[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
ichigorno

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

In hushed tones, Eric saysm "Ok, I think the guards patrol in such a pattern," describing the pattern as completely as he can. "Smells like the last guard came by about 5 minutes ago. I think we have between 5 and 15 minutes of alone time up here. Let's call it 5. So, 5 minutes to get what we can and get the Hell out. Copper, if you can tell Cheyenne things with your mind, tell her we need them to make an obnoxious entrance in 5 minutes. If not, well, we'll just do the best we can. Ok, let's go. 5 minutes, get whatever you can."
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Bladewind »

Copper
Cond: Normal
HP: 1

"I don't mind speak." Copper replied, "Yet.

"But Cheyenne is quick, she will follow our lead easily."

Stealth: 1d20+8 19 - rolled it as I was catching up on reading....
Last edited by Bladewind on Wed May 20, 2020 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Veronica rolls her imitation eyes. "I'll handle it. Five minutes, right?"

You see the woman hold out one of her hands, and a small orb starts to grow from her palm. Once it's grapefruit size she turns her hand over and the glob plops down with a wet flop. Two eyes split open upon it, and you can't help but feel it looks somewhat familiar to something you've seen in the past. Before you have much more time to ponder it slips up the wall and back out the window.

Outside:

As you're discussing food you all hear a thunk as blue slime slaps down onto the window shield of the Mongrel. Eyes look back at your expressions, blinking disjointedly, before it slips off to the side and worms its way in through the passenger-side window, possibly to Jenny's distress. Then, miraculously, it begins to speak using veronica's voice. The tone of voice is completely flat and monotone however, not dissimilar to a voice you'd hear on a call's waiting line. "Go in loud, five minutes."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Eric nods as Veronica does her thing. He thinks he could get used to having magic to work with him. Aloud, he says, "Ok, clock's ticking. Let's go." With that, he enters the window, as quietly as he can, hoping the others will follow his lead as quickly and quietly as they can. He makes use of his silent stalking ability, making no sound as he walks.

Stealth
1d20+9: 29 [1d20=20]
Roll Results
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Sun May 17, 2020 4:40 am Outside:

As you're discussing food you all hear a thunk as blue slime slaps down onto the window shield of the Mongrel. Eyes look back at your expressions, blinking disjointedly, before it slips off to the side and worms its way in through the passenger-side window, possibly to Jenny's distress. Then, miraculously, it begins to speak using veronica's voice. The tone of voice is completely flat and monotone however, not dissimilar to a voice you'd hear on a call's waiting line. "Go in loud, five minutes."

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition:Normal

Jenny turned her head and gazed blearily at the bluish glob squeezing through the window. She giggled softly at its message and turned slowly towards Cheyenne and Felix. "It's for you.." she muttered in a deadpan tone. Even as she spoke, though, she reached out her hands and laced her fingers, cracking her knuckles. "Work, work, work..." On the last repetition, a faint tracery of flames licked around her fingers for a moment.
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: Hunter

Chey merely nodded at the request to go loud her eyes were focused as she flexed her neck muscles to keep loose and cracked her knuckles
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

Felix watches in silent horror as the video game character oozes through the Mongrel's passenger side window. Cut as it was, it meant one very important thing.

Reaching up he tapped a button his his glasses and muttered, "Note to self: work on airtight seals."

He sighs, realizing that they have no plan, no numbers, and no real layout of the place they're about to bust the door in on. And now they were down a few people.

"Okay, so somebody needs to kick in a door, and somebody needs to take out the sentry before he notices us," Felix says, "I vote Cheyenne makes a door for us."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'm going to give you the the benefit of doubt that you intended to reroll that stealth (There were two stealth rolls in our history back to back). Unless you give me a different explanation for it, please remove your hero point in your following post.

Eric's ancient ancestry proves strong as the paw-pads of his feet make nary a sound while walking. Your amorphous companion watches the way he moves for several half seconds, before morphing her feet to mimic his own, becoming strange alien variations of his own digitigrade legs. Despite how well she's able to distribute her weight, Eric's ear twitches with each still a slight creak of the floor. He's no expert, but something tells him that she weighs far more then she looks. As for Copper, he is capable of following behind the two with no hindrance to their own stellar efforts [Even if you rolled a one on the team check, their total would still be phenomenal].

Your expeditionary party walks up to the room with it's busted down first, if only because you can see inside without having to turn the handle. Nothing catches your interest in here, the room housing only stray officer chairs, a room-length table, and rotting cardboard boxes. Not even an old projector or whiteboard to complete the dilapidated conference room's look, likely long scavenged from the room if they were even there to begin with.

The one next to it is significantly more interesting, in the fact it's actually locked from the other side. This proves to be no obstacle for Velari, who's already performed a similar trick just last week. After confirming no sounds on the opposite side she slips her arm under the door, stretching it up on the opposite side, and flicks the lock. After retraction she steps back for the man to enter first.

GM: Keep your Investigation roll handy.

T-Minus 4:30
------------
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Outside

Time seems to pass slowly for the people in the Mongrel now that they have a countdown in place. If there was anything they wanted to get prepared for the coming encounter with Longhorn and his Mazerunners, they'd feel that now was the time to get that done.

Inside

Seeing Eric's sudden hesitation causes Velari to sigh, "Seriously? We're pulling a 'ladies first' situation right here, right now? Fine, whatever."

The doorknob turns for her without trouble, and she pushes it aside to reveal the sight of a man hunched over a table, immobile, with hands tied behind his back. Several spent cartridges of Source litter the ground nearby, and at first glance you can see dark bulging veins going down his neck. Velari's eyes narrow at the sight, and both with her could tell she fears the worst. "What the hell happened here?"
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
"Crap! This guy's gonna pop!" Eric mutters to himself. Then, he takes a quick look around the room before pulling the door shut, and aloud, he says, "I think that guy's the trap. We'll need to avoid disturbing him as best we can."

Investigation. if needed (what does he see in the room?) 1d20+8: 28 [1d20=20]
Roll Result
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Velari looks at the bound man for several long seconds, brow pitched together with cautious concern. "...No, I don't think he's playing dead Tigre. I think they overdosed him on purpose."

Indeed, the more he takes a look around the room, the more he begins to suspect the same too. There's a lingering scent on him, around his hands. Gunpowder? He must've fired it within the last few hours. Some sort of altercation must've occurred, but now the mystery was why.

Circling around the table ever so cautiously, he examines him from afar. The clothes he's wearing at first seems typical for a street-gang like this. Worn jeans and a dark leather jacket, but something about it seems a little too... Clean. The way he shaved, even down to thr smell of his deodorant stuck out to him. Then it hit him. This wasn't just some gang-banger, this was an undercover cop.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.

"So that's a yes?" Felix asks, pulling the keys out of the ignition and dropping them into a pocket.

Climbing out of the driver's seat he moves into the back of the Mongrel, figuring that it would be easier to climb out the back, out of sight. If nothing else it was easier than trying to pull his staff out of the driver's side door.

He checked the time on his glasses, waiting for the countdown to finish. That would be his queue to power up his coat, and staff and head out. He would have liked to have done it earlier, but he wasn't sure if that would be noticeable to the other mage. He had many questions, no answers, and no real means of doing testing until he could find another like minded practitioner to experiment with.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Jenny stayed seated, but a sense of focus returned to her eyes- she was no longer staring blankly into space. She began to chant softly, in something that might have been fractured Latin, and she wove her hands in sinuous gestures, as if gathering strands of invisible spiderwebs. There was, ever so briefly, an odd rushing sensation, like a building breeze though there was no actual wind.

In the space of moments, her outline shifted and blurred- she was not invisible but she WAS harder to see, and even harder to recognize. And tiny flickering flames continued to dance around her fingertips...

>OOC:
-Setting her Sorcery Variable (15pp)

-'Blur': Enhanced Defenses 8, Resistible (WILL DC 18)(+4 Dodge, +4 Parry), +Linked: Concealment 2 (Normal Sight), Partial (blurred, not fully hidden), +Linked: Enhanced Advantages 2 (Evasion +1, Improved Defense); (4+2+2= 8pp)
+Firebolt: Ranged damage 1 (Fire), +Accurate x4; (2+4= 6pp)(For Aid and distraction)
-Prestidigitation: Feature 1- Minor illusions; (1pp)
Last edited by pathfinderq1 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 0

"I think you're right, Velari. In fact," Eric grimaces, "everything about this kid screams 'undercover cop'. And, whoever trained him was sending him to an early grave."

Eric shakes his head in disgust. "Ok, we got intel. Let's get." As he heads out the door, he says, "If you can, Velari, lock the door behind us. Best not to let them know what we know, right?"
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She hesitates, showing her greenness and naitivity. "Shouldn't we try to help him? Get him out of here before the rest of the team busts in?"
------------