[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
pathfinderq1

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny stood on the side of the street and watched the Felix-Mobile trundle away. There was the tiniest pang of concern, since she knew that someone out there was up to no good, very specifically on her behalf. But it did not last long- she KNEW they were out there, and so did the spirits, the not-people and post-people who called the city home. She was their voice and their agent- and in turn, they looked out for her.

With a brief sigh and a heavy breath, she stumbled down the sidewalk for a bit- just another teenage junkie in the eyes of the muggles. One hand dipped into the pockets of her coat, fishing out some of the cash she had been accumulating lately. And sure enough, just a little ways down the street, there was the glowing golden arches of the world's most famous Scottish restaurant. Within moments, she had procured vital sustenance.

She continued to wander the streets for a while, touching base with some of her mortal contacts. Not many of them tended to venture as far out of town as Teran United's compound, but some of them were prone to wandering and knew the outer reaches of the city well enough. Time passed, words were exchanged, perhaps a few stray bills or scraps of food.

The information wasn't much, but perhaps the others would have more luck. Once she felt she had mined the rumor mill for all it was worth, it was time for more direct action. A few more bills, and a cabby that knew her bought a brief voyage out to the compound, a spin through the streets in a vehicle far more anonymous than the Felix-Mobile. She scanned the area- the streets, the fences, what buildings could be seen, looking for anything of interest. Perhaps just some detail, meaningless to most, but of interest in their planning; perhaps a lingering spirit, either a soul still lost and wandering or some spirit-of -place still tied to a world that had changed- or perhaps something spun off from or attracted to, whatever arcane mischief they were cooking up in this place...

>OOC:
-Gather information (uses Expertise- Streetwise) 1d20+15= 20
-Perception(General) 1d20+9= 22
-Rolls: https://orokos.com/roll/883151
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

雨上がり by Enter (Pixiv)

The scent of rain permeates the air by the time everyone finally meets up, the sun having long sunk below the skyline. Where it is you've gathered matters much less then the reason for the why. It's tonight that you're going to make an attempt at breaking into Terran United's 'West-Magnus Robotics' facility. Several members of the team have taken it upon themselves to prepare extra measures before they were finally ready to leave the city limits proper.

Eric Sams for instance felt it would be a good ide a to try getting a copy of the facility's layout if they were stored over in city hall. His trip there was of little note, though the air in Mirum Urbem's business loop was utterly stifling to someone with such a sensitive nose. Far too many people stunk of sweat and smoke, and at this time of night, alcohol. Stress suffused the air, yet there was something sweet hidden underneath it all as the work day was nearing it's end.

At the district's heart was the city's capital building a solid structure of gleaming marble pillars that wouldn't be out of place in an ancient Greek parliament. The man has little trouble navigating his way to the Inspection Office, where a middle-aged woman sat attentively, even with how little traffic it must've received. His request for the blueprints is met with some light skepticism, though he'd eventually manage to talk her into granting him access through some less-then-honest means.

Later that night, he's able to provide Felix enough photos for the mage to re-construct it himself, granting them a hint of what the facility had in store.

For his part, the mage is entirely unable to remotely access the security feeds through mundane means. It doesn't take a super genius to realize they must exist on a closed network. If he wanted to get camera feed he'd need to find an access port within the buildings themselves. It's not a completely loss however, as he's uncovered some internal communications between a few security officers. One of them, an "Alexander Denton", has apparently been hearing strange noises while working the night shift on his route. When asked by the other to elaborate, he describes phantom voices and rhythmic words in a language he couldn't understand. After some back and forth, he eventually relents that he must've just been hearing one of the lab-techs playing music while working overtime.

Through the use of context clues, Felix is able to pinpoint where Denton's patrol route once he has access to the facility's layout. It appears to be an area listed in the notes as "Research Wing 7", and given the date and time the guard would likely be in that area tonight. However helpful that knowledge is to them remains to be seen, but it's something.

During her brief stint as just another face in the crowd meandering through the busy streets of downtown Urbem, Jenny get's in touch with several people who have a tale or two to tell regarding the "Lakeside Lights" as one particularly grizzly man dubbed it. He liked to spend most of his spring and summer nights out there where he can live off the land, and sometimes his wanderings brought him to the outermost reaches of the compound. "High ugly walls of stark concrete, with crisscrossed steel lines." he'd describe. "Don't try climbing it. Animals avoid the thing, and for good reason. They've electrified it all somehow. Like some dumb, advanced chain-link fence. Think it has cameras too, in places."

Beyond just the deterrent towards intruders, he talks in length how it's become harder to scavenge in the area. Patrols have been increasing along the outer perimeter these past few months, and they're never happy to see him getting too close. "Somethin's goin' on in there Jenny, mark my words. Best keep yourself away from that place, makes my damn stomach churn somethin' fierce."

Indeed, whenever the cabby brought her further out of town in the facility's direction, something about the environment felt distinctly off to her senses. As if the very air seemed to have this feint electrical undercurrent, making her skin tingle the longer she focused on it. Once, out of the corner of her eyes she caught a bespectacled man staring out into the distance towards the forest. When she turned, all she saw was a feint trace of smoke where she was sure he stood.

So now, the party of five have gathered once more. Cheyenne and Mikjal were at the point of meeting earlier the the others, having grown restless in the hours leading up up to now. If there was to be any last minute plans, to them all this felt to be the most opportune time.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix waved a hand and brought up the blueprints on a display inside the Herkimer Battle Jitney.

"So it turns out that these guys aren't complete idiots when it comes to security. They have their security system isn't connected to the internet, so I can't get access to it," Felix rolls his eyes, "I mean, I'm sure there's some idiot manager who's ruined the system by demanding access to it on his computer, but unless I have a week to go needle hunting it's not going to help."

"I did get access to some e-mails. Most of it boring. Some of it spicy. Katie the intern is totally hooking up with 'hot' Hank, who's probably using her as a rebound while he's divorcing his wife for-"
He coughs, "Uh, anyways not much of it was useful. Though either one of their techs is blasting some really weird music in the middle of the night or there's some strange mojo going down Gregorian chant wise in this area."

He taps the map over by Research Wing 7.
And tried to ignore the fact that he, in fact, had done both of those same things the other night while working in his shop.

"Unfortunately this is probably where their making their shady magic nonsense, but maybe not where they're hiding Michael's friend. I mean, maybe, if the security guards couldn't go in to check it might be a good place to hide an illegally kidnapped person."

"Look, I'm not sure, I've never kidnapped a person before. But if I was, I'd probably be looking for a room that's away from the public, away from most of the people, and locked off from everybody who might wander into that area."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey looked the plans over and gave the place itself a once over, Then she spent a few moments in thought going through plans of attack trying and failing numerous time in her head as she worked out the safest means of infiltration that would get them what they needed without getting shot or arrested in the process

ok when in doubt roll dice

Cheyenne will use her expertise military if allowed to see about making a plan of attack and or infiltration

_: 1D20+5 = [13]+5 = 18 hmm not bad should be enough for a former delta force gal

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"Great," Eric said, "not only do we have to get into the building, we have to get into this Research Wing 7, as well. Ah, well, nothing worth doing is ever easy, in my experience. OK, now to look for a weakness in their surveillance system, something we can exploit." With that, Eric began looking over the markup Felix created, searching for just such a weakness, using his knowledge of security systems and procedures.

Description Expertise: Surveillance
Results 1d20+8: 28 [1d20=20]
Roll
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While Eric has nothing to prove his instincts without seeing the facility in person, he's more then capable of pointing out the 'most likely' spots that would be heavily surveiled. Felix is easily able to mark those areas with his digital recreation, leaving Cheyenne a much narrower window to plot out a point of attack.

According to the facility schematics as you know them, if one wished to enter the facility unaware there are two primary options available. While the fencing cordones off most the facility, there is a spot near a heavier density of foliage that would allow for easier entry. From there it would be a straight shot for the main facility, with the rear loading doors being ones's best entry point.

However, there's also the option of avoiding the fence entirely and try coming at it lakeside. The drydock, while repurposed to test robotics projects, could still technically be accessed from the water.

There could be other, more covert means of entry, but with what information you've available these were your best bets.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"I'm voting for coming in from the water. I'm not really great at climbing at the best of times," Felix considered the map again, "I mean, I could fly in but the noise would ruin a stealth attempt. Unless you want me to do an airdrop from twenty thousand feet."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

"My ID can probably get us in, but beyond that we will want to remain get off the grid as quickly as possible." He absently shows his badge to Jenny, which he cycles through a quick number of agencies as well as private company employee passes. "It might asl be best if we could mystically cloak our numbers. Any indication that they are magically aware?"

OOC - sorry if I'm rehashing anything you guys have already done/ planned for... Michael would also have taken the time to scout the perimeter for "secret doors." (Detect Secret/ Concealed Doors: Senses 2 [Ranged]) His "sense of direction" will also be highly useful, I think... (Pathfinder: Senses 9 [(Detect Path, Accurate, Acute, Direction Sense, Distance Sense, Ranged, Tracking 2) ])
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: If you've planned to have visited the facility beforehand, I'd like to you roll stealth as you try to avoid the patrols. They wouldn't be able to find any presence of you after due to being Trackless, but there's a chance they could still spot you.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

For the most part Jenny had been content to sit and listen as the others relayed what they had learned, or laid out their ideas for an approach- from time to time she added a little bit of what she had learned, from the security measures apparently hidden in the fence to the general air of the place, the sense that SOMETHING was going on out there, something very wrong...

But overall, she still had that vaguely unfocused air, the sense that she was focused on matters beyond those of the physical world. "I don't know about trying the lake- I probably can't swim any better than you can climb," she nodded at Felix. "I mean, I can probably change us all into fish- but I might not be able to change us back..." Then she turned to Michael. "And the ID might get us in, but they'll KNOW we are there, and they can run us around. I might be able to cloak us, if we stay fairly close together- or I could deal with getting through the wall. I wouldn't want to try to do both things one after another though. We probably have to figure there will be some kind of magical energy to worry about, either as a warning, or a barrier. The way they are working, it might not even be something they set up deliberately- we still don't really know how good they are at actually sensing magical energy. It seems like they can build stuff, but mostly from plans or recipes- I don't know if they can FEEL it the way some of us can..."
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Stealth: 1d20+9 24
He also has Hide in Plain Sight...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mikjal thinks back to his early stint near the facility. He'd come in from the highway via car, before drolling off near a gas-station and making the rest of his journey on foot. While the road leading up to the main gates were heavily manicured to give off a stylish air, overall the location was surrounded by an expanse of woodland.

It's strange just how at home the elf would feel amongst those trees even when he was much adept at urban jungles. So long as he kept his steps light and head low, the very plantlife around him seem dedicated to hiding his presence. The people Terran United hired, while competent, just weren't trained to deal with a fey in it's natural habitat.

A good hour could be spent circling back and around the perimeter, noting every nook and cranny that was open to him. At a glance, the wall would seem almost impenetrable, not a single real break to be seen.

That's when Mikjal would come accross something unusual and somewhat out of the way. Air-vents hidden under foliage in the middle of the woods, near a small trapdoor with no visble way of opening. Given the nature of it's location and apparent dissuade, it seemed more like an emergency exit then a supposed secret entrance.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

"There is a series of air vents in the woods, I bet with a little work he could sneak our way in that way instead of a more ballsy thrugh the front door approach..."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Probably worth checking out those air vents. No climbing, no swimming," Felix notes.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"In my experience, emergency exits have fewer eyes watching them than entrances," Eric added with a feral grin. "Yes, I think we should check out those air vents."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no