[IC] The New Mythos: Trials and Tribulations

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Arkrite

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Science and Superstition

Post by Arkrite »

Felix Ian Xavier - Mr. FIX I.T.
HP: 2

Felix opens his mouth to point out that he'd suggested doing that with the robot lab, but everybody decided against that.

He sighs and shakes his head, "Yeah, just find me an office, or a lab, or a maintenance closet. Sometimes they hide networking equipment in those."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

this time it was her turn to nudge Felix good naturedly before she moved out looking for an office with what they needed
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

GM: Toss me an investigation as you navigate the area, people may assist.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
catsi563

Post by catsi563 »

Cheyenne
HP: 2; Condition: Hunter

Quick look around using all her senses and the experience shed gained in recent years as a bounty hunter to see what she could find

Cheys investigation _: 1D20+5 = [9]+5 = 14
hmm not spectacular but an aid could push it over the top
Dr. Silverback has wryly observed that this is like trying to teach lolcats about Shakespeare

Showdown at the Litterbox

Catsi stories
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

For the most part, Jenny was focused on maintaining her spell, but she was using her arcane senses to monitor those energies, so she might be able to notice things that more mundane perception might miss. Of course, those things might be meaningless...

>OOC: Aid for Investigation 1d20+10= 11, roll https://orokos.com/roll/900592 . So, if a natural 1 is automatic failure, that fails- if not, with Teamwork, that is a 16, which should be good for 2 degrees of success on the Aid
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix was happy to note that getting bumped by Cheyenne wasn't like getting hit by a Herkimer Battle Jitney. At least not when she liked you.

"Just saying, robot lab with cool ass killer robots," Felix mutters to himself as he follows along trying to spot a door, "Know how this ends. I wind up in a crappy broom closet stuck between the wall and a server cage trying to reach for cables in the back."

"Again."

OOC: Aid of Investigate: 1d20+3 12 I believe that's just barely helpful! ;~)
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

You've had to sneak your way past several more patrols of security along with researchers and even a stray janitor. Aside from the occasional elf or dwarf, not many were obviously supernatural in nature. Focused on your tasks as you were, you weren't able to gather much about what everyone was working on other then occasional snippets of jargon.

Even with her time spent tracking down bounties, Cheyene would have to admit that rarely- if ever- did they take her into the secret underground labs of a potentially evil corporation. Perhaps misguided, if one was being charitable.

Lucky with help from the feint whispers brushing Jenny's ears and Felix's own experience with nerdly-aspects everyone finds themselves before their best chance at securing an administrator 's computer. That being an office which proudly recognizes itself owned by someone named "Dr. Elizabeth Assimov", head researcher of the "Alchemical and Arcane Applications" department. Something that definitely isn't being advertised on their website.

As one would expect for such a high-profile office there's an electronic lock on the door. It seems to be a combination card scanner and numerical password mechanism.
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Alchemical and Arcane Application? Wow, not only do they sound completely up their own butts, but they've made magic sound boring," Felix rolls his eyes, and hisses, "They are making mother loving magic sound boring!"

He mutters to himself as he opens himself up to the magic in the world to examine the lock before he started poking at it.

"These people are monsters." He mutters to himself then adds, in annoyance, "But they have great taste in locks."
Bladewind

Re: [IC] The New Mythos: Twists and Turns

Post by Bladewind »

Mikjáll Lysanthir/ Michael Kelly
Condition: Normal
HP: 1

Michael cannot suppress a smile at Felix's remarks. He watches as the tecnhnomage prepares to attempt to bypass the lock.

"Wait." He says softly as Felix begins, "Let me help."

Michael will aid Felix, perhaps his abilities to detect secret passages and pathfinder senses might be useful - it was a stretch. At the very lease his almost supernatural stealth abilities should be able to help...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mikjall's Jack of All trades: 8
You players have a knack for making things very interesting in all the right ways.

Between the efforts of both Felix and Mikjall, everyone's treated to the sight of the lock mechanism sputtering and going dark. There's nothing so dramatic as a siren blaring or red warning lights, but you get the impression that what just happened was a fairly bad thing.

Eric snarls, ears twitching at a noise beyond human hearing. "Dammit. It only takes one slip up for a mission to go sideways. To hell with it. Cheyene, let's get this door open and get what we came here for before they show up." The weretiger flexes his shoulders, drawing claws and getting ready to start pulling on the door with force alone. "A lock's only as good as the door it's mounted on after all."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

"Or you could just punch out the wall," He taps the wall right next to where the doorknob would be, "And we can reach inside and open it from there."

He shrugs, "You'd be surprised how many people armor the door and then put drywall right next to it."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

He snorts in response, "We'll be getting in either way."
------------
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

Felix gives Eric a manic smile, "Yeah."

He takes his staff, clicks a hidden button which makes it thrum with energy, then thrusts it into the wall like a spear, "But I bet mine's faster!"
OOC: Take 10 to hit the wall for a DC23 damage. Hoping to punch a hole through to the other side so we can open the door.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Jenny Ember
HP: 2; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Jenny continued to sustain the magic of the cloaking field- she managed to glare briefly at the lock as it sputtered out, though she was used to technology malfunctioning when she was using magic nearby (and sometimes even if she wasn't actually doing any magic)

At least this time, it didn't seem like it was her fault.

Or was it?

>OOC Checking in, nothing to add
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Toughness Roll: 17 Sufficient for a break!

With wicked glee Felix thrusts his weapon through the wall besides the door, two inches of steel flash-melting in the blink of an eye. Molten globules fry free and splatter his coat, quickly cooling and leaving a strange pattern of metallic rivets primarily around his sleeves. Not sufficient with merely punching through. Lights nearby fizzle out as he clips a power conduit within, sputtering for several seconds before dying out completely.

Eric grins at the mage and thrusts his hand in the moment he withdraws without waiting for the metal to completely cool off. "Now that's what I'm talking about! Come on, we have about three minutes tops to get this done."

The door clicks open with some brief fumbling, and you're treated to the view of a nice looking office space that's thankfully devoid of any occupants. There's a computer monitor sitting on a glass and metal desk, though the computer itself isn't obvious. Nor does it even have an actual keyboard and mouse, instead there seems to be a thin holographic overlay projected onto the tabletop itself. The sleek-black chair as well is ridiculously high quality and ergonomic, and though it seems tailor-made for someone on the shorter end it still offers more comfort then even the most high-end gaming chairs on market.

Convenience Chance: 1

With luck, the moment Felix or someone else steps up they'll notice that the computer's already logged in, merely requiring a brief tap of a key to bring it up from sleep mode. Apparently the administrator had only stepped out for what was meant to be a brief moment.
------------