[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
catsi563

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"hnnh show off." Chey grunted good naturedly at Felix before she entered the office. when everyone else was in she planted her foot on the doors bottom and then set herself as a doorstop incase anyone tried to get in. she locked it for good measure to make sure they had room to run

Basically bracing the door which is intact along with the locking mechanism
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"Me? Show off?" Felix asks, standing there in his shimmering mirror techshades, LED lit armored coat, and cludgework techno-staff that seemed to shift and move in his hands, then casually says with a big smile, "I have no idea what you're talking about."

As he walks in he looks at the steel droplets that had affixed themselves to his sleeve.

"They had steel in the wall?" Felix said, shaking his head, "How rich are these guys!?"

He stops and stares at the chair, desk, and holographic setup.

"Ah. They are stupid rich," He mutters, pulling a USB drive from one of his pockets, looking at it, shaking his head and swapping it with another one, "So we should totally steal that chair. I mean, we might need to cart that poor girl outside once we find her."

He wasn't being entirely serious. Though he had thought about stealing it for a few sounds before he realized how much of a logistical nightmare it'd be. It was too short anyways.

Standing at the desk he brought up his hand to start messing around with the interface, "You might want to search the office while I work. No matter how much time we have it's not going to be enough, and we're going to be leaving in a hurry."

He made sure his shades were recording as he worked, first bringing up her e-mail. A quick glance to get a general idea, focusing around when the agent was kidnaped and then it if wasn't locked down he'd export a copy of her mailbox onto the usb drive. Then a quick look at her desktop, it was amazing what people would choose to leave on the local machine instead of in the network folders. Anything that looked interesting, and wasn't going to take forever to copy, would be dropped on the USB device.

Then he'd check the network drive to see what folders she had access to, if any. Copying those would take forever, likely, but if they looked neat enough he'd start it. Even if it stopped before getting everything it would be interesting to see what he did get.

Truth was he had his priorities in a certain order. Finding the Agent was paramount. As much as he wanted to know everything he could about what these witless yahoos were doing, saving somebody's life came first.
Second was getting access to the security system, specifically the cameras. He'd have to do some special magic, but he needed to leave as little evidence as possible for them to use. Plus having access to the security cameras would let them search the facility much faster than they could by foot.
Last priority was grabbing every last detail in regards to magic, alchemy, and robots that they were working on.

And stealing the damn chair.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Eric takes a cursory look around alongside Mikjal as Felix continues his work, though they don't seem to find much on a surface level. It seems the administrator liked to keep her office very clean, organized, and sparse of anything that might suggest they had a personal life. The technomage likewise draws similar conclusions when he takes into account how everything on her computer has been optimized to a frankly neurotic level. The desktop itself seems to have been left as the logo for the company, only housing the icons for the basic computer icons as well as one for their in-house email service. Something they seem to have called "Ley-Line".

Opening up the account reveals that the operator's relentless obsession with cleanliness and organization extends even here, as the inbox is completely empty. She seems to be the extremely cursed type of person who reads an email, then deletes it afterward. While the user might be meticulous, that doesn't mean the process is perfect server-side. After taking a moment to fiddle with things he discovers something other then he intended, signs of someone else using the computer. Whoever was using the computer hadn't done nearly as good a job cleaning up after themselves as the actual owner. Correspondence has been sent out in the last few weeks from the computer, yet none of the names actually seem to be the administrator's. Something about their contents pricks at his senses regarding them, though they largely seem to have been inventory management and transportation. One message in particular is a very familiar one; the same email sent to Dr. Jackson from the company's apparent legal team.

Though certainly odd, none of it really pertains to locating the missing agent, and he's forced to move on.

Poking around some of the most recently edited folders reveals what seems to be a set of transcripts from what seems to have been an interrogations with various individuals that don't strike him as familiar. That is, until he comes across one from yesterday, and clearly spots Claire's descriptions. It's long, longer then he had time to analyze. A general skim indicates that the interrogator was trying to press the captured agent about her affiliations and intentions, though the orc seems to have remained adamantly silent overall. At the very end there's an order to return the woman back to "The Hole."

With a specific term in mind, it takes a quick search to locate more detailed mentions of "the Hole", a name the administrator seemed to detest, instead insisting on it's official designation of "CB-003". Piecing together information he's able to make a rough guess as to it's location, apparently on a far end of the this floor that's not actually on his digitized map. Nevertheless, Felix has enough to mark it's most likely location.

Before he can go even further, Eric swears aloud, his left ear flicking. "Damnit, we're out of time. Felix, get what you need and let's move!"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2

"Figures. We bust into the office of a deranged clean-freak," Felix mutters to himself, pulling the USB from the device and stuffing it back in his pocket, "I've got a location. Looks like they built onto the facility, off the blueprints, to hide a detention area they refer to as 'the hole'. The interrogated your friend yesterday and when she wouldn't speak the sent her back. Far end of this floor."

He lifts his staff, "You're going to have to buy me a couple minutes. I can access the security system through this computer and I need to wipe anything they have of us."

Mostly he didn't want these guys going to the cops with their information. But he also wanted them to have as little information to work with themselves. They obviously had more money than sense, and unless Michael's friend brought them down after they left it would be a powerful enemy still floating around.

Summoning his magic he lowered his staff and tapped the glowing crystal against the computer.
OOC: Extra-Effort to stunt the following:
Mind Control: Cumulative Affliction 4 (Alternate; 1st degree: Dazed, 2nd degree: Compelled, 3rd degree: Controlled, Resisted by: Will, DC 14; Cumulative, Increased Duration 2: sustained, Increased Range 2: perception; Distracting, Limited: Nonintelligent Electronics)

Basically going to make the security system replace any video of the party with characters from random TV Shows or movies. Any speech from the party will be replaced by the lyrics from Rick Astley's masterpiece "Never Gonna Give You Up" which will progress until the song is done, then start over again.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

As Felix lowers his staff to the computer, Eric gives him all of half a second to channel his spell before roughly grabbing the mage by his arm. He's pulled away from the woman's computer, the monitor flicking through a rainbow of colors as a half-cast spell rampages unabated through it's systems. "I said we're out of time! If you don't want us to face off against a dozen security officers at once, then we're getting the hell away from here. Why the hell they didn't jump us the moment you tore a hole through the wall, I'll have no clue."

GM: Felix, take an HP for having your spell interrupted.

Michael, though frowns at the weretiger's use of force, still finds himself nodding in agreement. "Overlaying their footage of us would be a tactic best used when we're making our escape. Jenny has us still, in theory, covered with her talismans."

"Form up, form up!"

Scowling, he peers through a window on the door before nodding to Cheyenne holding the door. "Alright everyone. Prepare to move out in three... two... One!"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 3

Felix doesn't look at Eric, instead watching the uncontrol powers ripping into the computer and possibly the entire network.

"Uh-oh," He says staring at the destroyed computer, "Uh-oh... Uh, we should, uh, go now. We should probably, uh, start running."

It was probably going to be fine. It was uncontrolled, it'd probably just wreck some things. Probably. Which might be a problem depending on what it hit first. It was fine, he told himself.
It wasn't like they had a magical arc reactor connected to the system that the wave of magic he unleashed would send into an explosive meltdown. Or a set of robots that might go into killbot mode. Or some storage room full of highly explosive magical devices.

No, it'd probably just burn out a network switch and that'd be it.

Probably.

He ignored Michael's comment about trying on the way out, mostly because he already knew how this was going to end. With them running and the entire building chasing after them.

Instead he runs up to Cheyenne and looks at her, "Down the hall, that way, second left, then the first right and get ready to smack down a wall."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

From her spot in the back of the room, Jenny gave a brief yelp as Felix's spell burst loose. Her hands swept frantically through the air, a juggler just on the verge of spilling everything, as she tried to hold her own spell together. Luckily, most of the energy that Felix had pulled up seemed to gravitate towards the electronics, and Jenny managed to hold her concealment spell together- for now.

She bowed her head, briefly, letting her hair obscure her face for a moment, then turned a brief glance at Eric. "Cats, man," she slurred. "Just knock a glass of water off a table next time..."

Then she turned and shuffled into place behind Cheyenne, ready to move herself (and her spell) out into the hallway behind the tough woman's lead...

>OOC: Onwards! (It is just three of us now, isn't it?)
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey didnt hesitate she opened the door and began heading for where they suspected the woman was being held. She wasnt in a hurry but her steps were deliberate as if she were a train building up momentum. She pulled a mask down over her face conealing all but her eyes trusting jennys spell work to take care of any cameras.
head out for the prisoner if shes here other wise get out of building by most direct means possible

preemptive roll for initiative _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18

h
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The crew of five bursts through the door as a complete unit, if very mismatched as one. Towards the opposite hallway Felix indicated stands a line of men and woman in hardened body armour, guns pointed forward and aimed for the door. To their eyes there's a feint shimmer in the air yet none of the rumored intruders, and their hesitancy is crucial for survival.

"Where the hell-?" One woman shouts, only to be overshadowed by another.

"invisibility! Spread your fire out, cover the area!"

Muzzles flash, and hot lead sprays out over everyone's heads and around their feet. By some miracle most of the supernaturals are left unfazed beyond ringing eardrums, with the weretiger taking several shots to his back as he valiantly shields the group. Mikjal himself dives down just before Jenny takes a hit, grunting as red blossoms on his right shoulder.

"Keep moving!" The elf hisses, urging everyone forward. With some quick thinking he dabs his shoulder with a hankerchief, flinging it and a spray of blood back towards the office door. The flash of movement draws enough of the squads line of fire,allowing everyone to quickly escape deeper into the complex.

Eric's wounds heal without much fuss after only a short jog, and Mikjal's tougher then he looks. Enough to keep up the rapid pace at the very least.

Gunshots and shouting fades behind you, but your hopes of avoiding conflict entirely are dashed when sounds of scuffle takes place up ahead. Right where your destination is.

There's no choice but to keep moving forward. Bracing for a fight (GM: Toss me iniaitive!), you come across an odd scene of six armed guards crowding around a doorway in a hall labled "Ritualistic Implementations". Two of them have their guns pointed down the hallway, though its evident their attention is mostly on the scuffle behind them.

"Shi-! The nimbus didn't have an effect, things are out of control in there!" One woman says, throwing herself up against a door. Something slams against the other side, nearly making her loose her footing.

Another officer swears back at her, "What the hell is going on today? First there was this nonsense, then someone broke into the dirrector's office, and now- Now I can't even contact HQ!"

One of the guardian however, looks familiar. The tall one from upstairs. Her head snaps to face the seemingly empty hallway, and she raises her weapon. "Don't trust your eyes, we've got company!"
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny tried to take cover behind one of her sturdier teammates, attempting to hold the concealment together as long as possible...

>OOC: Initiative 1d20+2= 16, roll https://orokos.com/roll/905589
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix continues his charge, staff raised high thrumming with techno-magical energy as he closes in on the guards.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Dice Rolls
Guards: 7
Supernatural Guard: 17
???: 24
Eric: 22
Mikjal: [rl=https://orokos.com/roll/905620]9[/url]
???: 28
Eric: 17
Combat isn't signaled by a thrown spell, or even a shot bullet. Instead, it's started when a heavily muscled arm tears through the solid steel door wraps around the female guards neck. She gasps for air, hands futilely scrambling over it for some semblance of purchase. Veins pop, and a lattice of golden tattoos flair with light as the arm starts to squeeze over the poor woman's esophagus.

"Shit-!" One of the two near her shout, just before Eric tears past Jenny's field of invisibility, lunging himself briefly onto a wall before lunging straight for the supernatural guard. Sharp reflexes keep her out of harm's way, leaving the were tiger to scramble on all fours right behind enemy lines.

Turn Order {Players may act in any order!}
???: 24
Eric: 22
Felix: 19
Cheyene: 18
Jenny: 16

SG: 15
Mikjal: 9 (-1 Toughness)
Guards{5}: 7 (One is being choked)
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix rushes forward, staff held high as he swings it much like on might one hand swing a baseball bat. Due to the situation, and the need not to bring all of the guards down on their heads, he bit down on his urge to yell.

But in his heart of hears he was screaming, at the top of his mental lungs, Goongala!
OOC: Attack on the only guard who isn't currently engaged. Attack on security guard: 1d20+8 18
DC23 toughness if that hits.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition- Normal

Jenny stumbled back, ending up sitting down, with her back to the wall just inside the door they had entered from and hopefully out of the line of fire. The other could probably handle the guards. Gritting her teeth, she kept her right hand twisting in the gestures that guided her illusion of concealment and did something that she had only tried in far simpler situations- drawing forth more sorcerous energy while maintaining an existing spell. She couldn't hold both effects together for long- but this might not take long...

>OOC: Jenny will begin to shift her Sorcery Variable. Taking an Expertise- Sorcery roll (1d20+5= 12; roll https://orokos.com/roll/906395 ). This gets her 2PP to start with, since she has 16 dedicated to the Concealment effect of her 20 total- so she can maintain the Concealment for this round. Remember that the Concealment can be resisted, DC 18 WILL- it is an Illusion effect...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: fighter

Chey burst out of the cover of the spell the instant gunfire started and proceeded to start putting people down as fast as she could. She didnt pull pumches either as she made to clear the area of armed opposition

Chey will go goon sweeper shell take 10 on any goons and wallop them with takedown attack thats a DC 25 shes going for hospital stays not morgue visists just to be clear

Catsi stories