[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny had arrived somewhen during the preceding conversation between Eric, Felix, and Agent Elrond, walking across the grass of the walk with a confidence somewhat at odds with her youth and small size. If she had changed at all since they had last seen her, it was only in the smallest of ways, at least to the outer eye- a few more trinkets on her jacket, a brand-new waterproof messenger back slung over her shoulder, a hooded sweatshirt pulled up to ward against the dingy weather...

"By all means, let's glorify unnecessary consequence-free violence, and the exploitation of crippling PTSD for laughs. Boys..." She shook her head and turned towards the Agent. "Of course we'll help- I'll even spare you the requisite quote about my rates." She smiled brightly at that before continuing. "is there anything else you can tell us before we start digging? Or any chance you have a token we can use for Seeking?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

He flinched when Michael mentioned Longhorn, unconsciously looking over at his left shoulder. That fight had cost him his arm, and nearly his life as well. That wasn't exactly a fight he wanted to relive any more than he already did.

Felix rolled his eyes at Jenny's comments. There was always somebody who'd read too much importance to what was really just an escapist tv show for kids, "As the one armed victim of violence who's suffering from PTSD? I have no idea why you don't like fun."

He shrugs, turning back to Michael, "Pictures would be nice. I don't suppose they tracked her credit card information? Or had any leads they were following before she disappeared? Oh, phone number would be nice, maybe we can track the phone's last movements."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mikjáll wouldn't have access to any of her personal items, to give away such agency would be a tremendous breech of secrecy by his superiors. If he pulled some strings, he might manage the more disposable phone information. He does however possess her case file, and what notes she left behind. While they might require more careful study, off the bat he'd recognize the company name of Teran United along with it's Lake Magnus Robotics facility, located just a few miles outside the city limits.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"Sorry, no items that would permit the level of connection you would need for a Seeking." He says, "We tend not to forge close connections amongst each other to protect each other... In this case that will work against us.

"The only credit card I have used since being recruited are pre-paid cards and fake cards so tracking them is pointless. But I do have the number of the burner phone she was using."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I don't know. Following what purchases were made with the credit cards might give us an idea of where she was. You know, where she was staying, where she was eating, purchases in certain areas gives us ideas where she was. Possibly even what she was up to based on stores she was buying from," Felix brought up a notepad on his display, "Anyways, let me know what the phone number is. If it's still active-"

A robot arm appears from the back of his coat, over his left shoulder, it's "hand" held up as if to forestall oncoming comments, "I know, not likely. But, if it's still active I'll try to pull up GPS. Otherwise it might take me a while to see if I can pull up any GPS logs from the phone company."

"You know, they say they don't track that stuff but... well,"
he rolls his eyes, "I mean, look at google maps."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 1

Suddenly, the room was filled with the sound of Eric slamming his paws into the table where he's sitting. In an instant,Eric is on his feet, looking ready to pounce on Michael and start mauling him. With a voice full of steel and fury, he said"Did I just hear you say, 'above my pay grade'?" Eric strides towards Michael, mad as Hell. Putting a finger into Michael's face, he said, "I want full disclosure into what the Hell we're heading into, or I walk. Last time we did, we lost a man. If not for sheer dumb luck, Felix wouldn't be here tonight. As it is, HE LOST A FUCKING ARM! No, not again." Eric takes his seat, shaking from anger. Not at Michael but at the jerks who gave him this mission. Eric will need a LOT of convincing to jump down the rabbit hole once again...
Last edited by ichigorno on Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Easy man, easy," Felix says walking over to Eric, "It's not Michael's fault his bosses are jackasses. He can't control that. He's just a guy, like us, stuck in a bad situation. And if we don't help him he's got to do it on his own. Then he'll be the one who's going to get hurt."

"Plus there's a woman out there who might still be alive, and if we don't help her who else will?"
He asks, "And anybody who can pick up one of these agents is probably doing all sorts of worse stuff."

"I know, I'm... not happy with the situation either,"
Felix gives Eric a smile, "But if we watch out for each other I think we can get through this."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'm sure you wpuldn't do that when you realize you're in the middle of public, correct? The park your at isn't very populated, but people are there. Michael, you actually have the details of her actual mission as it's up to you to finish it.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

ichigorno wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:57 pm Suddenly, the room was filled with the sound of Eric slamming his paws into the table where he's sitting. In an instant,Eric is on his feet, looking ready to pounce on Michael and start mauling him. With a voice full of steel and fury, he said.

"Look, I get it. you've got a problem with authority - imagined or otherwise. Most pussies do." Michael makes an obvious dig at El Tigre's cat form. "I am asking for your help. If you want to walk, fine. I said this was not something I felt I could do alone. Does not mean I wouldn't try.

"You want 'full disclosure' you say?
He adds, not waiting for the tiger man to reply. "I want my teammate back. I know, shocking. An elf giving a fig about an orc. In case you haven't noticed, I am trying to give you everything I know - and make inferences with that information. I do not consider any of you expendable. In fact, if you recall, I tried to offer you medical assistance the last time we met. And. Did everything I said I would to keep your names and descriptions out of it."

His voice never changes pitch or tone.

"Felix, you think the cards could help track, and I would definitely give them to you. But we actually do not keep track of the numbers. They are activated in bulk and we practically just reach into a bowl and pull one out when heading out. But the phone number I do have. This is hers... and this is mine. If you want to help me. Not my bosses. Me.

He picks up his jacket and heads for the door without looking back.

"Tel'athim." He can be heard saying as he leaves - it's true, the virus and new forms of those out there did not include racial languages, but there were enough made up languages on the net to have picked up words and phrases "attributed" to elves in various literature...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As the elf begins to take his leave, you have a brief window to consider the details before he's fully out of reach. True, he'd given his phone number, but if you were all here already it may be easier to cordinate. If you went along with it, that is.

The most important things you all note is the disapearence of Agent Claire (Orc, F), who has been out of contact for more then 48 hours by this point. Well after her last scheduled check in. Her last known location while investigating the robotics lab is uncertain, it's not even a guarantee she reached the location. As for her original assignment itself, the rumors Michael could provide would be of dangerous and potentiall unethical experimentation into artifact creation and their use by humans. You're already expereinced in the harmful effects magic can have against non-supernaturals. Yet that's all there was so far, rumors.

You don't know what they're like, you don't even know if they're actually a good person. Right now though, there's a woman out there who's missing, and people who desperately want her back.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Of course I'm not mad at him, but I am angry with his superiors, behaving the way they have. I know there's a woman out there needing help, and that he needs our help to find her. I just really despise how this whole thing was set by his superiors."

"FREEZE!" Eric shouted as Michael prepared to leave. Michael could be forgiven in thinking he'd been stopped by an angry cop. Striding over to Michael, he said, "You can fall off that high horse right now, Mister. Before, well, this," he patted his chest, "I was the precinct captain of the police in this area, and I know all about authority, so, don't throw that shit in my face. Ever."

Then, more calmly, he added. "You, I was asked to give the benefit of a doubt, by someone I trust. You've done pretty good so far. Just, please, let this trend continue."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Michael smiles. Calmy turning back to Eric.

"Goes both ways." He says amicably, "Goes with the ears to be accused of being on a high horse. I'm used to it. But from where I am standing I came in on foot. Not a horse... to truly massacre your metaphor as it were.

"From where I'm standing, I can't actually tell where you are coming from. Bluster? Bravado? Genuine good heart? For some reason, I'm tempted to think the last. No one asked me to trust you - any of you - I am going solely on the fact that you worked really well together and did the area a huge favor."

Michael actually wonders to himself exactly what high ground Eric felt he had been attempting to hold, genuinely perplexed by the statement - to his eyes, the only one on a high horse was Eric. He was talking down to the elf and trying to establish a pecking order - one which Michael really did not care about one way or the other.

"Make you a deal." He says instead of escalating the situation, "Get off my ass and I'll stay off yours.

"And for what it's worth... ex Navy SEAL."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"I've seen too many good men die because they were underprepared for the assignment they were given, so I always tried to prepare my men as best I could with all the intel available, whether it was 'above their pay-grade' or not. I'm sorry, that phrase just rubs me the wrong way, know what I mean?" Then, he chuckled. "Fair enough. Let's stay off each other's asses."

Eric nods appreciatively when Michael mentions being an ex-Navy SEAL. "I think we can work together."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Michael offers his hand to the weretiger.

"Glad to hear it."

He pulls a sheaf of folded papers from his jacket pocket, "Not my favourite phrase either - I'll keep in mind your distaste of it. I generally use it when something is beyond my ability to know or control.

"But, here is a picture of the missing agent."

Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

People taking the offered photo will see the smiling and relaxed dispotion of a woman with cropped back hair. Like most orcs her skin is of a greener pigment, though on the lighter end of the spectrum. She gives an air of passive strength within the photo, similar to Cheyenne. Decked out in tactical military gear she dosn't seem to carry the give of a 'secret agent', though perhaps this was an older photo before she was recruited.
------------