[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael nodded, and quickly sketched out the way - between his direction sense and pathfinding abilities, finding his way back would be no problem...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 3

Felix fires up the Herkimer Battle Jitney and buckles his seatbelt, "Well, sounds like the vents got it."

"Last chance to grab your gear, or hit the bathroom, because we're not stopping until we're done,"
He says.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"-Look, all I'm saying that he's been a pretty controversial figure during his administration. Ears or not, his response to the so called 'Inheritance Day' was, frankly, lackluster. Him coming down for the convention just weeks of feel-good propaganda-" The radio of the HBJ chirps, turning on of it's own accord before Felix has the option of shutting it back off, or more then likely trying to find some decent heist-oriented music for the journey. It's an uppity thing, this beast of a vehicle, and magical enchantment seems to have had a curious effect on it's on-board systems. The young technmage still wouldn't have been able to completely put his finger on what was going on with it, but it was probably just a glitch.

Probably.

With Mikjal's guidance, the schematics Eric pilfered, and cheyenne's further tactical analysis the group has little in the way for them to find a decent spot to go off-road and towards the great lake's local woodland area. The idea of plowing through trees, while certainly feasible, would probably best avoided if they wanted to keep their presence to an absolute minimum.
Dice Roll
Felix's driving 23
Though with your slightly crazed navigator at the helm, the mere thought of having to hide the sheer amount of horsepower his HBJ was capable of was the absolute furthest from his mind as he'd find himself utterly content with just slamming down on the gas and and start off through the sparse outskirt woodland, likely shaking everyone and everything not completely nailed down within the cabin. It's a mesmerizingly terrifying and nauseating experience as the metallic hulk is spun through the gaps of trees with what would be best descried as a "roaring pace."

He doesn't crash into any trees, rocks, or even local fauna. Shockingly, he doesn't actually come anywhere close. By some utter miracle he plots the single most direct and winding path from the grassy outskirts deep through the woods, only halting when the beastly machine threatens to slam into a short series of man-made outcroppings.

When people finally find it within themselves to leave the mobile tomb, you're met with a solid steel bunker door that dips slightly below the earth, dust and foliage partially hiding it from view especially under the cover of darkness. A short pace away are cylindrical pillar that must've been the air vents Mikjal mentioned before.

"The Hatch", from Lost

There's no obvious means of opening it from the outside after just a cursory look at the thing, and upon further examination with the facility's schematics you fail to find any indication of it's presence at all.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"Well, you got us here, Felix, and in one piece. Good job." Eric eyed the Herkimer, then turned towards the door. "Now, do you think you can figure out a way to get this door open? Or," Eric shifted into weretiger form, then, "do you think Cheyenne and I should try to pry it open?"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2= 3 HP - 1 Reroll

Felix didn't cackle while he drove through the forest. And he certainly didn't let out a whoop of delight as he threaded the needle between two trees.
And he certainly didn't erase any video recordings which would have proved otherwise.

With a big grin he patted the steering wheel before making his way out of the Battle Jitney.

He looked down at the door, frowning as he examined it, "Uh, give me a minute. If these guys have as much money and technology as I think they'll probably have a sensor to let them know that the door is open."

He gives the door a curious look, "Somewhere around here..."
OOC:
Notice on the door, and a technology check to try to break in: 1d20+5 6 1d20+7 11
Wow.
Burning an HP to reroll the technology check.
HP Reroll on Technology check: 1d20+7 14
*facepalm*
Okay, good news is that I get to add ten to that result since I rolled below ten, so total is 24.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Of the door itself, though Felix tries his best to comb over it and even brush away the dirt covering it, finds no means of entering any form of access code. Honestly, he's not sure it's even capable of being access from the outside. It might be why this area was left unmonitored and, at least for the moment, without guard.

Such restrictions don't apply to someone who has a more... Unique approach when it came to the mechanical.
Felix: Comprehend 2 (Machines)
"You... want me to open? I'm not supposed to open to anyone outside. That doesn't keep my humans safe. They are safe, right? They must be. I've never seen them before, so that must mean nothing has happened to them yet. ...Can I even open? I've never tried. It... It wouldn't hurt, right? To just try it once? Just to make sure that I can safely open when there's actual danger..."
The people watching him aren't exactly sure on what he's even doing by rapping his fingers both mechanical and fleshy at seemingly random spots. All they see in the end are the results, a soft hiss of hydraulics accompanied by a groan of ungreased metal as the thick plating rises upward at an angle. The pipes holding it aloft have a distinct ring marking where it'd been left in the mechanism, unused perhaps for years.

Revealed to you now is a dark industrial shaft, old fluorescent tubes left unlit. It doesn't seem to be a tight fit for anyone to enter, but definitely not spacious for more then two people to walk side-by-side.

Just inside, you see an keypad that presumably linked with the hatch's mechanism.
------------
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny had been almost entirely silent throughout the drive- perhaps meditating, perhaps simply dozing off a bit.

Until, that was, Felix decided to indulge in some off-roading... At the first real bump, she gave a surprised squeak and her eyes flew open. She spent the rest of the journey wedged tightly into one corner, trying to avoid having anything (or anyone) fall on her...

Once they were outside, she spun in a slow circle, taking stock of their surroundings. The woods weren't threatening, not really, but they were VERY unfamiliar territory. At the sound of the hatch sliding open, she crept forward with the others, gazing down into the tunnel. She glanced briefly over at Eric's tiger-form, then back down at the tunnel.

"How do we want to play this? Sneaky person in front? I might be able to cloak us, at least from people. I'm not sure how well I can hide us from cameras and stuff though..."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2

Felix gives the hatch a pat, like one might give to a dog, "Good job, buddy."

He considers the state of the mechanism with a frown, pausing to clear the aging greased and apply some newer grease from a dispenser pulled from his jacket.

When Jenny speaks up he looks over, as if he'd forgotten what he was supposed to have been doing.

"Well, I can use my nightvision goggles so I can move in the dark, but I'm about as sneaky as a marching band," Felix says then pauses before adding, "Besides, I think I'm the only one who brought a flashlight."

He taps his staff on the ground and the crystal embedded at the top starts to glow softly.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"OK, marching order, as I see it, is Michael, myself, Cheyenne, with Jenny and Felix coming up the rear. Also, we should go dark, as much as possible. Thoughts?"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

"I'll go first I was always the door kicker anyways I'm used to it." Chey said as she stretched herself out. "Follow behind me where you can see ok." she said pointing to Eric "Agent bring up the rear we need someone to keep these two safe." she said indicating Felix and Jemny

then she made ready to enter the facility gone from her face was any hint of the casual friendlyness she usualy had and an only business almost predatory look had replaced it

Shell go first get the others behind her to protect
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

HP: 2

Felix rolled his eyes behind his mirror shades. It was obvious that they where trying to protect him from a direct fight, like a pair of worried older siblings.

Of course as the only member of the group who'd been not only injured but permanently maimed, he didn't really have any legs to stand on if he wanted to argue.

Which he honestly didn't want to. In a "toughest person in the room" contest Eric and Cheyenne were ringers for first place, and Felix wasn't even on the list. Not to mention their careers meant they were much better trained for taking the lead in this situation.

"Sounds good to me," He said, dimming the light on his staff a bit, but still leaving it glowing so the others could see.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Michael simply nods - if you can call the movement of his head a nod - and takes up position near Felix.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP; 1; Condition: Normal
-Active: Defensive Magics (Enhanced Defenses 18: Dodge +4, Parry +4; Resistable: WILL DC 18)

Jenny took one more look down into the tunnel. Then she took a step back and started speaking in a language that was not English. To those who were sensitive to such energies (Felix, Cheyenne, and maybe Mikjail), there was the skin-crawling tingle of magic at work. After a few seconds, the air around her seemed to warp subtly- she was not harder to see, not exactly; it was more that she was harder to focus on...

It was only then that she stepped forward to take her place in the procession.

>OOC: Before entering the tunnel, she will take a Move action to activate her Defensive Magics.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Once the last person enters the tunnel, the door seems to shut itself of it's own accord. Much more smoothly in it's workings after the bit of greasework Felix applied. It seals up with a satysfied hiss of hydraulics, with only a yellow warning light to denote it's presence within the darkened tunnel.

With only the pale radiating light of an LED to guide them, everyone without means to see perfectly occasionally stumble Over their own two feet. The industrial corridor seems old, but not il-maintaned either. Nearly left largely empowered, the lights perhaps only coming on durring an emergency situation.

After several minutes of travel, a smooth metallic door makes to block your path. There's a non-mechanical inset handle that seems to pull toward the right, more apropriate of a closset then a laboratory. There grooved hinges at the top and bottom, indicating it must slide out and to the side.
------------
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

As they walk, Michael is on the lookout for signs of less obvious doors, dare I see hidden doors...