[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She takes a hard look at the van again, noting how it seems to be pitching to one side. "Hey, sir, think your van's got a flat. Might wanna check that out."

Her hands go to her jacket, puling on it to get the fit back, and she turns to Eric. "Look, do you want me to leave you here to chat with your old friends, or do you wanna get back on that Source case we've been working?"' Abigail questions, bringing up the very reason she was out with their lead earlier. He was some druggie that was part of a big shakedown last week, the experienced resulted in a change of heart leading to trying going straight. Part of the deal you two had with him would be an offer of protection if he helped you track down the dealers who sold him his product.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Eric is glad to see Cheyenne, a familiar face. He is bothered by the people in the van, they being unknowns to him. He knows he's met the gal, but he can't remember when or where this happened, and this is driving... him... CRAZY!

To Abigail, Eric says, "Abby, we might want to find out why these people are here. After all, it's awfully coincidental that they'd show up right as we're getting ready to leave. I think we oughta find out why they're here, dontcha think?"

To Cheyenne, Eric says, "Well, we got a case to work, hopefully we'll take down some drug dealers, maybe clear the streets for a little while. I'd offer to let you tag along, but that'd be up to the boss lady here."

Eric has two questions for the people in the van: who are they, and why are they here. He's trying to wait for Cheyenne to ID them, but he's about out of patience in this regard...
Last edited by ichigorno on Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:03 am, edited 5 times in total.
Thanks, and have a nice day :)
------------------------------------------
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: The Gathering

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix waves cheerfully to the woman detective and gives her a thumbs up.

"Aaaand the bug lug just handed her a full magazine for that pistol," Felix notes with a smile on his face that doesn't match the tone of his voice, pulling out a paper map and unfolding it in front of him, looking as though he's trying to figure out where he's headed, "I'm all in favor of leaving now, but of course our big lug and the dragon just stopped by to chat with the armed woman. Of course."
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre
H.P.: 1

Perception: 1D20+8: 21 https://orokos.com/roll/786511
Does Eric notice conversation in the van? Not 'what are they saying', per se, but can he see them talking?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Arkrite wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:25 pm Felix waves cheerfully to the woman detective and gives her a thumbs up.

"Aaaand the big lug just handed her a full magazine for that pistol," Felix notes with a smile on his face that doesn't match the tone of his voice, pulling out a paper map and unfolding it in front of him, looking as though he's trying to figure out where he's headed, "I'm all in favor of leaving now, but of course our big lug and the dragon just stopped by to chat with the armed woman. Of course."
Jenny Ember
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny kept a broad smile on her face. " And now Officer big lug is looking at us, probably wondering how we are connected to all of this. I guess we better get out there and talk this through. Running from the police is no good, worse than cats- if you run, they WILL chase you." She shrugged and reached for the door handle. "Who knows? We MIGHT learn something- and if nothing else, we definitely have them outnumbered, gun or no gun. If we're going to try talking, I would rather it was me doing it instead of Cheyenne..."

With a sigh, Jenny opened the door of the Mongrel and slid out. She took just a moment to adjust her canvas messenger bag across her back, and to check the drape of her knee-length coat. Then she stood facing the woman they had followed and her Friend. Barely five feet tall and slender, and clad in battered, mismatched (but clean) clothing, Jenny wasn't very threatening, at least not to mortal Sight- but she was careful to stand with her hands open and empty, in a stance that demonstrated no threat or hostility. She did offer a more genuine smile, and a quick nod to Cheyenne and Copper.

After a brief instant, long enough to allow the others to assess her, she took a few slow steps forward- close enough to speak without shouting, but out of quick grab range. "Good afternoon- officer, ma'am," she said warmly. "My name is Jenny, Jenny Ember if you have an ear to the streets- and It might be beneficial for us to talk for a bit, I think. About the fellow who was in your car, if nothing else," she added, with a nod to the woman. "But perhaps someplace a bit less public..." Despite her youth and her small size (and somewhat bedraggled appearance), her voice was calm and level. And now that she was closer, one might notice the talismans, religious symbols, and other trinkets which hung from her coat like the ornaments of a Christmas tree... Although she seemed friendly enough, there was something OFF about her, something just subtly wrong- nothing definite, but there noentheless. Perhaps it was that she wasn't really looking at either of them, but rather past them, with a vacant 'spaced out' kind of gaze...

>OOC: Jenny will invoke her 'Power in a name" Benefit- if either Eric or Abby has Expertise- Streetwise (or Occult community) or street-level Contacts or Connections, they might have heard of her (in her role as an information broker, perhaps).

-Also a general Persuasion, but this doesn't go well, so there is something off, something spooky to her, despite an attempt to be friendly. 1d20+5= 9, roll https://orokos.com/roll/786548

-Last but not least, she has Comprehend Spirits "switched on" and is looking for any spirit beings associated with either of them (hence the vacant, spaced out gaze).
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

OOC: Would anything about Eric trigger the Comprehend Spirits? And do any of his senses enable him to detect magic?
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Abigail lips part slightly with a noise of recognition passing through them. "Oh. You're that kid, the ghost-whisperer."

Her expression pinches up after acknowledging the girl, the detective giving an inscrutable look towards Jenny's state of dress. "Not really what I expected."

There's a tingle in the back of Jenny's mind, which would cause her to look back down the street out of instinct. Yet there was nobody else on the street right now but them, dead or alive. When she looked back to the detectives there was a flicker as for the briefest moment's she met Echo's eye just in time for him to nod and vanish. Seems something about the pair of detectives caught his interest.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 1

Felix watches the girl leave, then folds up the map he was using as excuse to sit around.

"I think that girl has a guilty conscious," Felix says, mostly to himself. He'd never been chased by the police and he walked away from them all the time.

Reaching up he taps his glasses to activate recording, "Note to self: Larger vehicle. Something bulletproof."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 1; Condition: hunter

"Source case huh...?" Chey muses outloud for a few moments

""Maybe we can help each other out." she adds pointing to a local diner across the way. "lets get some grub and compare notes."
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

She gives Cheynne an apriasing look, before relenting with a sigh. "We've just lost our main lead, seems we're in the market for another. Any problem with that, Sammy?"
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

"Not if you don't, Abby," Eric replies to Abigail. "Seems like we could maybe use the help."

To Cheyenne, he replies, "Hell, looks like we might be working on the same case. Shoot, why not, let's go."

To Felix and Jenny, he says, "We're headed to the diner across the street for a meal and some note sharing. You're welcome to join us if you want." To himself, he thinks, ~Hell, the more, the merrier. This one ain't about a paycheck anymore.~
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

It's hardly ever been about the paycheck with Eric's new boss/partner. If he were to be honest with himself, taking up work as an investigator after leaving his position on the force was a massive pay cut. The woman herself makes barely enough to keep the lights on, and lives in the apartment juat above the office. It's good work that you do, but not rich work.
------------
ichigorno

Post by ichigorno »

Eric Sams - El Tigre

Eric thinks to himself about how his life might've turned out if he'd stayed on the force. Probably a serious drunk, probably failing to serve the people of the city to the point where they'd have booted him out anyway. Without his dear, sweet, loving wife to help him stay centered, he may well be dead already. It was thanks to Abby taking him on as partner that he was once again doing what he loved, helping people. Never mind a silly paycheck. But getting this Source shit off the streets, now that was worth doing...

Eric noticed that he'd slowed down and resolutely picked up the pace. At the diner, a huge, stacked hot pastrami sub was calling his name.
Robert, aka I'chi'go'no
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Velari Larosa
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array: Elongation 8

Velari peeks out as the detective addresses the van, despite them trying to keep a low profile waiting for their teammates, however the mention of food was too tempting. "I don't know about you guys, but I'm famished, and we seem to be kind of stuck on this case anyways. Maybe these guys have some detail we missed."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Treant tries to move, but the groaning of metal stops him in hia tracks. He sighs. "Go on without me. I'll think of a way out of here myself... Eventually."
------------