[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

Felix looks at the floor, the people foamed to the floor, the people standing around and back to the girl.

"There's nothing wrong with wanting to be yourself. I understand, I've been there," Felix says softly, then asks, "But you need ask yourself this: Is this," he waves to the room, "who I want to be? Or is this who he wants you to be?"
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Jenny's words finally hit their mark, fully driving the situation she was in, and the choices she had on the table. The way she holds the wand make it clear she doesn't want to believe the medium, desperately with all her heart wishes that the technomancer was wrong, and sorely hoped that the menacingly silent support of everyone else would let up. Yet she does, and he isn't, and they don't.

The sobbing starts in earnest now prompting Abigail to finally intervene, approaching the girl like a mother comforting her Child. "Erics, why don't you take everyone back out into the hall for the moment, and take that scum with you alright? I'll handle things from here."

GM: Excellent roleplaying from the both of you. Arkite and Pathfinder please recover a hero point, and everyone in general take a PP for finishing up this act of the chapter.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 1

Felix passes his staff back to the robot arms, and pulls out a small business card with Fix I.T. Electronic Repairs Store emblazoned on the front.

"When you want to learn, or if you just need somebody to talk to who can understand," He sets the card down, pushes himself to his feet, and makes his way out, the drones following close behind.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

Over the course of the mages' conversation, Eric's face began to soften, his ears standing up more like a cat in a good mood. While the kid DID singe his fur, which hurt like Hell, his wounds have healed up now, and his anger has subsided. Much as he'd love to add some fatherly advice here, he can't think of anything to say that wasn't already being said.

When Abby asks him to take the others, including the scum, outside the office, he nods and starts grabbing the scum by the shirt collars and dragging them out, not too harshly but not too gently either. As he does so, he turns to the young mage. "Good luck, kid. You got a tough choice to make." With that, he resumes dragging the hoods out the door, taking special care not to be 'too gentle' with Theodore...
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

Chey ruffled through the thugs clothing but didn't find much of substance on them save one. She found a wallet, along with slips of paper with at least two dozen different phone numbers. Also a smartphone one of the latest models, locked of course. she frowned as she poked the device. She pocketed the cash in the wallet and got a good look at the guys drivers license, before dumping the rest.

She stood stretched her ample frame as Felix Jenny and Abby got the girl to breakdown and hopefully turn a new leaf. She shrugged and walked out without another word pausing only to pass the smartphone and paper with the numbers on it to Felix as she did.
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix takes the papers, taking a couple quick pictures of the documents with his Mirror Shades before passing them off to anybody who wants to take a look at it.

Picking up the phone he holds it up, trying to see if there is any obvious fingerprints that might indicate the password and then hits the power button to look at the lock screen, "Come on, please be dumb enough to use the fingerprint lock."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

At first felix thinks he's in luck when the phone brings up what initially looks to be a typical request for the user's fingerprint His keen technological sense let's him know otherwise, it looks like the phone's actually been jailbroken by a hacker of similar skill. Seems Theodore was the paranoid sort, using the bio-metric lock would likely have triggered a security program. It takes him a moment longer to work out how to actually unlock the device, which apparently involved a hidden pattern lock. The microscopic vision of his glasses manages to pick out the smudge from his most recent input, and from there it's only a matter of copying it himself.

The homescreen seems to be a completely out of context selfie with Theodore laying on the ground so-rounded by roosters, arms crossed over his chest and throwing up devil's horns. Text overlays it saying "Sky Burial". You have no idea what this is referencing at all.

The message application seems to have one new notification on it.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"This guy is crazy paranoid," Felix mutters to himself as he works.

He nearly fell for the trap that had been set, but he'd never considered that somebody might booby trap their phone in case they were caught or killed.

Activating the video recording he took a quick look at the phone. Eventually he'd check the contacts, the recent calls, e-mail if there was any. And, later, he'd have to decide if he was willing to risk googling what a sky burial was. Sometimes knowing things left scars that erasing your browsing history simply couldn't repair.

But for now, he popped open the messaging app to see what the most recent message was. With his luck it would be a note that the other half of the assault squad was on it's way up the stairs right now...
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

There's just a single message from a man listed as "LONGHORN"
"Useless."
There's a file attached, and it begins downloading the moment you open it, and Felix has the split-second instinct to cancel it.

Roll me an initiative challenge against a hidden DC to hit cancel.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Of course you are," Felix mutters as he works away, "Keep it up, you're giving me all sorts of fun ideas."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It was a battle of pure instinctive speed, and Felix manages to cancel whatever the man was sending before it could finish. There's nothing for a moment, as if the man on the other side was pausing for breath. Then he began typing.
"You on other hand are not. Fast hands."
"Let's just see about how fast they are."
Longhorn's message is cryptic enough that at first the mage doesn't catch on, before he notices messages starting to delete themselves at pace. If he was going to get anything useful out of these texts he was going to need to be think fast.
Felix has bought himself a little time, but there's only so much time to gather some intel. Only Longhorn's side of the conversation is being wiped. You can search through the texts and find three pieces of information with full context, what are you searching for?
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

With his glasses still recording everything he quickly made his way through the text messages.

His primary goals was information that wasn't transitory. Addresses didn't move around, and even if it didn't lead back to an exact location it gave an idea of where these guys worked, what they looked for, and their general area of operation. After that he was looking for names, people they worked with, worked against, or kept down. People weren't an easy thing to "erase", and they were a source of more information. The last, and least important thing he was watching out for was phone numbers. Phone numbers were bad because most of these guys would be using burn phones, and based on their security measures they either had a grade A hacker with a lot of free time, or they had their own technomancer.

"Well I have some bad news on the phone, it was super booby-trapped and this Longhorn guy is erasing everything as we speak... which would have worked better for him if he'd erased it three minutes ago before I could copy some of the data, but hey, nobody's perfect, right?" Felix says, sounding bored as he continues working away at the phone.

A part of him considered sending a magical attack back through the phone, but it just didn't seem like the right time to reveal that little trick.

"Oh, by the by, when the guy with the horns wakes up, let him know that Longhorn thinks he's useless and is currently taking a scorched earth approach to the information he has," Felix raises an eyebrow, "If he doesn't have a hit out on these guys, it'll probably be on the books in the next couple minutes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix manages to get some useful information before the most relevant data finds itself erased away. Perhaps with some dedicated time and literal techno-wizardry he can recover what was lost, but what he has now could prove useful in tracking the Mazerunners down. Theodore and his posse don't budge an inch even when people start binding them up, and at most get a couple groans of discomfort and pain.

Some minutes later Abigail quietly steps out of the office, taking great effort to close it as silently as she could. "She's passed out on the couch for the moment. Trust those guys havn't been giving you any trouble?"

Her shoulders slump as a weary breath escapes her lips. "We need to talk about what we do next. I'm sure most of you had probably already noticed, that was the very same girl we're supposed to track down. Not sure what happened to her hair, but that's not really my issue here. What's eating me right now, is that we're legally required to call the police on not just them, but her too. She's a witness at best, and an accomplice at worst. Sammy, what do we do here?"
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1
Some minutes later Abigail quietly steps out of the office, taking great effort to close it as silently as she could. "She's passed out on the couch for the moment. Trust those guys haven't been giving you any trouble?"
"Trouble? Pfff... Please. As a cop, I've seen jokers like this sent to the hospital. As for the girl, she looks like she's been run ragged. A nap can only help, at a time like this." For a weretiger, Eric could be a real softie at times...
Her shoulders slump as a weary breath escapes her lips. "We need to talk about what we do next. I'm sure most of you had probably already noticed, that was the very same girl we're supposed to track down. Not sure what happened to her hair, but that's not really my issue here. What's eating me right now, is that we're legally required to call the police on not just them, but her too. She's a witness at best, and an accomplice at worst. Sammy, what do we do here?"
"Well, she has dome some things that warrant police involvement." As he says this, he transforms into his normal form. "So, yeah, we have to make that call. We also have to tell her parents where she is, so that they can stop worrying." He sighs, contemplative. "As for dealing with this organization, the police are not equipped to deal with them. But, Cheyenne, Copper, Jenny, Felix and I have a better chance of putting the Mazerunners out of commission. I gotta go off the clock on this one, Abby. I think they might just need me." He doesn't bother saying, 'more than you', because that would be too damn obvious. Not an official resignation, simply acknowledging the possibility that they might need to part ways here.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She blinked as he reverted back to his human self, "Right. That completely slipped my mind. What are you, some kinda superhero who does vigilante work? Dammit Sammy, you know I can't back you up on this." A sigh, her hand goes up to the back of her neck. "If you're serious just... don't get killed out there, alright? I still need your help closing up tonight, and dealing with this whole mess with the girl.."
------------