[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

As the others began to filter out, Jenny gazed for a few more moments at the spot where their 'host' had been- and even as she followed them to the door she had a distracted air, as if she were listening to something that none of the others could hear. With her satchel and bedroll thrown over one shoulder she trailed along, her gaze flickering from place to place, tracking well... nothing.

As they came into sight of Felix's vehicle, she stopped short for a moment. "You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought," she muttered- too young to even realize she was quoting. After a moment's hesitation, she climbed aboard, stowing her stuff behind one seat. "So that's it, that's how you're going to approach this? One of the most active and possibly dangerous spots in the city, just gonna roll on in, poke the hornet's nest with a stick?"

She sighed, and drew a slender silver whistle from one of the pockets of her elaborate coat- putting the whistle to her lips she blew into it, but no sound escaped. "Bob gives you points for a big brass pair, but I'm gonna ask around a bit. Wake me up when we get there, okay..." And with that, she leaned back in the seat and closed her eyes. Her lips moved slightly, but the soft syllables that emerged were not English- maybe not even any actual language at all...

>OOC: Okay, she will take the time to use her spirit Contacts and that earlier Investigation roll to Gather Information. First round is about current Source activity in general. If she has the time (one minute per try) she will also ask about Boss Longhorn and the Mazerunners in general- mostly to see where they have been active lately (and especially if they can be tied to our target location by anything more concrete or current than our one clue). Following that, she will use a moment to shift her Variable- I'll put that up in a bit.

-Earlier Investigation 1d20+9= 19, roll https://orokos.com/roll/756023
-Follow-up Investigation (Contacts)(if needed and/or possible) 1d20+9= 26, roll https://orokos.com/roll/758075
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Copper had decided he liked the Treant. The massive and plodding creature suited his sensibilities.

The former canine sort of wished he was more proactive like some of the others, but for the most part he enjoyed tagging along to provide what support he could. Eventually, he would become more, of that the dragonling was certain...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

"Well the sensible approach would be not offending the drug dealing criminals and minding our own business," Felix notes as he gets The Mongrel underway, "But since we're not being sensible..."

He shrugs, "You got a better idea and I'm all ears."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:14 pm "Well the sensible approach would be not offending the drug dealing criminals and minding our own business," Felix notes as he gets The Mongrel underway, "But since we're not being sensible..."

He shrugs, "You got a better idea and I'm all ears."
Jenny Ember

"I'm fine with offending the drug-dealing criminals, even without Echo's influence, and I'm terrible at minding my own business but still..." She paused, looking out the window for a moment as the streets rolled by. "But I'm not exactly well-suited to getting in a head-butting contest with a minotaur. I'd like to scout things out a bit, maybe see if there's any real activity there, or if we're just going to warn the Mazerunners that we're coming and tick off everybody else in the bar. I've got some people I could ask, and well, some not-people, but that takes time. I could probably even work up a Seeking spell. And once we find where Boss Longhorn is hanging out, well, Bob is partial to fire. Ever been to a barbeque?"

"But I guess I will have to adapt, won't I?" She looked around the inside of the vehicle a bit more carefully, her gaze lingering on some of Felix's implements. "Is this stuff tech, or is it magic? I tend to have an unpredictable effect on high-tech gadgets, if I'm going to be Working... And I might have to fiddle a bit if I'm going to try to get into a bar."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Both. My gear is a magitech conglomeration of one or the other. The Mongrel is mostly just mechanical," He glances over, "And Copper's collar too."

"And since this stuff is all one of a kind, hand made and can't be replaced, it's basically priceless,"
He glances into the rear view mirror, "So if your stuff might break it, maybe you shouldn't do it in here."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Treant, with subtle prompting from rustling leaves, opts to take the sensible route of crowding himself within Felix's van. It's not very pleasant for him certainly, and the van seems to struggle with such a heavy load, but for the moment it pulls through.

When Jenny blows her whistle, there's no response at first. Yet when she glances at a reflective surface she spies the remarkably intact visage of an older man's spirit. She never knew this man in life, but she had encountered several fellow vagabonds who had. As she communes with him, she learns that Source dealers have gotten more careful as of late, right around the time that her new companions raided the abandoned hideout. It's likely that they know someone's after them, and probably even has a rough guess as to what they look like. The same was for her, after all.

Inquiring about the Mazerunners and their boss themselves, his answers are much more vague and ill-defined. Their territory seems to have moved further North, yet still in the 'rougher' part of the city. He hasn't heard about any minotaurs in the area of the bar, but there has been a satyr that seems to frequent it. The further she presses however, the more uncertain his answers get, to the point where it's clear to her that she's not going to learn much else at this time. Once that conclusion is reached, the elder vagabond soon departs from her spectral senses.

GM: Let me know when you're fine for me to transport you guys over to the next scene, though I'm fine just letting ya'll interact if you're in that sorta groove.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

Bladewind wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:22 pm Copper

Copper had decided he liked the Treant. The massive and plodding creature suited his sensibilities.

The former canine sort of wished he was more proactive like some of the others, but for the most part he enjoyed tagging along to provide what support he could. Eventually, he would become more, of that the dragonling was certain...
A tree man with a dragon pet, how colourful. Indeed the creature behave like a dog, and Rafael likes dogs. He is not exactly the "hows a good boy?" type, but still he dedicates some minutes to pet Copper on his head. Bark and scales make a rasping sound that scare away a few birds resting on Treants branches. "Oh dear..."
Squeezing into the van was not an easy job, specially when holding Copper on him, and trying to open the window for him. Doggies love cars.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:30 am "Both. My gear is a magitech conglomeration of one or the other. The Mongrel is mostly just mechanical," He glances over, "And Copper's collar too."

"And since this stuff is all one of a kind, hand made and can't be replaced, it's basically priceless,"
He glances into the rear view mirror, "So if your stuff might break it, maybe you shouldn't do it in here."
Jenny Ember

"It ought to be all right, then, I think. It's mostly a problem with pure tech- if this is attuned to magic it should conduct properly around the tech-bits. But I'll be careful." She turned to look out the window, this time staring into the rear-view mirror the way most kids her age watched the screens of their phones. "The Source has a source, of course of course. But no one one will talk of the source of Source, of course, unless..." Her voice was soft, a song-song tone that trailed away to nothing.

"We probably won't find the end of this little maze at the bar- they're getting clever, running scared, because of what you've already done. But there might be a link, a satyr. And if we can find a vial of this, a live sample, there are ways to link it back to where it was made..."

>OOC: Ready to move forward.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper

What previously would have been a bleat of some kind came out as...

"And they have trouble understanding ME..."
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

With the back of the Mongrol getting filled rather quickly with the large tree man practically folding over on himself to climb in, Velari stretches up to bring herself onto the roof. Perhaps not strictly speaking a legal way to travel, but safer for her than most with the ability to adhere herself, and if she flattened herself down, it was unlikely anyone would notice her up there in passing. The downside, she wouldn't be able to participate in any conversation or planning without stretching her neck to have herself inside a window, which might cause others who might see that to become distracted on the road, and she certainly didn't want to cause an accident. The others could fill her in on the plan when they arrived.
Good to go.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Around half an hour of travel through the city later, only twenty for Cheyenne, the team eventually comes into view of the Wolfram's Hearth. Felix, after a moment of having to circle the block once, manages to park on the street opposite. It stands at the corner of an intersection just two stories in height with wood paneling painted black on the bottom floor facing the street, with moldings that speak of it's early twenties's construction. A large wooden sign with it's full name pokes out from the center of the center facade, golden lettering in a style that looks reminiscent of what you'd see in fantasy novels. At the bottom in smaller print are is 'Serving Monsters since 1924'. While you doubt it was ever meant to be literal, it certainly lives up to it now.

The front door to the bar has been remodeled within the last year to accommodate over-sized supernaturals such as your 12 ft. tall treeman, who is not at all comfortable sitting with his knees up to his head with arms around his legs, just to not bump into equipment. You're witness to a few men and woman walking out, one of which sporting the horns and red skin of a lesser devil. They seem to be in good spirits as they leave, down the street, if perhaps not walking very steady.

GM: It's currently early afternoon, a little past one a-clock. You're free to make your approach to the bar however you wish, though you'd suspect Jenny at the very least might have issues getting in.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Once the others arrived she greeted them easily giving Copper a scratch on the head and a big smile as she did, then she looked at the bar and took a breath.

"Stay here a moment, Copper and I will go in and get settled. Wait for a couple minutes then follow us in a couple at a time."

Standing up she gestured to copper "Come on boy." She then proceeded to march into the bar as if she were going into a diner for lunch.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper

Without a word, Copper followed easily and naturally, probably like a service dog in any other circumstance...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Velari, why don't you and uh," Felix pauses looking at the tree man, realizing he has no idea what his name is, "him go in next?"

"I'll come in next. About five or ten minutes later,"
he looks over at Jenny, "As for you... you're going to need one heck of a fake ID, nobody's going to buy you're old enough to come in."
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

"Treant, you can call me treant" said the tree man in his low bass tone. He motioned with his branch hands to the fluid woman, indicating the door.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ