[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1
Eric smiles, wanly. "Superhero? Not really. I don't show that side of myself very often if I can help it." When she mentions not being able to back him, he nods. "I know. It's been great working with ya, Abby, but we both knew this wasn't likely to last forever." He grins wickedly. "Staying alive, definitely part of the plan. And yeah, I'll help deal with all this crap tonight before I go." Silently, he adds, ~And if you ever need my help, let me know.~
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She opens her mouth to say something, only managing a few half-words as her face runs the gamut through shock-confusion, anger-sadness, and finally tired-frustration. "You sure chose the time to drop several bombs on me today Sammy. What am I, Japan? Argh. We'll... deal with all this later. Let's just get the police over here to deal with the trash."

The woman stats to go for her phone, presumably to dial the authorities.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

"Uh, I hate to ask, but are you planning on calling the cops? Right now? Before we've, uh," He finger quotes, "Interviewed the people who tried to murder you?"

Felix smiles pleasantry, while planning to disable their phones quietly if the answer is yes.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She stares at Felix for a moment, before pinching the bridge of her nose. "Urgh, fine. Use the storage room, and please don't rough them up any. They can and will use that against us once they're in custody."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Right. No roughing them up, that won't be a proble-" He trails off, then looks over at Eric and Cheyenne, and repeats, "Right. No roughing them up."

"Not that they need to know that. Look big and scary," He glances at Copper, "Or just look extra toothy. Ooh, or maybe mention how tasty they look if they start getting tight lipped. And lick your chops. They don't know any better."

"Uh... does anybody know how to interrogate people? I'm better with getting information out of computers."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter
"Right. No roughing them up, that won't be a proble-" He trails off, then looks over at Eric and Cheyenne, and repeats, "Right. No roughing them up."
Chey merely smiled an angelic grin while cracking her knuckles the pops loud in the hallway. Before making her way downstairs the grin on her face turning positively malevolent as she did
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Slowly those willing to participate in the interrogation get the perps in question into the office's storage space. There's a stack of old metal conference chairs stacked in a corner that can satisfy their uses, and Erics is well aware of where they kept some spare handcuffs. There's four of them in total, the three mundane men and the satyr known as Theodore. While the humans are certainly out cold, a supernatural is made of sterner stuff.

The man's head tilts around languidly, a touch of blood leaking from his mouth and staining his goatee. "Urguh... Giatí niótho san na écho chtypísei apó éna fortigó... Ah. That's right. I got slammed by a couple of Amazonian beauties, Ehahaha..." He shuffles his hands, feeling the way his bindings clink against his metal seat. "Ohoh, It's been awhile since a woman's used the real deal on me. Skipping a few steps now aren't we?"

Crooked yellow eyes look up at the party, Theodore's showing off his too-perfect teeth with an off-kilter grin. "Pardon me if I ask for my lawyer first. Be a doll and call him up for me will you?"
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Eric laughs, a side-splitting laugh. Raising a finger, he attempts to get everyone's attention so that he can say something first. "You are operating under the belief that we are the police. Allow me to disavow you of that notion. As private citizens, we are allowed to defend our personal property from attack. Now, you and your team did a lot of damage here, so who's going to pay for it, hmm?"

Eric turns to Felix. "I noticed you messing with his phone. Did you get anything useful from it? And, what state is it in now?" Felix's answer may well indicate that Theodore may be truly, utterly screwed... Eric takes a deep breath, trying to get a read on Theodore.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Hmm?" Felix looks up and pauses for a moment, "Oh yeah, that. Well we caught the boobytrap when I logged in, cute attempt with the biometric landmind."

"Then the funniest thing happened. You got this text from a guy named Longhorn. By the by, he knows you failed, called you useless and then tried to erase every trace of himself off your phone,"
Felix shakes his head, "Not fast enough though. I've got names, addresses, phone numbers. And I can even get everything that was erased back in a day or two."

Felix smiles, "And the best part? He's probably thinking there's only one way we got that info now. If he wasn't gunning for you before? Well, I bet he is. Real soon."

Felix pauses, a curious thought popping to mind, "Wait, was that your lawyer, or Longhorn's lawyer you wanted to call?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With a shallow laugh, "Ah the boss loves putting us through the ringer like this sometimes. We've been through this song and dance before, he'll come around to me again eventually. Always does."

Theodore rolls his shoulders, stretching them as much as he can to relieve himself of as much discomfort he can. "So what, names, addresses, numbers? What good our any of those without the context to back them up, hm? I can guarantee you over half those are useless already, and the rest will be very soon."
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal; 1 unspent PP

Before the satyr had managed to wake up, Jenny had dabbed a bit of the blood from his mouth, and shaved a few hairs from his head- these trinkets went into a tiny container which vanished into her extensive pockets. You could never tell when you might need some extra insurance...

With most of his attention focused on Eric and Felix, Theodore could be forgiven if he didn't really notice Jenny standing directly behind him- until there was soft snick and a tiny bit of pressure. The subtle signs that a silver-bladed ritual knife had just nicked a little shaving from one of his horns...
(OOC: Let me know if I need to edit this, or roll for something- if he struggles too much, she will tell Eric to hold him for a moment)

"Teddy, Teddy, now," Jenny murmured in a gentle voice. "You know we don't want you, not really. You're just a small fish- or rather goat, in the wrong place at the wrong time. This could turn out all right for you, in the long run. We WANT your boss, and we want the Source- where they make it, who makes it. Take Longhorn out of the picture, there's likely to be an opening for a smart fellow, a well-spoken fellow who can rally the leaderless and bereft." She paused and sighed- when she spoke again her voice had changed, become the harsh rasp that had dug through the silence. "Or you could stay loyal, count on his good graces- and get ground in the gears of progress, with nothing to show for it but pain. Because you can't stop us, and HE can't stop us. So will you tell us- where is Longhorn? And where is the Source?"

>OOC: Prior to the start of speaking, Jenny will configure her Variable for Mind-Reading 8, Subtle 2, limited to surface thoughts, sense-dependent (interaction). This requires an effect check (1d20+8= 24, resisted by his Will). She is also using the Interaction and her Deception to try to trick him into thinking about what she wants per the Mind-Reading write-up (1d20+5= 22, vs. his Insight), in addition to a basic read with Insight (1d20+9= 20); rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/795704

Let me know if any clarification or further rolls are required. Sorry about the delay...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix bites back a laugh, "That was kind of why I was saying you should be worried. If you're right he's wiping away everything that can lead back to him. You're one of those things, right?"

Felix's face grows more grim, "I mean, I've seen what happened in the headquarters you had under the apartment. I hope those guys weren't expecting him to come around. Because they didn't go through the wringer, they just got their necks wrung."

He pauses then shrugs, "But hey, you have a point I could be lying, so-"

He brings up the recording and starts reading off a random set of texts between Theodore and Longhorn, verbatim, using a sound distortion app in his glasses to make Longhorn's voice sound deeper and menacing, and Theodore's higher and squeaky.

Honestly he could have just read off a few names and addresses, but he had no idea how Longhorn had tracked what was going on so far, and he didn't want to give the little jerk any info he could use to try and get back into Longhorn's good graces.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

"Now, now," Eric says, "Your boss' actions say, to me, that he is extremely paranoid. No. I think that you have transformed from a valued employee to a loose end, and your boss seems to me the sort who doesn't leave loose ends untied, for lack of a better word. It seems to me that, once you leave this building, you will have a cross-hair on your head.":

Eric sighs. "If you don't give us into that is relevant, then, we have no reason to keep you here. Our last action will be to call the police and have you arrested, for breaking and entering, along with the damage you did. You might not even make it to the police car, and if you do, I personally can't say that the police department is above reproach. I can think of countless ways for you to 'get it' once you're in jail. And," He raises his finger, "again. we have no reason to stop it from happening. So, it's up to you to give us reason to help you." Eric shrugs, his face showing indifference to the whole matter. "Up to you."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

While Eric and Felix and Jenny were doing their thing on the satyr. Chey was hanging back looking tall and imposing while lazily petting Copper. the Dragoons scales smooth under her touch.

Her eyes though never left the Satyr and they promised mayhem if he caused trouble

Chey Imtimidation check _: 1D20+10 = [10]+10 = 20
try to demoralize so the interrogation goes smoother
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Theodore tries to resist having his horn scraped, but there's not much he can do to resist. As Jenny concocts her ritual the satyr tries his best to laugh off everyone's words, but it's lost some of it's muster.

"Come on, the big guy needs me around. If I wasn't around to help keep morale up who's he gonna get? That crackheaded wizard? Not a fat chance." An image flashes in Jenny's mind, an Arabian man with blue specks of light in the center of his eyes. Her spell is working.

"The hell do you think talking about the whiskey mixup is going to acomplish? Everything worked out just fine in the end, shoulda seen how happy the boss was when I rolled up!" A road leading up to an older factory, Horns thicker then a body builder's biceps, eyes that shown red like lit coals. A flash of a fist, a sharp sensation of pain.

"Though, he did have a temper. ...Ahaha, now that you mention it... Maybe you're right. What use am I to anyone in jail, right? Longhorn's been running the business since even before the Inheritance , getting on with the years that old bull. Tell you what... You help me, and I help you, deal?"

[ooc]You've all successfully deceived him into think you're willing to work with him, and Jenny has a good grasp of his mental state. Combined with what Felix knows, you don't technically need him to show you the way anymore. What do you do next?[/ooc]
------------