[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Almost reluctantly, the man vacates himself from the misconceived safety of a chair. He looks as if he's about to speak to Felix before his eyes are drawn to his downed colleagues. Something seems to click for him and hesitation vanishes, and suddenly he's rushing for a first aid kit ona nearby wall, and starts doing what he can to stabilize the worst injured. It's only partway through what he's doing that he seems to recall the question of ethics posed to him.

"I- We, thought there was a reassurance. The theory, everything seemed so sound. Animal testing was considered, but the formulas didn't seem to... interact the same way, that they would with humans. Foolish. We should've known better then to trust some crusty books."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: -2 Bruised, Dazed (healing)

As the door gave way with a satisfying clang Cheyenne put the captain down at the doorway and marched down the hall deliberately. scanning the cells until she came to the end.

"Claire?" she asked as she looked for the doors lock mechanism
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix shakes his head, scanning the room to see if there are any unlocked computers at the moment.

He sighs and crouches down to hold the first aid kit for the scientist with the robot arms on his coat. He'd have helped himself but he didn't know enough about medicine to do anything useful beyond slapping Band-Aids on cuts.

Or cauterizing severed limb wounds. He fought the urge to vomit as that memory came back.

"I'd happily take that book off your hands," Felix deadpans, then shakes his head, "This company is up to some shady nonsense, weapons making, kidnapping... you skipped straight to human testing and that's some seriously shady shit. I won't tell you anything that I think you can use that will use to keep that going."

"But I will tell you this, if only for the sake of saving lives: Normal human beings, the ones who aren't magically inclined, will die if you try to force magic into them. Their bodies can't handle it, it will poison them, they will die,"
He says evenly, "If you want evidence, look at the results of the Mage's Breath drug that was on the streets. It gave normal human beings magic. It ended badly."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The scientist watches the arms unfold with some strange curiosity, opening his mouth as if to ask more yet stops himself short. The help offered is instead thanked however meager and lacking in expertise it might've been. "Source. Mage's Breath, you call it. There've been... Rumors, but... No, no. Too sporadic." With eyes flirting about the room, he murmurs something nearly inaudible to the technomancer's ears. "Too unethical..."

He's quiet a moment longer, focusing on stopping a woman's head from bleeding further then it already has. Despite the injuries dealt, it seems that by some luck nobody had been outright killed during the attack. Perhaps the 'Captain' actually showed some form of restraint, ludicrous as it may've seemed. "The books... We had them with us, for reference material. They were on the far counter, but..." Very ludicrous, considering said counter was caved in by half an operating table. "You.... Might find something left behind. I can't stop you. If I even wanted to, that was."

While that was happening, Cheyenne and Jenny both, along with Mikjal, methodically make their way down the prison chambers finding a few various individuals in various states of consciousness. Jenny recognizes a one of them as a dwarven homeless man who'd gone missing a few weeks prior, though this was one of the majority who were less aware of their surroundings. It's unclear what, if anything, was being done to them. At the very end you find a vaguely familiar looking orcish woman.

She looks up from the spot she was leaning against the wall with a curious expression, arms crossed. Her light green hair has grown unevenly since the time of the photo you'd seen of her some time before, no longer half-shaven. Any bodily piercings she had before had evidently been confiscated, and the agent had been left with only a mint-green hospital gown to cover her modesty. "Well now, that's right interesting. Agent Mikjal in the flesh, along with some... Company?"

Blue eyes go first from the young sorcerer, before taking their time to sweep over Cheyenne's impressive form. "Very big company. Huh. You the one who was causing that huge ruckus earlier?"
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yeah, I'd say adding magic into highly addictive drugs and selling it to kids telling them it would give them magic is super unethical. Karma seems to agree with me. The source of the Source, suddenly sapient, decided to destroy the dealers definitively, abolishing their addictive and amoral aims absolutely," Felix deadpans, "And their leader is in jail. So good news: no more drugs! Still, if you need examples of why magic is bad in humans, I'm sure somebody can get the autopsy reports from the police."

"Oh and I wouldn't suggest letting anybody do that kind of experimentation. Besides being wrong as all hell? Magic is unpredictable and karma is cruel,
" He notes, looking over at the decimated place where the books used to be, "And if you tell me you don't believe in Karma I'd have to ask if you believed in magic before this all started."

"Seriously, that crap is how horror movies start," He makes his way over to the counter and shakes his head at the chunk of operating table sticking out of the counter, "Oh, just so you know I'm taking the man with the tattoos with me. Somebody has to fix it so he doesn't drop dead or go on another magically induced rampage."

"Probably ought to tell his boss he needs a sick day. After that he'll have to tell you what's up. I'm kicking his ass to the curb the minute I know he's not going to die and he can walk on his own two feet."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunting
Blue eyes go first from the young sorcerer, before taking their time to sweep over Cheyenne's impressive form. "Very big company. Huh. You the one who was causing that huge ruckus earlier?"
"Commotion?" she snorted "That barely qualifies as a ruckus."

Any locking mechanism or buttons to push to open her cell?

Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Kidnapping... Not like I can moralize on that, huh?" He spoe, shaking his head. "If you can undo what we did, then please. Do whatever you can to help him. He's a good man, he didn't deserve this. Volunteered for it in place of anyone else."

-

Claire snorts at Cheyene's comment, amusement lighting up her eyes alongside a glimmer of hope. When the bounty hunter takes a closer look at the wall, she notices there's a palm-scanner acting as the chief locking mechanism.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Yup. Kidnapping. I'd ask for his permission but," Felix looks around the room, specifically at the wreckage and injured people, "I'm not sure waking him up right now is safe for anybody."

"If he's really that mad he'll be free to can come try and kick my ass in a day," Felix shrugs, "Not like it's the worst crime I've committed today. That's probably assault."

He pauses, "Or is it? Breaking and entering? Huh. Maybe it is the kidnapping."

He glances over at the man, "Oh, there's a couple people who are going to feel very tingly when they wake up. They'll be fine, that's normal. If it bothers them give them a cup of lapsang souchong with a lemon slice, a spoonful of honey, a dash of pepper and about four drops of soy sauce. It'll pass way faster that way."

He'd found that out the hard way the first time he'd tested his magic blasts on himself. It felt like his entire body was asleep which was both interesting and unnerving.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Yes, I imagine that we'll a be feeling this come tomorrow... In many ways, perhaps." The man looked at Delox, mulling over his thoughts for a momment as he regained more of his senses. "I'm Dr. Lancaster. I never caught your own names."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

With the way Eric had been yelling his name every five minutes he was almost shocked to hear that. With his luck Eric would be yelling again any minute now.

"In the interest of not ending up in jail or being easily found by the company's goons maybe I shouldn't give you my name. I mean, all things considered," Felix says, giving Dr. Lancaster a helpless shrug, then after a moment adds, "But if it helps people call me Mr. Fix-it."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The old scientist snorted at that, some half-forgotten memory trudging up a reference Felix might not have even intended. "Fitting, then. Smart as well."
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: -2 Bruised, Dazed (healing)

Claire snorts at Cheyene's comment, amusement lighting up her eyes alongside a glimmer of hope. When the bounty hunter takes a closer look at the wall, she notices there's a palm-scanner acting as the chief locking mechanism.
Chey grunted as she saw the palm scanner made an excuse me a sec gesture then walked back out to one of the unconcious guards. She picked up one by the shirt carrying him back like a sack of potatoes, grabbed an arm and slapped the palm down on the reader.

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

The scanner beeps in response, and the cell slides open with a soft hiss. The orc wastes little time in vacating herself from the cramped cell. "Now we're talkin'. Take it you've got a plan for how we're getting out right?"
------------
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Huntress

"Through the door of course." she answered casually tossing the unconscious guard into the cell, while eyeing the metal door she'd just broke off its hinges and sent flying for emphasis.

she leaned down and scooped up the captain and started marching down the corridor giving Felix a thumbs up as she exited.

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Jenny, would you like to do anything here?
------------