[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The magic scores a solid blow to the minotaur's chest, the sparks surging up his horns like they were tesla coils. His muscles seize up briefly, yet it does little to deter him away from his attempted hold.

GM: You're skipping Copper and the golems there, but I'll let it pass .

Toughness: 15 2 Degrees of failure, another penalty to his toughness!

Erics: {-1, Dazed}
Jenny:
Cheynne: {-2}, DC 16 Resist Grab
Felix: {Moved preemptively}
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-5), Dazed [No HP left]

Copper:

Maze Golems(2): 2 undamaged
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1 - 0

With a yelp and a furious flap of his wings Copper doubles back with whats been working for him... a big ole glob of acid spit.

Alt: Acid Spit (Breath Weapon): Damage 8 [Ranged, Accurate 4] DC 23
Breath Weapon: 1d20+8 10
HP reroll - Breath Weapon: 1d20+8 11 = 21
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Once an immaculately detailed image of a roman soldier, it only takes one well aimed blast of Copper's acidic breath attack to melt a hole through it's steel body. Somehow, the last golem senses that it's the last of it's brothers and begins to twist and turn frantically, holding it's sword with both hands as it turns. Metal against metal scrapes together with a flurry of sparks and you can tell instantly that it's making one last desperate attack. At the very height of it's momentum it let's it's claymore fly free- straight for Copper's chest!

GM:
Toughness: 12 And boy, does it work. That's another melted Golem!

Golem's All-Out Attack Vs. Copper: 27 A hit against Copper! DC 22!

You guys have an almost perfectly clear shot against Longhorn, give him hell!

Erics: {-1, Dazed}
Jenny:
Cheynne: {-2}, DC 16 Resist Grab

(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-5), Dazed [No HP left]
Copper:
Maze Golem: [-2 Active Defenses, Weaponless]
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Warrior (-2 ouch)

Cheyenne was nearly caught fof guard when the big brusier tried first to gore her again then tried to grab her in what would have most assuredly been a bone crushing bearhug. She couldnt have that happen so she used an old street trick and butted her body up against him while grabbing his hands and turning her head away to keep Longhorn from goring her face off or breaking her nose.

the to gladiators engaged in a titanic battle of strength but she managed to finally pushback far enough to take the advantage.

Cheys strength check _: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18
yep shes beats DC 16 by 2 and resists the grab
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Good going! Feel free to take your turn now.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Warrior (-2 ouch)

Chey followed the attempted grab by sliding under the bug mans guard and firing off a sapid serires of body blows as she recreated the scene from Rocky by Breaking the ribs on the cow

Chey will AO maneuver for +2/-2 and power attack for -2/+2 _: 1D20+6 = [14]+6 = 20
not sure that hits but DC 27 if it does

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

After being in battle with him for perhaps a few minutes now, Cheyenne had started to grasp just how strong his defense is. Normally he'd have been able to easily bat aside her strikes, but that last attempt to try and crush her neck had left him momentarily winded- enough for her to get one more solid punch to the minotaur's sternum! He'd suffered and whethered attack after attack, and by now it was clear that he was definitely on his very last legs.

Yet somehow, she get's the impression he's actually enjoying this fight, as much of a beat down as it had started to become.

GM:
Toughness: 21 Another second degree of failure!

Erics: {-1}
Jenny:

Cheynne: {-2}
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-6), Dazed [No HP left]
Copper:
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 0 after this attack

Eric could see that the golems were well under control by Copper and Velari, but Longhorn was still standing, even with Cheyenne, Felix AND Jenny working him over. He decided that, with only one golem left, he himself could do what he felt was totally called for by attacking Longhorn directly. So, he took a strong leap at the Minotaur and unleashed his Slashing Claws of Death, aiming to hit him in the back.

Attack
Results 1d20+6: 7 [1d20=1]

Attack Spending HP for reroll
Results 1d20+6: 11 [1d20=5] + 10 = 21 (DC = 30/33 ( +2/+5 Bonus from Multiattack))

After the attack, Eric rolled away from Longhorn, squatting on all fours and letting out the mightiest tiger's yowl he could muster. In his mind, he was saying, "Come and get me, you stupid cow!"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The attack from Eric is suitably vicious, blood arcs from the Lonhorn's back to coat the ground behind him as he screams, and finally stumbles down onto one knee. His breathing is heavy, one of his molten red eyes is swelling over, his horns are cracked, and at some point he seems to have lost his nose-ring. In that one lone visible eye a fire still burned, still yearning to fight.

"You're damn-straight I'm going to come and get you, rabid bobcat." He spits out, struggling to get back onto his other hoof.

The spotlight falls upon Jenny. A whisper is there in her mind, urging her forward, telling her to stop holding back and act.

"You need to let me finish this, Jenny. I'm tired of watching and waiting. Do it already!"

GM:
Toughness: 19! I'm honestly impressed with how well he's still tanking these hits. Third degree failure! He's staggered!

If Jenny gives into Bob and allows him to take the final blow, you'll receive a hero point. Do you trust him to hold back?

Jenny:
Erics:
Felix:
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-7), Staggered [No HP left]
Copper:
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; condition: Normal

Jenny looked at Longhorn for a second longer, then around the group. She gave a soft chuckle, far deeper than her normal voice, andher eyes falsed with quite literal fire. She extended one hand towards the minotaur, and where a moment ago a slender lash of flame had been there was a growing ball of fire, incorporating colors no natural flame would display...

And then she squeezed her hand closed, and the fire dimmed. She shuddered visibly as is struck, as her passenger fought for control, a process nearly as painful as the fires she conjured.

But after that moment's struggle she stood back up to her full (though hardly impressive) height. "Not today Bob. Back in you cage- I've got this. WE have got this..."

Once again, she lashed out with that maddening, distracting fiery lash, letting one of her teammates strike...

>OOC: Resisting the urge to give in (THIS time). Once again, Aid Attack- I'm not sure who on our side is up next, but she will Aid whoever can take the shot (Is It Felix, maybe?). Aid (Attack) 1d20+9= 19, with Teamwork should enough for a +5; roll https://orokos.com/roll/840290
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

With one last savage pummeling blows, Velari destroys the last golem.

Longhorn finally get's back onto his feet proper, and starts by holding his arms wide. "Look at me, surrounded by enemies on all sides. Hahaha, just like my ancestors in the Colosseum. Seems all of my kind are destined to end up like this eventually." A snort, clenched fists. "You've been a real pain in my ass all week. Amazing how fast an empire can fall, isn't it?"

He twists his head to the side, cracking it once. He follows it up with the other, then rolls his shoulders a few times, ignoring the blood pooling down his matted fur. "I could've left at any time, but I had one last score to settle. You've been a good distraction, woman. Once I break out of prison, let's do this again sometime. One on one. For now..."

His eye flairs with supernatural rage, "I'm finally going to shut that mage's stupid mouth!"

He charges, bulling straight through the blockade of Cheyenne, Eric, and even Velari, straight on into Felix where he finishes it up with a brutal strike of his horns!

GM:

Bull Rush! DC 17 dodge (DC 22 OR 17 toughness if successfully dodged): Against Cheyenne, Eric, Velari, and Felix
Extra effort; All-Out Power Attack Gore!: 28 A critical hit! DC 37

Jenny:
Erics:
Felix:
(GM)Velari:
Longhorn: (-7), Staggered, Fatigued [No HP left] (-5 Active Defenses)

Copper: {Open shot against Longhorn, +5 to hit!
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

OOC: Eric was trying to draw Longhorn away from Cheyenne and would therefore not be in line with anyone else. If he were to attack Eric, he would get... Eric, and that's it. He would then have to turn around in order to even SEE the others. Did Longhorn's attack take that into account?

Also, is there ANY FREAKIN' WAY for Eric to dodge these insane attacks???
Last edited by ichigorno on Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: If Eric had actually jumped out of the way, then Longhorn wouldn't even give you a second glance. He had his target of ire from the start.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

There's no time to blink, less respond as the Minotaur charges across the room. Felix twists at the last minute, frantically attempting to dode the bull rush and watched as his shields ate the worst of it. But the feed back from the hit rippled through his jacket, stunning him for a bare moment leaving him wide open.

And in the next moment a horn shatters through his shields, tears through his jacket, into his chest and explodes out his back. With a flick of the Minotaur's head Felix's unmoving body is hurled through the air, smashing into the wall with sickening crack, and falls to a bloody heap to land next to the makeshift gurney.

Felix lies still, his jacket spits intermittent sparks. Small streamers of smokes escape from the hidden depths of the coat as the smell of blood and burnt electronics fill the room. Hack and Slash continue to hover for a moment before quietly powering down without warning, dropping the platform they were carrying to the ground.

A pair of cracked mirror shades bounce and clatter to the ground, skittering to a stop at Jenny's feet.

OOC: Dodge check vs DC 17, Toughness vs DC 22/17: 1D20+7 = [11]+7 = 18
1D20+7 = [4]+7 = 11

That's a -1 to toughness and a Dazed condition.

Toughness DC vs...37???: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9
Aaand that's at least six degrees of failure...
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Warrior (-2 ouch, exhasuted)

Shed been too slow, Shed been too slow and her friend was hurt maybe worse. She saw red and something in her roared like a lioness as she let fly with a series of Brutal all out punches and kicks that had one intent. take the bastard out.

so Chey heals her -2 bruised leaving her -1 still

her dodge check _: 1D20+6 = [19]+6 = 25
success

her toughness against the original charge _: 1D20+9 = [4]+9 = 13
thats a fail by 4 which is first degree and a -2 to toughness again

Chey will AO -2/+2 and power attack for the max -5/+5 _: 1D20+3 = [20]+3 = 23
yep thatll do it. DC 35

guess sill go with the big finish

Catsi stories