[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Sakuro »

The tentacled creature struck at him with it's limbs and Imperious twisted his black armor clad body to wrest himself free of those long limbs before the could coil, tighten, and ensanre him within their hold.

Though it latched on initially Imperious grasped hold of the tentacles in one hand and with a jerking twist throws them aside. An instant later he was rushing at the taller of the two, his right arm pulled back, readying for a punch. In transit the sonic cannon mounted on his forearm melted away. The excess mass shifted, forming up around his fist and encasing his hand in the head of a hammer that hummed like a tuning fork. Once he was in striking distance Imperious threw his hammer-fist forward, aiming to strike the Arcinaut in the center of it's face.
OOC wrote:I misread your post and listed the DC as 15. Though I realize now the DC was not given. I'll hold off on Imperious' turn until you give me the go ahead to do so.

Reflex Save DC 15: 1d20+10 27

I've shifted Imperious' Dynamic Arrays around. Moving in for a melee attack on the big guy. Accurate Attack -4 Damage/+4 Attack is going to be used. DC 31 Toughness if it hits.

(Accurate Attack -/+4) Melee attack on taller enemy: 1d20+14 27
HP: 1
Conditions: Healthy
Communion Array: Immunity to all Mental Effects.
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 30, Strike 3
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Visual Detect Life, Ultra-Vision Extended x3, Speed and Quickness 6, Super-Strength 5.
Last edited by Sakuro on Wed May 08, 2019 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
Crap! Sorry! No, a 27 is well over what you needed. The Snare attempt failed!
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Toughness roll for the Arcaninaut’s main body:
He has an Impervious Toughness of 1, meaning the DC is now a 30.
1d20+6 = 16. 30 - 16 = 14. So, failed by 14!

As the hammer blow struck, the taller of the Arcaninaut’s bodies’ head gave way, turning to mush under the force of Imperious’ strike. It dropped to the ground—-not entirely dead, but knocking on death’s door.

The third Arcaninaut’s body lashes out with its tentacles, easily reaching across the distance between itself and Imperious.

Attack by small Arcaninaut body:
1d20 +6 = 20. (No, not a critical, just a 20. [I rolled a 14.])
This is a hit, if I’m reading your character sheet correctly. So, we need a Toughness save, DC 24.

Then again, you raised a valid point, so..

The tentacles lashed around Imperious’ arms, but could not maintain a grip. The mighty hero was able to shake himself free.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The tentacles struck at Imperious, but he did not flinch. Instead, as they moved to wrap around him, he grasped hold of them. As he did so electro-conductive pads formed on the inside of his hand that sent a shock into the Arcaninaut. While electrocuting it Imperious gave a swift jerk upwards and brought the small humanoid creature off the ground, then swiftly swung downwards, making to slam the miniature Arcaninaut into the grond below. Exploiting it's own limbs, and cracking it like a whip, or perhaps swinging it like a fleshy morningstar.
OOC wrote:The tentacle attack roll was just enough to hit. Needed a 20 to meet Imperious' Defense.

DC 24 Tough: 1d20+20 27

(Accurate Attack -4/+4) Melee Attack small 2 Arcaninaut: 1d20+14 29 DC 31 Toughness.

Imperious also has Takedown 1. If he drops the small guy, he'll finish off the big one.
Defense: 20 to hit (15 flat footed)
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Visual Detect Life, Ultra-Vision Extended x3, Speed and Quickness 6, Super-Strength 5.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Toughness save from smaller Arcaninaut body:
1d20+4 = 17. Failed by 15! Ouch!

As an aside, the big body’s already dealt with. You killed it, for all intents and purposes 2 posts above this one.

All three shells worn by the Arcaninaut’s sentience lay dead or dying on the corroded ground. But, before Imperious can take a moment to breathe, a vast cloud of oil-drenched insectile monsters, each the size of a sparrow, erupts from beneath! The swarm envelops Imperious, savaging at him!

The fourth and final body of the Arcaninaut—-the swarm!—-makes its attack!:
1d20 +7 = 12! Again, swing, batta-batta!

But Shi’Halal’s armor is far too thick, and the swarm begins to peel away. “Infuriating Gnat!” they hiss. “Now I Must Regrow What You Have Daringly Destroyed!”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Enveloped by the swarm Imperious raises his left arm, using the forearm to shield his eyes from attack. It was an instinctive reaction to that sudden attack by the previously hidden swarm. Moving side to side he weaves in and out, threading through the assault of the giant bugs at inhuman speeds. Then the swarm recedes, drawing back from him. Imperious lowers his arm, the palm of his left hand crackling with electrical arcs while the right remained in cased in a humming hammer. Peering into the swarm with vibrant emerald lenses over his eyes he called to the mad thing that either killed or drove Renner to his death,

"If I thought you could change, if your nature was not one of malevolence, I would spare you. Humble you, but spare you."

The hum from the hammer rose in pitch and volume. Lifting off from the ground the man who seemed to be made of the night's sky began to advance on the swarm of bugs.

"No. There will be no retreat for you. Nor mercy!"

Then, like a human missile he shot forwards, plunging his sonic hammer into the heart of the swarm. As he did the intensity of the sonic assault rose to a banshee's wail.
OOC wrote:Going to use the "sonic hammer" fist to strike at the swarm, so there is an energy based descriptor involved in the attack. I'm also switching up points in his Flight/Utility Dynamic Array so that Imperious can give chase more easily if the swarm tries to flee.

(Accurate Attack -4/+4) Melee attack on Arcaninaut Swarm: 1d20+14 28 DC 31 Toughness.
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Visual Detect Life, Ultra-Vision Extended x3, Flight 10, Super-Strength 2.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

The swarm laughs, a billion tiny voices converging one mammoth voice, “You Cannot Harm Me With Such Petty—-“

The final body of the Arcaninaut’s Toughness save:
Insubstantial 1 is waved, as its energy damage.
1d20 +10 =20! (Not a critical; I rolled a 10.) Failed by 13! Incapacitated!

Then Imperious’ weapon struck, and a scream of epic proportions wrenched from from a billion tiny throats. Tens of thousands of tiny insect-bodies hit the ground, dead. What remained swirls about, unable to control its movements. It just keeps circling, as if unable to gather its wits.

What—-Is This—-“
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

The air around Imperious' hammer wrippled and appeared to warp under the extreme sonic energies being contained in a small area. The hammer itself looked to vibrate. Pitiously he looked at the disorientated insects for just a moment. Long enough to reply to the confused swarm's unfinished query.

"Your end."

With that declaration he struck at the center of the swarm's remains. This time he did not hold back as much as he had previously. This time when he thrust his fist into the Arcaninaut he called up more energy to fuel the sonic release that came with the physical blow. Sound waves twisted space in the area immediately around his fist as a titanic sonic-boom exploded from the impact site.
OOC wrote: Melee Attack the Swarm: 1d20+10 23 DC 35 Toughness. Sonic descriptor still applied.
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Visual Detect Life, Ultra-Vision Extended x3, Flight 10, Super-Strength 1.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Considering it was incapacitated, I’m just going to say your blow finished it off, just now.

The billions of tiny beasts howled aa one...then faded to echoes, then to nothingness. The Arcaninaut—-all four of its mobile avatars—-lay dead. Now, all that remained was silence, but even that only lasted a few moments, as, without much warning, acid rain began to fall, sizzling harmlessly over Imperious’ armored frame.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After the telling blow that ended the battle, Imperious' hands returned to normal. The hammer melted away from his right fist. The electro-shock pads receded into his left hand's palm and the pads of his fingers. Now his hand normal human didigts again. Five of them. Four fingers and a thumb on each hand that looked like a clear night's sky speckled with starts and shaped into limbs. Quiet. A moment of quiet before rain fell to wash away the ichor from the creatures he had slain. Imperious was not at ease though. This thing had reached out to Renner while, presumably, trapped in the depths of the crude oil. It had many bodies and talked of regrowing what it had lost. As far as he knew, all it would take is one bug escaping to start the process of regrowth and then the threat would reemerge.

While the acid rain poured down over him Imperious searched the scene. He studied the bodies through Shi'halal's eyes. He looked down into the crude below to the parasite he had seen chewing on Renner's guts and inspected them as well. Imperious scrutinized the nature of these things. Then he reached out with his own attunement to his surroundings, that sixth sense he had always had. Was there anything left of the Arcaninaut?

"What do you think? Is it dead, all of it?"
OOC wrote:Here is a Life Sciences check to go along with Imperious' study of the Arcaninaut's remains to try get information about it and gauge if it is truly dead in it's entirety. Not just these physical bodies. Life Sciences: 1d20+12 26

Here is a Search check, if needed, to account for Imperious' Accurate Mental Sense, and the use of Shi'hala's sensors. Search: 1d20+2 20 (Not a crit.)
HP: 2
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Normal Vision Extended x5 ; Visual Detect Life ; X-Ray Vision Extended x4, Microscopic Vision Extended x4, Quickness 10
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Shi’Halal’s cyberkinetic voice, vaguely like the voice of Imperious’ mother, rose from nowhere, and explained, “I BELIEVE IT IS DEAD. THOSE FEW CONSTITUENT BODIES NOT YET DEAD ARE IN THE PROCESS OF EXPIRING AS WE SPEAK. IT IS HIGHLY UNLIKELY THE ARCANINAUT HAS SURVIVED. NEVERTHELESS, I RECOMMEND A GUARDED MENTAL DEFENSE UNTIL WE CAN ASCERTAIN IT HAS NOT EJECTED ITS CONSCIOUSNESS TO ANOTHER LOCALE.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

After Shi'Halal has shared her assessment of the matter Imperious raised a fisted hand towards the large humanoid body with the antenna. A cannon molded itself into existence on his fore. A single ray of white light flashed, piecing it's head. Two more shots followed, one aimed at the head of each of the two smaller humanoid bodies. He promised a quick death.

Pacing away from the scene of battle, the cannon broken down and receded back into the blackness of Shi'halal that covered his arm. It was to Renner's vehicle that he walked now. He looked over it. Assessed it's condition. It had endured a fire … and likely more before it's partnership with Renner. Perhaps it could be repaired and still be a useful part of the community.

"Let's get you home."

… he said to the machine. Then, searching for and grasping hold of sturdier portions of it's construction, he rose it up and took to the sky. Back to Bastion he flew, moving at a speed that would not cause the buggy to break apart under the forces of wind sheer and friction.
OOC wrote:Unless something interrupts him along the way, Imperious will drop the buggy off at Bastion's gates.
After depositing the buggy at the gates, he instructs the guards to make sure that the vehicle is brought inside and stored for repairs. Following those directions he had more.

"Wake Mr. Ashton and the senior medical staff. Have them meet me in the War Room in one hour."

There was no explanation following his orders. Imperious only lingered long enough to ensure the guards knew and were intent on following his orders. Then he walked away from the gates a discrete distance before taking to the air again. Sailing up, then to the east. Hew flew towards the flames of the tire fire that he'd watched during his station on the walls.

When he arrived on site, he positioned himself over the smoke and flames. From his vantage point he reaches his hands downward, fingers splayed out. In response to this gesture a translucent black metallic material formed over the fire. Taking the shape of a large dome, which he used to smother the flames.
OOC wrote:The "War Room" is meant to be a meeting room for private planning and discussion. Perhaps including some useful equipment such as charts or maps.

I do not know if anything noteworthy arises while Imperious is off putting out that tire fire. I will continue as though nothing has.
Sometime later, after his firefighting efforts, Imperious returned to Bastion. He took the time to clean himself before heading to the war room, where he expected to meet with Mr. Ashton and the medical personnel that he had instructed be woken. Without sitting he took in the room, no longer sheathed in Shi'halal's inky blackness and shining mimicry of starlight.
Last edited by Sakuro on Fri May 10, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

OOC:
And then?
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Mr. Ashcroft was the first one in, wheeling in in his motorized wheelchair. Cripplingly deformed, with a vestigial body and head, but a massive brain spilling out from any attempt his body made at containing it’s bulk, Mr. Ashcroft was not like most biotwists—-in addition to his horrific debilities, Mr. Ashcroft was a powerful receptive telepath. He could not project thoughts, but he could hear them, even over vast distances.

The medical staff, which consisted sadly of three doctors and eight nurses, filled in next, worried looks on their faces.

Mr. Ashcroft spoke, albeit with his mind: “Mister Jaxon. Why all the fuss?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Renner is dead."

Imperiously stated, bluntly and without any preamble, when Mr. Ashcroft asked about the reason for the meeting.

"A stomach full of exotic parasites ate him out."

Turning his head he looks to the medical staff. Woefully few and likely overworked. Still, he gave them a questioning look, and allowed a moment in the even there was any comment they wanted to make on this. Mickey had said Renner was making a nuisance of himself in the medical department. It was a non-judgemental expression that he gave though, and the pause was not long. Moving on he brought the entireity of the group back into his gaze as he resumed speaking.

"Worse, he had been under the influence of an Arcaninaut. Through psychic projection it pretended to be a deceased relative and manipulated him into freeing it from a blackzone in the Lock."

"The Arcaninaut had multiple bodies, which I killed while out looking for Renner. It is likely dead. Given it's psychic nature, the multiple bodies it possessed, and a comment it made about regrowing it's bodies, I am not completely certain it does not still pose a threat. Thus the reason I have asked all of you to meet with me. I give you this information so you are aware of a potential dangers to this community: both the parasites and the possibility of a psychic Arcaninaut preying on people. If you see the symptoms present in Renner's situation reoccur elsewhere, give the matter more scrutiny than you may otherwise."