[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

While passing through the corridor hasn't revealed any sectrets to be sought forth, something about the door itself strikes a cord with him. The way it's designed reminds him of a hidden panel, simply from the other side.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre Blanco

"Ok, that works, too. And don't worry if you can't hear me, Cheyenne, I'll be here."

As they approached the door, Eric let out a low 'Harrumph' "OK, looks like a way out more than a way in. Hey, Felix, wanna come see if you can jimmy this door open, without setting off a bunch of alarms?"
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael also examines the door, having come to the same conclusion - that this door has the hallmarks of a hidden panel...

OOC - Technology: 1d20 15
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

"Yeah, sure," Felix says quietly moving forward to take a look at the strange door, "Hmmm..."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Felix, with a little assistance from Mikjal, does notice there are a few sensors on the door that would detect it's opening. He manages to disable the sensor in a non-intrusive manner. The trick he pulled won't last forever, but it should remain in place for the duration of their time here.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix frowns as the tools in his staff retract.

It was shoddy work, even by his standards, but it should last for now.
Probably.

"Good to go. Just be, uh, gentle with it when you open it."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric looked the door over carefully, trying to figure out exactly how to open the door gently.

OOC: Is this durn door on hinges, or on sliding rails? Exactly HOW caqn it be opened?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

By the look of the door, it's slid out via rails. Eric is confident that it'd be trivial for him to open.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric attempts to open the door as gently as he can, with the goal of being able to close it again after they're in.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Taken by Eflon

It offers sone slight resistance, yet Eric's raw muscular strength is enough to force whatever was keeping it locked in place a clunk. He almost looses control as it glides quickly along the rail, only by quick thinking managing to grab onto it even as harsh lighting nearly blinds him. He mamages to holdnit steady just enough for him to allow the group a peak. Seccond after the light, everyone takes notice of air which stinks of disinfectant reminisent. Very reminisant of a hospital, familiar perhaps to some.

Everyone needs a momment for their eyes to adjust from the pale glow of Felix's LED to the powerful white of the facility. It seems to be a corridor of some nature, flat doors line the wall in intervals broken up by machines of varying descriptor. A shiver washes over the less protected from the cold air, tempature low enough that one might almost see their own breath.

Ventilation and machinery provide a soft humming as a backdrop admits what would otherwise be starkly silent. Towards the left passage there's a black dome on the ceiling, doubtlessly a hidden security camera. Asside from that, you seem to have no present company.
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Chey let Eric open the door before carefully stepping through as she let her eyes readjust to the lighing. She wasnt the subtle type so shed probably have torn the door off its hinges on accident. She stopped though when she saw the camera dome and stepped back inside

"Camera," she said pointing to the dome
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

At Cheyenne's words, Jenny turns a bleary, half-focused gaze towards Felix. "Can you do some techno-magic whammy on the camera, or do I need to start with the serious Hogwarts stuff?"
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Actually I was trying to save some gas in the tank for covering up after we left, so be my guest," Felix says.

"I mean, anything that saves me from climbing into the ceiling look for a cat cable is good in my books."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny nodded at Felix's response. "Maybe one of you could pull that door closed, at least most of the way, for a moment. This could take a little while..." She dug through the pockets of her jacket, pulling out a number of odds and ends- a scrap of wool, a fragment of cloudy glass, a half-dozen other little trinkets. Each piece was accompanied by a few words in a sort of fractured Latin, and passed through a series of intricate gestures- the wool briefly over her eyes, then her ears; the glass held up as if to view each of her compatriots.

Perhaps half a minute passed, then the air seemed to blur slightly around the group...

>OOC: Going for a Concealment effect, off of her normal Variable Illusion- in this case it is, in fact, an Illusion, but a specific one (the Illusion that no one is there). Concealment 8 (All Visual, All Audio, All Olfactory), Affects others, Area- Cloud 1, Resistable (Will DC !8; it IS an illusion, after all), -Passive; 16PP of her 20 PP Variable so it will take a couple of rounds to draw together. Anything else needed for description/mechanics?

(The end effect is a 15ft radius cloud of concealment, encompassing the group as long as they stay within the area, which is centered on Jenny and moves with her. It lasts until we make an attack or effect check, or until she drops it- though it lingers for 1 round if she drops it herself). If people are aware of them and actively searching, they may attempt to pierce the illusion with a DC 18 WILL check, though that only breaks it for the individual, it does not cause the effect to fail.)

>OOC 2: Should the GM wish, I can do round-by-round rolls to gather the PP, or since we are not (As far as I know) immediately pressed, we can just assume it takes "A couple of rounds" (30 seconds or so)- this would be why she wants the door closed for a moment. Let me know what works best.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: I'll allow for it to be all at once, to make thing simpler/

There's no real indication for if the young girl's spell is actually working as it's intended, though the more magically sensitive do feel a certain something clinging to your skin. Vaguely satisfied you're at least moderately hidden the group is free to enter the corridor proper where they're met with two primary options. Left, or right.
------------