[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

"I will see what can be arranged."

Imperious stated, rather than repeat the latter half of his earlier comments. A longer pause followed now, as he sorted his thoughts into words before speaking them.

"There is one more matter. You have shown an ability to resist the temptations of dangerous knowledge that most Enginseers would kill for or die pursuing. You have not succumb the cold amorality that many of your creed fall prey to. You have also put the wellbeing of the wider community above your faction. I think you can play an valuable role in To-Ki-Oh's future. Would you be willing to take stewardship of the Broadcast Array? I need someone to guard it against cyber intrusion and maintain it."

OOC wrote:
HP: 2
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy (?)
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 1 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 15
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-I will happily do so!-| she sends, genuine joy in her machine-speech. |-I am surprised you would give me such responsibility. I will do my very best to get that behemoth back in full working order.-|
OOC:
Ok! What now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

With Lamassutu's acceptance of the duty Lucas asks Shi'Halal to grant the Enginseer the authorization she needs to fulfill her role as steward of the Broadcast Array. It was something he had been considering since she betrayed her peers to help him. He had needed to see more of her personality, and give time for her motives to be revealed. What he had seen, coupled with her expertise and prior experience with the Broadcast Array lead him to believe she was right for the responsibility.

Shortly after here acceptance, and the granting of authority, Imperious ended the transmission. Both had things to do. In Imperious' case, he had more people to reach out to. The next person he asked Shi'Halal to get in contact was Mickey, in Bastion.

"Mickey, this is Imperious. How fare things in Bastion?"

Lucas fell silent, giving the woman an oppertunity to provide him with an update before he went on to tell her why he contacted her.

"I have secured a means of long range communication. You are going to be granted access to it, as well as the authority to give others such access. Be mindful, the this communications array was recently reclaimed. Tlolkku and rogue Iron Enginseers were using it previously. It may not be completely secure."

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp) ; Enhanced Skills 1 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“Boss?” Mickey says, her voice somewhat patchy. “We got hit by reavers, but we drove ‘em off. No casualties, on our side. For the most part, everything’s on an even keel.

“But...boss...Mr. Ashcroft left. No one else went with him. How far can a cripple get? Pretty far, apparently. We haven’t heard from him, in a while. He just up and left. Told no one. His room wasn’t a mess, no reavers got inside, nothin’. But...he’s gone.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The news of a Reaver attack was not good to hear, but that the defenders were able to rebuff the assault was. Still, most Reaver groups were nto a serious threat. Organized groups, or proper hordes, and Arcauninauts were. It was fortunate none had assaulted Bastion in his absence. There was a soberness to Imperious' response.

"This may be more serious than you think. Mr. Ashcroft was looking into a subversive group within Bastion. Tell no one of that, however. At least for now. I will return to Bastion soon."

A delay in going to Corrosion. Imperious thought about that. What he would do when he arrived at Bastion. It wouldn't be bad for Nepenthe to see the fortress community either. Make connections there. His eyes narrowed in thought as he mentally worked through events and arrangements in his head. There was a complication with To-Ki-Oh. He needed a governing body in place before he and Nepenthe left, as well as representatives that could speak to the outside world. He would have to consult with Nepenthe on that.

"Unless there is something you need to talk about before I return, there are some people I should introduce to you."

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp) ; Enhanced Skills 1 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“I got people out looking for him,” Mickey says. “Should I call then back? Or what?”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Proceed as you normally would. Abnormal changes in behavior may draw unwanted attention."

... Imperious advised. However he suspected that is Mr. Ashcroft were still alive, he could very well be at Bastion. In one of their earlier conversations he had mentioned that the subversives had access to a hidden section of the structure. Mr. Ashcroft could have been abducted and held there.

Imperious gave Mickey an opportunity to add further, or ask other questions she may have. If there was nothing more she wished discussed, he provided a brief warning.

"I will be bringing some other people into this communication. Allies that you should be introduced to, even if they are distant."

At that he asked Shi'Halal to contact Mother Mercy, Chandraputra, Lordsenator, and Commander Atla. Those that they were able to reach, Impreious informed of the Broadcast array and granted them the same access that he had given to Mickay and Tamara. Then he proceeded to introduce those who had not already met to one another.

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
Ok. What now?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After they had been introduced allowed the majority to leave. Though he asked Chandraputra and Mother Mercy to remain, as he had specific things that he wanted to talk about with them.

"I have reclaimed the Winter Palace and To-Ki-Oh. The Tempestineers and Iron Enginseers are welcome in the region. In fact, there are some specific matters which I hope your groups will be able to aid in."

"Presently To-Ki-Oh is separated from the main Datasphere network. I possess the ability to restore this connection, however there are complications best not discussed over this transmission. Before that can be done I need to make certain the locals will not be harmed by doing so. To this end, Iconoclasts are requested to assist in that endeavor."

"There is also a Xeno community in To-Ki-Oh. Tengu. I would like to maintain good relations with them. However two issues have arisen. First, their means of communication is very different from humans. It would be good to have a telepath skilled in Xeno diplomacy available. The other concern is that their reproduction process requires the corpses of sentient beings. I ask that you make an effort to provide what bodies you are able to so that there is never a need for them to forcibly take, or make, corpses that are not offered to them."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mother Mercy’s voice is tinged with dark amusement. “So, I see we now consort with unclean spirits? The peasants were right, Imperious. We really are sorcerers.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious understood the humor in Mother Mercy's remark. His response was serious though, as he used the opportunity to illustrate how the Tengu were making an effort at not just coexisting, but working with them.

"To the contrary, the Tengu have helped abate the radiation poisoning of the populace by patching a damaged reactor. I believe once the Renewalmachine has begun to heal Rustdeity they will be able to help the process along. They are gardeners of a fashion."

The comment about sorcerers and unclean spirits did make him think of Black Angels. Which in turn got Imperious thinking back to his encounter with Metatron and the subsequent vision he had involving his father and his family crest emblazoned on the sun. Imperious thought about encouraging Mother Mercy and the garrison at the Palace of Eternity to employ his symbol as he had Captain Esserton. But he hesitated. Imperious didn't have any justification, other than the vision. With that, he realized he may have been hasty in encouraging Esserton to incorporate it into the Datasphere security codes his crew came up with. For now, he held his tongue on the matter.

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp) ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
Ok, what do?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After ending the conversation with Mother's Mercy he asks Shi'Halal to connect to Nepenthe.

"I need to see to a matter at Bastion before we set out for Corrosion. A few things, in the Washer's Ton area, in fact. I may actually need your help tending to one task in particular. A FireWall Icon named Ang's command codes have been compromised. We need to ensure he cannot be abused."

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp) ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“I’m on my way,” she sends.

When she gets there, Nepenthe says, “So, Lord Imperious, I shall now see your original fief? Interesting.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"The one I founded, yes. My family's original holdings have been lost or destroyed."

Imperious states in a neutral, informative, manner. Extending is arm he slowly hooks it around the Imperial Princes' waist, so as not surprise her with the action. With his arm around her he holds her close to his side. There isn't much time to appreciate, or be concerned by, the closeness before Imperious has taken to the air and rocketed across land and sea. Over the patched and repaired ancient TAW military base, they slow, and Imperious descends to the front gates at a gradual pace. Both so that Nepenthe has an opportunity to see the area, as well as to give the citizenry and guards to a chance to see their arrival. When they touched down on the ground he withdrew his arm from the Princes.

OOC wrote:Adjusting Shi'Halal's Arsenal Array to include some Enhanced Strength.

Switching Shi'Halal's Utility Array to Flight 20.

Then a Move Action is used to take them to Bastion.
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 10 ; Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp) ; Enhanced Skills 2 [Computers 8]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 20 [Flaws: Distracting (-1/r)]