 PP
DAP - Enhanced Strength 30 and Strike 3 [Feats: Might (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technological Weaponry" 2 (+2 pp)] * 2 PP
DAP - Create Object 15 [Power Feat: Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)] ; Enhanced Feat 1 [Improvised Tools] * 2 PP
DAP - Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 12 [Computers 8, Craft (Electronics) 10, Craft (Chemical) 10, Craft (Mechanical) 10, Craft (Structural) 10] * 2 PP
DAP - Healing 15 [Flaws: Others Only (-1/r), Distracting (-1/r) ; Extras: Total (+1/r), Affects Objects (+1/r) ; Power Feats: Persistent (+1 pp), Regrowth (+1 pp), Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)] * 2 PP
Enhanced Constitution 30 * 30 PP
Protection 3 * 3 PP
Enhanced Skills 13 [Computers 11, K. Life Sci 10, K. Earth Sci. 10, K. Physical Sci. 10, K. Technology 11] * 13 PP
Enhanced Feats 7 [Assessment, Eidetic Memory, Improved Aim, Improved Initiative 1, Precise Shot 2, Move-by Action ] * 7 PP
Immunity 12 [Aging, Disease, Poison, Environmental Cold and Heat, High Pressure, Radiation, Vacuum, Suffocation 2, Starvation and Thirst, Need for Sleep] * 12 PP
Flight 15 [Feats: Dynamic Array (+1 pp)] * 31 PP
DAP - Speed 15 and Quickness15 * 2 PP
DAP - Super-Strength 15 * 2 PP
DAP - Super Senses 30 [Normal Vision Extended x5 ; Normal Hearing Extended x5 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x5 ; Flaw: Limited "cannot penetrate jade"], Infravision Extended x4 ; Microscopic Vision 4 Extended x1 ; Ultra-Vision Extended x4] * 2 PP
DAP - Space Travel 20 * 2 PP
DAP - Flight 20 [Flaws: Distracting (-1/r)] * 2 PP
DAP - Super-Movement 3 [Dimensional Movement 3] * 2 PP

EQUIPMENT:
"Datasphere Encephalon" * 5 EP
POWERS
"Datasphere Dual Existence", Super-Movement 2 [dimensional movement 1 (the Datasphere) ; Extras: Affects Objects; Flaws: Limited (co-exists in each dimension simultaneously), temporal movement 1 (historical simulations of the pre-Catastrophe Rustdeity’s military actions ONLY) ; Extras: Affects Objects; Flaws: Limited (no actual time travel actually occurs)] * 4 EP
"Sense the Gates and Follow the Waters", Super-Senses 1 [detect Door leading from the Datasphere to the Godmesh] * 1 EP
COMPLICATIONS:
Noblesse Oblige - With wealth, power, and prestige come responsibilities. Lucas was raised to shepherd, protect, and care for his people. Whomever that might be. Though his aristocratic standing and wealth are in question, Lucas is dedicated to looking after, and bettering the lives of the people under his stewardship and protection.

Bridge Between Worlds - Lucas is a bit of a modern shaman, in the sense that he seeks to solve problems between the immaterial and the material. Likewise Thoughtforms or Icons may approach him for any number of reasons that may lead to complications.

Shi'Halal (Relationship) - Shi'Halal is the Demigod Carapace. Displaced in space and time and with a history longer than many civilizations. The Demimachine armor also happens to be Lucas' closest companion.

Abilities 26 + Skills 21 + Feats 13 + Powers 204 + Saves 18 + Combat 40 = 322/322

BACKGROUND:
Depending on who you ask, House Jaxon was either cast out from Tempest decades ago or left to bring civilization to the urban wastes of Rustdeity. The truth lies somewhere in between. Lucas himself was still in his mother's womb at the time and only has his own family's telling of events, and the reason why they staked a claim amidst ruins and filth. They started with little, and made something of the plot of cityscape that they claimed. Even though his life was better than most, Lucas was never truly safe. A mindset that his iron fisted mother drilled into him from childhood on.

From an early age it was apparent that Lucas was different. He was often found by himself, talking to himself, or some imaginary friend. When he did not grow out of this, as children with imaginary friends are expected to, people became ill at ease or worried. During his childhood Lucas also had vivid dreams of a woman he had never seen before in the waking world. Lucas' dream woman would later share her name with him: Shi'Halal. In these dreams they engaged with one another as people would in the waking world. Shi'Halal was like no one else, and she never treated Lucas as a child. Even during the first dreams.

The settlement House Jaxon had established grew as Lucas did. While he had bore the image of an eccentric whose mannerism and attachment to things that most people did not form attachment with made people uneasy, he developed well otherwise. His parents were hard, distant people, but they brought him up to rule and to protect those under him. Stately tutoring and martial training began as early as he could walk. By the age of twelve he was in the field getting real world experience. Reavers were a constant problem and at an age many would have still considered him a boy Lucas was killing savage bandits and raiders. It was horrible, but amidst this horror Lucas met Leon and Felicia, his longsword and chainmail armor. What the three of them could do together was unnatural.

Lucas had tapped into a well of psychic power within himself and Awakened the potential of these mundane items. In his hands alone they became formidable objects of protection and destruction. They were Lucas' nearest and dearest friends. In fact, he and Felicia had a bit of a budding teenage romance that no one could understand. Then they were taken away from him. Along with everything and everyone Lucas cared about.

Mo'bar Entrak was the cause. Mo'Bar, an Arcaninaut that was leading a campaign of mass murder, swept through the settlement with a horde that worshipped him. It was a hopeless fight. The horde was vast. But Lucas and his family, along with their loyal retainers, fought a desperate battle to buy time for civilians to escape. Many did, at the cost of House Jaxon itself. Lucas was one of the few combatants to survive the assault. The last of his line. In a fight with Mo'bar himself Leon and Felicia were turned to molten slag under the plasma-fire breath of the Arcaninaut. In the end, Lucas was forced to flee.

Revenge was no an option. Lucas had a displaced people to find a new home for. Following dreams of Shi'Halal he found a secrete place nestled within an underground vault beneath the surface of Rustdeity. In a room that was something of a cross between a shrine and a laboritory Lucas found a device that, with Shi'halal's guidance, he used to create a breach into a place between worlds. There the Carapace had been sleeping, judging by the way the Shi'Halal explained their situation. So the two met in person for the first time. After a process that seemed almost ritual in nature they coupled, joining with each other.

Together Lucas and Shi'Halal found a new home for the refugees, guiding them through trials and tribulations to a distant location. One away from Mo'bar's host and suitable for the foundations of a settlement amidst the ruined cityscape. The new settlement came to be called Bastion, and once established Lucas stood sentinel over it. In time, after acclimating to working with Shi'Halal, Lucas went further and further afield. Taking more upon himself. Endeavoring to help more people and establish order amidst the chaos of Rustdeity.
Plot Device Items wrote: Omni-Tool [Gadget 3 (Easy to Lose)]
Changecube [x1 use ; Variable Power 10 (any number of traits of the ‘Direct Alteration to Reality’ descriptor)]
- The Eldest, a 3rd Generation Sunsphinx, currently resides inside the Changecube.
Datasphere Depth 7 Mesh Pass (x1 use)
Golden Software Key (x1 uses)
Renewalmachine Sky Key
Extremely small book written in Tlolkku. Observations on Lesser Undead, Vol. XXXI: Tengu
Korazzu's rings. An Icon is split between all ten. Teleport liquids from one organism to another.
Guruthu, the least Godforge.
Xeno disassembler nanites that convert biological material into antimatter
Last edited by Sakuro on Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:13 pm, edited 50 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro:
I’ll have to go over the math, but...
...the backstory is perfect for Earth-V.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I’m still waiting on Zero Prime to give his character a background, before I make my choice.

And to anyone else, I’m still open to ideas and characters for other people.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good that the background fits. I do like sci fi mixed with dark age regression setting elements. It felt like Earth-V really needed an epic hero to step onto the scene as well. Those things drew me to it. I noticed some things about a Sleeping King that was believed to return when Rustdeity needed him most (didn't realize he was an imperiex at the time) and tried to include some elements to complement that and also add potential confusion for characters. Jaxon-Jack/Jax. Imperious-Imperator. Both have noteworthy armor.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 10:29 pm Good that the background fits. I do like sci fi mixed with dark age regression setting elements. It felt like Earth-V really needed an epic hero to step onto the scene as well. Those things drew me to it. I noticed some things about a Sleeping King that was believed to return when Rustdeity needed him most (didn't realize he was an imperiex at the time) and tried to include some elements to complement that and also add potential confusion for characters. Jaxon-Jack/Jax. Imperious-Imperator. Both have noteworthy armor.
In this case, though, the sleeping king may not be the messiah Rustdeity makes him out to be...

Memories get distorted with time, eventually turning to legend and then to myth, and very important facts get lost along the process.