[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne and Copper are, of course, the first ones through the door. It's exactly as the woman had possibly expected a place like this to look, a bar filled at least a dozen out-right monsters ranging from a tall cyclops all the way to someone that looked vaguely like a stone golem. Other supernaturals padded out the tables and the stools right up against the bar itself. Humans weren't an oddity either, seemingly fitting in with just as much ease as their fellow patrons. The skilled mage-warrior that she was, she could spot a few of them that even had a particular 'air' about them that spoke of arcane power.

A few look up from their spots as the door chimes, though their focus is more on the dragon then his human companion. He continues to receive odd looks the whole time they trudge further in, taking in a the local decor. Vintage posters of old monster-films take up many of the walls, with what seems to be photos clipped to the side of them. Approaching one that depicted a creature rising from a swap allows her to get a better look. Upon close examination the photo is actually of a species similar to what's depicted on the poster, who's smiling and holding a bottle towards the camera.

Other wall decorations seem to be framed news clippings, mostly detailing some of the exploits of a man named "Olive 'Oli' Aiello", an infamous crime boss from the early 30's to late 50's. One clipping seems to be focused on his funeral arrangements, which was controversially attended by the chief of police at the time.

As she's taking a look around, Treant and Velari eventually make it through the door. The tree-man definitely draws some eyeballs, primarily from the larger monsters looking almost as if they were sizing him up as competition. He finds that, though he's definitely the tallest one here, the renovations done to the bar allow even him to walk around with only a minor hunhchback, perhaps 8-9 feet from floor to ceiling.

"Hey," A feminine voice calls towards the first pair to enter from the bar's direction. Turning to face her way reveals a shorter, though apparently normal woman with dirty-blonde hair and brown eyes. She's dressed in a black T-shirt with the location's logo pasted on the front, and a pair of faded blue jeans that cling to her legs. "You and your friend buying, or just having a looky-loo? If it's the second one, you'll need to see yourselves out. "
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 6:13 pm
"I'll come in next. About five or ten minutes later,"[/color] he looks over at Jenny, "As for you... you're going to need one heck of a fake ID, nobody's going to buy you're old enough to come in."
Jenny nodded a bit glumly. "I don't think I can get in there without magic- and they might have someone who can sense power at Work. I can hang out in the alleged car, keep a watch on the door and stuff, maybe throw out a few more inquiries into the void. And if things get ugly I can send Bob in after you."

>OOC: Jenny is fine hanging back for now. If the GM would prefer to not split the party like that, let me know and she can try to magic up a Morph or something.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter
"Hey," A feminine voice calls towards the first pair to enter from the bar's direction. Turning to face her way reveals a shorter, though apparently normal woman with dirty-blonde hair and brown eyes. She's dressed in a black T-shirt with the location's logo pasted on the front, and a pair of faded blue jeans that cling to her legs. "You and your friend buying, or just having a looky-loo? If it's the second one, you'll need to see yourselves out. "
" I cant see anything ." Chey responded easily "I'm blind and this is my seeing eye dog."

She then turned and headed for a table on the outskirts where she could keep an eye on things and wait for the others.

"Come on boy/" she said softly with a gentle pat on the dragons scaled head.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Cheyenne earns an eye roll for her comment, but the bartender doesn't press any further then that. It's hard for the woman to find a free table, but she does manage to spot one, though it was more centerfold then she'd have liked. If she had to guess, it was probably where that previous group had just occupied. As she settles in, the woman has to wonder to herself if the Wolfram is usually this lively during daytime hours as it is right now.

While Treant and Velari are still gathering their bearings, a young man with the sharp ears and white-gold hair of an elf comes by Cheyenne's table, to drop off a menu. He hesitates a moment with a second, giving copper an appraising look at the dragon, before putting down a second. With a notepad and pen in hand he gives her a quick-rundown of what they have on tap right now and how he can start them off.

GM: As I suspect the people inside are going to try to take a good look around, you may roll perception.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari nods and heads into the club with the tall tree man, all confidence as she strides to the entrance and through with the big guy at her back. All the while, she scans the room, looking for types that look like they might be trying to draw as little attention to themselves as possible.
Perception: 1d20+8 26
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

Perception: 1d20+7 24
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

It was not the first time the tree that once was a man entered a sketchy bar. Actually besides the monsters, the bar was rather neat. Clean and even the clerk had a tablet! In his days a notepad was made of paper. In his current form, however, he was glad people used less paper.
Rafael felt the eyes of the bigger patrons fall on him, but paid them no deed. If they thought that was the biggest he could get they were wrong. He tried to conceal the watery woman as she tried whatever she was going to try. After all he was a tree, there is no better place to hide than behind a tree.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix shrugged, settling down in the driver's seat to wait.

He'd give it another ten minutes or so for the others to do their thing. Honestly he wasn't really the investigative type when it came to people anyways.

It certainly had nothing to do with any misgivings about leaving a street rat in his car, he thought to himself in an unconvincing tone.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

Chey sat down ordered a beer and did her best to keep an eye on things. She was distracted by some deep thoughts though and the comforting presence of the Copper dragon at her side whose breathing lulled her senses a bit

Cheys perception _: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10
Derp wow shes really getting into the attempted blind person joke :P
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hey big guy," The bartender called up to Treant. She was in the middle of pouring the golem-like man a cup of coffee that flowed suspiciously like hot tar. "We're fresh out of oversized seats so you'll have to wait for some of these other wide loads to clear out first. Can I get you something in the meantime?"

While the Men at the bar chucckled a among themselves at her good-natured ribbing, Velari tried to hone in on anyone trying to go about unnoticed, which was difficult with what seemed to be a party going on right in the bar's center. After a moment, she manages to spy a what looked to be a woman wearing a dark hooded jacket taking a drag of something that might have been legal. She stood out to Velari by being one of the few people not sitting down, instead leaned up against the backwall and watching over the bar with her own intense gaze. For a moment the slime almost things they locked eyes, but it was only for an instant as the other woman's head tilted further upward to fully observe Treeant's monstrous form. Pulling her poison of choice back out her mouth with her right hand, she uses the other to touch something near her ear and says something impossible to make out.

Meanwhile, Cheyenne's order was written down without issue The elf once again hesitated with Copper. "And... For you sir?"

Though he addressed him so directly, the dragon's attention was instead being drawn towards a scene of revelry closer to the bar itself where the largest concentration of patrons were. People were laughing and chatting in a way that could be describe as merrily. Men, woman, and supernatural of all sorts were all treating one another like they were old friends having some form of celebration, but what was being celebrated wasn't certain. At the center of it all was a man he initially only caught glimpses of with how immersed he was in the crowd. A goat's horn, sharp ears, what might've been a tail, the clack of a hard hoof against wood. Satyr plain and clear.
------------
Camus

Treant

Post by Camus »

"Not a problem. Water will be good. Mineral, and add some glass cleaner to it. I could use some nitrogen." he said
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

For a minute or two, Jenny was quiet, curled up in the seat and watching the street in front of the bar. Then she cocked her head to one side, as if listening to someone, responding with a few whispered words in something that didn't sound like English. Shifting around a bit, she opened her satchel and dug out a few odds and ends, including a pair of paperclips and some small vials of powder. She began fiddling with all of the bits, muttering in something that sounded almost familiar- but still not English. Felix would be able to sense the familiar tingle of magic at work.

Soon enough, she held out one of the paperclips to Felix- it had been bent into something very like an earring clip, and the metal was stained by whatever powders she had dipped it in. "Here, take this," she said, even as she was fitting the other paperclip around her own ear- very like a crude imitation of a Bluetooth earpiece. "When you go in, we can keep in contact- in case something happens in there, or out here..."

>OOC:
-Part the first: Perception on the comings and goings out front, and a Streetwise check to see if she recognizes anybody.
-Perception 1d20+8= 13
-Streetwise 1d20+13= 27
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/761827

-Part the second: Fire up the Sorcery Variable for Senses 1 (Communication Link- auditory), one for her and a matching one (with affects Others, Others only) for Felix, which takes 2pp of her 15 available to make a set of commlinks.
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix looked at the paperclip with a wave of annoyance.

If he wanted to do something like that he'd have needed some kind of power source or battery, some wires and metal for structure and circuitry and of course some hard time consuming work infusing it with mana has it was put together.

This kid, on the other hand, just dipped a paperclip in some powders, whispered magical nonsense and poof, instant headpiece in less than a minute.

Obviously he needed more books, because he was definitely doing something wrong.

That was the problem with the world at the moment. Magic was back but good luck knowing how to actually do anything without some kind of resource materials.

"Thanks," He says looking at the paperclip in his hands, then glances back at the building.

"We taking bets on how long before the doors and windows burst open and people start running out?" He asks idly tapping a finger on the steering wheel.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"You got it big guy." The bartender answers, taking Rafael's peculiar order without so much as a blink. With an expert's deft she quickly finds a metal mug that's been sized to turn a normal man's pint into a gallon, and sets it to fill up automatically with filtered water. Once it was near full she comes back to it, pours in a measure of cleaner, stirs, and slides it over to the nearest open spot to Treeant.

"Anything for that pretty friend of yours?" She asks, noticing Velari after a span.

Outside, there's little else interesting so far to see, but Jenny has herself on the lookout in case things change.

GM: Nobody new has left or entered just yet, but sit tight. Apologies that you two are a little cut off at the moment.
------------
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari shakes her head. "Naw, I'm good for now thanks." Using Treat's bulk as a measure of cover, Velari concentrates. She hadn't quite fully gotten used to doing this, but she splits off a small portion of her own body including an ear, moving it sneakily along the ground where she thinks it won't be noticed, attempting to eavesdrop on the suspicious woman.
Using Variable for Remote Sensing (Auditory) 2, Simultaneous, Feedback - 2pp. This gives her a 120ft range with a little goo glob with an ear moving along sneakily.