[Forever Tree]Rustdeity OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [Forever Tree]Rustdeity OOC

Post by Sakuro »

Darnit. I just remembered that I wanted to have Imperious contact Dancer-upon Oblivion and Mickey before heading to the Armory. Too late now. The Armory probably has jammers ... and even if it didn't the Oblivion Flock could likely listen in too easily.

If my actions going forward seem off, this jumping ahead of my plans might be part of the reason.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

How does one open this door?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Hack it. Wrench it open. Blast it down. You lack a code. Or do you?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Ok, I’m back. Thankfully, a.l that COVID anxiety came to nothing. THANK YOU for being so patient, though.

Anyhow, I’ll fire off a game-related PM, and then we’re back to our normal game.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good to know you are alive.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

For what reason are you calling yourself a doofus?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

I originally had Voidwatch respond to your character’s question aimed at Shai’Halal. LOL I had to hurry and fix it!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Apologies for the absence. Family business.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Hoid wrote:We both discussed the end result of this power, but rather than jump right to it, it feels more ‘real’ to have several extremely inefficient solutions first.
What was the end result we talked about?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 pm Now seems like a good time to propose some Alternate Powers for Lucas' Communion Array, that I've been thinking about. They are inspired by the the Reaper's comment about a symbol/seal being used to combat the Oblivion Flock. I think the established lead in to that may be the Elder Sign, but there is no way Lucas would lean on an alien entity that is unaligned to him. Let alone something from the Beyond at this point.

So, I was thinking he'd use his own symbol. A modified version of his family crest, and employ it as a medium for his power to repel the Oblivion Flock (and other malicious forces).
Communion Array Alternate Effects wrote: Ward 15 [ward against Malicious Entities from Beyond ; Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; Extras: Continuous Duration (+1/r) ; PF: Contagious Medium (+1 pp), Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp) ; Progression 2 (+2 pp)] * 1 PP

Exorcsim 15 [ Flaws: Limited "Requires Physical Object or Symbol as a Medium" (-1/r) ; PF: Dimensional 2 "Current Designate and local Resonances" (+2 pp)] * 1 PP
For the Ward AP, "Contagious Medium" is the Contagious PF ... but the Medium (Imperious' symbol) is meant to be what becomes contagious, not the targets of Ward. Thus propagating the idea that the symbol of Imperious is a protective icon.

Exorcism, I'm focusing less on the banishing summoned creatures element, and more on the "expelling corruptive influences" from someone. Something to be used while the Oblivion Flock (or any other corruptive influence) is dormant/in the early stages. Before the victim is fully converted into a Nightjar, for example.
This.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Sakuro wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:59 pm
How do you feel about him meeting the memetic cores—-souls—-of his ancestors? They connect him to his family traditions, which awakens this new gift.

Maybe he kicks the snot out of some stupidly powerful Nightjar, and forces it to swear its kind to abide by your house crest?

He ventures to the Beyond? To survive, he clings to the image’s that guides him—-and discovers it holds real power.
I like these ideas. They all have that "experience driven" trigger that I was thinking of, but couldn't quite give an example for. Well done.

The latter two I like because they're more about Lucas independently pushing that barrier within himself without consciously realizing it. Conversely, I think the first two would be easiest to work with. The first being the simplest. Brace yourself now, I'm going to share my thoughts on these.

The first idea, about Lucas meeting the memetic cores of his ancestors, is a good lower conflict option. Lucas is the last of his dynasty. This would allow for some background development of House Jaxon. I could see it as being one of the easier transitions for him using his family crest more than on banners or flags at Bastion. Imperious isn't like Superman, who wears his family crest on his chest. Though this kind of event could change that. This has a personal or familial pride aspect to it.

The Nightjar example feels too specific. It seems as if that event would imply only the Oblivion Flock would be affected by the power. Other than that, this one feels very much like the Imperious side of Lucas. It'd also give justification for other people to believe in the power of the crest. This would very much be an expression of Lucas forcing his will on a group of his enemies.

A lot of times Imperious says "X is under my protection". If we could skew events like your idea with the Nightjar beatdown towards protecting something, rather than dominating an enemy, I think that would be great. The issue would be working the family crest in, rather than just being ... what Imperious normally does.

The last one, describing the venture to Beyond, is a good general idea open to a diverse range of adventure options. Though Imperious would need a justification for leaving Earth-V and going to Beyond. Right now he doesn't care about the multiverse at large. There is too much to be done on Rustdeity. This seems like a very internalized experience too, turning that towards an external act of channeling power through a symbol might be difficult to navigate.
And this.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

That what I thought. Wanted to make sure.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Make a Datalink check.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Does Imperious have time to adjust his Array? If not, Datalink isn't active at all.