[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I was going to leave the last shot open for Copper, but I can manage Chey taking it herself just as well.

Seeing as it's impossible for him to succeed with his hampered toughness... Longhorn is automatically out!

(Though just to see how badly he fails... 14, a fifth degree failure!)

Longhorn saw the crumpled body of Felix, and started to laugh through the pain. He didn't react one bit even as Cheyenne rushed over and started to wail on him with her fists, for in his mine he'd already won. The mage had been pushing his luck this last few encounters, and now he was reaping what he'd sown.

So go ahead, his posture seemed to convey as he splayed his arms out wide while on his knees. Hit me all you wish, kill me if you so dared. I've avenged my pride, and nothing you do to me now could take that away from me.

It was enough to piss Cheynne right the hell off.

One final sweep of her legs with all the force behind it she could muster slammed into the side of his skull, his left horn snapping in half as his body flew to the side. It was there he laid flat on his back, out cold.

As the gurney collapsed next to Felix, so to did it's occupant stumble out. His eyes were filled with panic for at seeing his boss's power so completely on display, and not just to anyone, but to the very man who'd help save him form his doomed fate. "H-hey, man, get up man... Get back up!"

No response from Felix other then the sparking of his jacket.

The Mazerunner bit down on his lip, looking over at the unconsciousness body of Longhorn before turning it to his own swollen and misshapen arms. With only the most extreme amount of effort, he found that his fingers curling inward as he tried to ball them up into fists. White sparks zipped between his fingers as sweat trailed down his strained face. He let his hands fall back open and looked over to the team of supernaturals.

"Bring me closer to him, I can save him! It was my fault that Longhorn was able to do that, and... I have to make things right! I promised to pay him back."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco
H.P.: 0

Eric had watched in horror as Longhorn had torn through the others and nearly nailed Felix to the floor with his horns. As he looked on, though, he watched as Cheyenne nearly tore Longhorn's head off, leaving him a bloody mess on the floor. Then, he heard the Mazerunner say he could help Felix, and without another thought, he dashed to him, picked him up gently, and carried him over to Felix. With all the hope and love in his heart, Eric simply said, "Hurry." While Eric may never say so aloud, Felix and the others had become like his children, ones he would kill to protect. He'd had every intention of tearing Longhorn's spinal column from his body, only Cheyenne had beaten him to it.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Thr man leaned forward in Eric's arms to place misshapen hands against Felix's chest. If the man had been breathing, it was so slow and shallow that not even Eric could tell at a glance. Blood had certaibly been steadily pooling below him, and there was little doubt that if not dead yet he would be very soon.

Those white sparks around the gangster's hands flared outward into a fully luminesnt bloom of light which stretched down and into Felix's chest. That gaping wound shed light as his entire body was jerked up in response to the magical spell. Soon the light stsrted to get smaller, fading away bit by bit untill it was just a pinprick, finally vanishing entirely. It left behind baby-smooth skin with no visible sign of the horn that'd been thrust threw it.

"Th-there, I think I-" The Maze runner suddenly seized in Eric's arms, his pupils contracted and teeth sealed toguther in a clack. As he shook the sparks from before again now raced over his body entirely, and where they traveled his skin started to bulge and balloon as cancers grew uncontrollably.

The magical backlash lasted only a momment longer, but by then his form had grown slack. No final words marked this man's death, only one final act to try saving the man who gave him a second chance.

Felix's chest rose. One of his arms was still twisted at an unnatural angle and would certainly reauire processional help, but no longer was his life in danger.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Ok, Felix is breathing again, but he needs medical attention. Let's get him out of here. Where's that damned exit?" With that, Eric gently picks Felix up, cradling him as one would a small child, which, given Eric's size, is quite apt. "Let's go, people!" Eric and Copper had been tracking the exit, so, it should be nearby...
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The last archway stands before you, standing almost as tall as ten feet and just as wide. The supernatural Greek iconography remains unchanged in the face of Longhorns defeat.

All it would take is just a few short steps to be graced with a long decript parking lot, vegetation bursting through the cracks while old car parts lay strewn about.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Hey, Cheyenne, how about you grab Mr. Wonderful back there," Eric nods his head back towards Longhorn's unconscious body, "and bring him with us? I don't like the idea of him staying in a source of his power. It could be dangerous all around if we leave him here. Oh, and, wait for everyone else to get out before dragging him through, just to be on the safe side." Eric doesn't want to risk leaving Longhorn in this place...

[Edited for content]
Last edited by ichigorno on Mon Aug 24, 2020 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Cheyenne did not kill Longhorn, he's unconscious.
------------
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 0

Felix wheezed and coughed as his eyes fluttered open, hacking out a spatter of blood. Choking, he inhaled deeply... taking in a lot of the smoke coming off his jacket and coughing violently.
The violent coughing moved his mangled left arm, causing agony to burn through him. Twitching he moved trying to get away from the pain, accidentally touching an exposed wire from the hole in his jacket, zapping him, and causing him to inhale another mouthful of smoke, starting the whole process again.

"God *cough cough* damn *hack* mother- *wheeze*," His right hand comes across and hits the power symbol on the left side of his chest, "Pow- *cough* Power off!"

The jacket spits another couple of sparks before it goes dim, and the smoke starts to fade. With a series of curses and swears he forces himself up against the wall and pushes himself to his feet.

Dazed and confused he looks around trying to see where he dropped his staff, "I'm up... I'm up... what happened?"
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

"Short answer: Longhorn gored you, you go down, not moving. Cheyenne nearly tore his head off, left him in a pile, still breathing. Mazerunner came up, said he could help you, said he owed you. He did something, pyrotechnics ensued. Mazerunner went down, over there, we think he's dead, but now, you're up again. Now, we should get out through the exit here, but, you being one of two experts we have, what do we do about Longhorn? Unless you or Jenny have compelling reasons for leaving him here, I vote we get him out."
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny had spent some measure of time sitting with her back to a wall, hunched over- in one hand was a massive ornate ring, in the other were Felix's cracked mirrorshades. She was making some kind of soft noise- possibly sobbing, possibly mumbling something in who-knows-what language. She couldn't have told you how long she was out of it...

But the sudden bustle of Eric carrying Felix out seemed to crack through her shell. She got slowly to her feet and followed the tiger-man out into the urban wasteland. Once they were fully outside she shuffled closer to Felix (whether or not Eric had put him down. She extended the mirroshades and put on a dazed smile. "We thought you were dead! And, and, there wasn't going to be time to... I mean, we were SO worried! I thought I was going to have to learn to drive the truck..." Despite her attempt at a joke, her tone conveyed real concern, and she hadn't fully wiped away what looked like real tears...
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Right, out. Need out. Soon. Place close, we get stuck. Maybe forever," Felix says between gritted teeth, trying not to move and jostle his arm, "Uh... right. No, can't leave murder cow. He'll get out if we leave him. "

"I need my staff. And glasses," He looks around with glassy eyes, blinks at seeing the glasses offered to him and notices something on the ground, "And the horn."

He slides his glasses on, ignoring the crack, and staggers over to the dead mazerunner thug, considers bending down and decides he'd fall on his face. He nudges the guy in the leg with his foot, "Wake up. Dammit."

When nothing happens he looks around then glares at the platform sitting a little ways away.

"Hack! Slash!" he yells, and the red drone and blue drown power back on, "Get over here."

As the platform comes over he tries to reach down and grab the thug to pull him onto the platform with little success, as leaning over even a little big causes sharp pains, resulting in him standing back upright again.

"Right... truck.. uh.. think keys are in left pocket," He says, obviously still dazed, "I think somebody's going to have to cut me out of this jacket... after we get out."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Bob had been whispering instently in Jenny's ear since she denied his call to action, and his words have only gotten cruelest and cut more deeply after Felix got struck.

"You should have let me take the shot."

Thise worss vanisbed however when Jenny felt a hand on her shoulder, one lacking in physical warmth yet filled with concern. "We're often forced to make hard choices in life kiddo. I chose to take this job even though I knew what could happen- what did happen. Was it the right one? I don't know. I'll have to live with it though... Well, metaphorically that is ."

DiNozzo patted Jenny's shoulders a few times, offering her a wane smile. "Your friend is fine for now, but take this lesson to heart. Sometimes you need to act." He jerked his head towards the exit. "Come on, I still have a little girl to save from a maze. We can take lumpy with us too."

Behind the pair, looking a little lost, stood the Mazerunner from before. One side as swollen and misshapen, while the other looked as it did before he took the Source.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric retrieved the items Felix asked for and handed them over. "Look, Felix, he's gone. He gave his life to save yours, debt repaid in full. Unless you're looking to bury him, there's nothing else you can do for him." Eric dashed over and took up a solid grip on Longhorn's wrists, dragging him to the gateway. "OK, y'all heard the man, we gotta go." Eric is none too keen on getting stuck in this labyrinth, leaving cow brain free to cause more havoc on the world outside...
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix fumbled the horn into his pocket, and held his staff with his good arm. He wished his robot arms were working, but that would involve turning his coat back on.

"I told him," Felix grimaced through the pain, "That I wouldn't leave him here."

He looked at the walls of the maze with a look of disgust. He didn't know if spirits were bound to bodies or not, but he couldn't risk trapping a guy's soul in this maze for eternity. He wouldn't wish that on anybody.

"So I'm not."

With a grunt he slides the staff under one of the man's armpits and uses the staff as a lever to slowly move him up a few inches, then switches to the other side to repeat the process.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's hard, difficult work with only one good arm. Felix's drones beep as if in worry for their master, as if urging him to let them help. If only his jacket wasn't in the state it was in he might've been able to use hia mechanical limbs for assistance.

Eventually, with or without help, the man is pulled onto the lift once more.
------------