[The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Hoid

Re: [The Forever Tree]Rustdeity IC.

Post by Hoid »

Nepenthe nods. “When do we leave? I have a few things to do first, but it shouldn’t be that. These Immortals know how desperate their situation is, and’re remarkably eager to be in compliance.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

When posed with the question about their departure time a list of things that needed to be done ran through his head. There were somethings that would be good to before leaving. Or projects to set in motion.

"There are some things we may need to tend to before leaving To-Ki-Oh. Have you consulted with the leader of the Bees about rousing the people of To-Ki-Oh from their perpetual dream state?"

Imperious paused, then recalled an idea that had been tugging at the corner of his consciousness since he talked to Esserton on the bridge of Dancer-upon-Oblivion.

"I may have discovered a means of warding against the Oblivion Flock. Is there a means by which an software patch be be widely distributed to synthetics?"

OOC wrote:
HP: 2
Defense: 20
Conditions: Healthy (?)
Encephalon: Activated
Communion Array: Impervious Toughness 20
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 12 ; Create Object 15 [Power Feat: Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Flight "Utility" Dynamic Array: Flight 15
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

“To your first question: yes. It’s going to be a bit troublesome, though, for a rather complicated array of reasons.

“To your second question: yes. Any Iconoclast should be able to help you.”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious was quiet for a moment after hearing that weening To-Ki-Oh's populace away from their Datasphere immersion was going to be difficult and complicated. That was expected, but having that expectation confirmed did not endow him with positivity. He also realized that he would have to work through Nepenthe. She was the link to the Bees, and the Bees were his dominant supporters in the region. So he offered her guidance and guidelines.

"I am willing to give them time, as long as an honest effort is being made towards independence from the dream state. Concerning those with extreme physical impairment, I believe an exception can be made. However, look for ways to give them purpose within the Datasphere. The Bees are warriors. That is good. But the others need to find a role that benefits the community."

He paused a beat and looked into the distance where he had seen a Skynode on his return to the Winter Palace. Imperious thought about the region's prolonged isolation. When he looked back to Nepenthe he sought her insight again.

"Do you believe To-Ki-Oh is ready to be integrated with the main Datasphere network?"

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Enhanced Strength 12 ; Create Object 15 [Power Feat: Precise (+1 pp), Variable Descriptor "Technology" 2 (+2 pp)]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

She shakes her head no. “Not yet, my Lord. We need Iconoclasts to go through everything, as I’m not sure what’ll happen to the Immortals with a global Datasphere restored. There’re simply too many variables, Lord Imperious. We still have much to learn!”
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

They needed Iconoclasts, and Imperious had killed eleven a couple days ago. He didn't regret it. The Gnostic Priests were selfish, amoral, and willing to sacrifice To-Ki-Oh for their ambition. Except one, Lammasutu. This was too large scale an endeavor.

"I will consult with Mother Mercy and see if the Iron Enginseers are able to support that endeavor. Lammasutu may be willing to contribute as well."

Imperious needed to contact Mother Mercy anyway. Two birds could be felled with a single stone. Imperious eyes narrowed in a thoughtful fashion.

"Thank you for your counsel. I need to make contact with our allies. It would be a good time for you to prepare for the trip to Corrosion."

Some time was given for Nepenthe to respond, or depart, before he asked Shi'Halal to get in contact with Lammasutu.

"May I have a moment of you time? There are a couple topics I would like to talk with you on."

Imperious waited a beat, to ensure she was able and willing to undertake discourse, before proceeding.

"I have learned that you, or your former associates, had been looking into the Oblivion Flock and the Yellow Sign. I would like to know the results of these studies."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-I have been expecting this moment-| Lamassutu says, |-and at last, it is here.

|-This is quite a question to ask. I will try to be as succinct as is possible.

|-The Oblivion Flock is a type of memetic technology—-machines without substance—-that require other machines to manifest through in order to effect change in the material universe. They are made of the same psychoplasm as thoughtforms, which primitive cultures believed were gods, angels and spirits.

|-The Yellow Sign is an Imprint—-a fundamental change to reality on a cosmic scale. By visualizing or drawing it, excess psychic power can be generated. It has an unfortunate side effect of drawing the attention of a mysterious entity called Hastur—-who, presumably, Imprinted the Yellow Sign upon existence.

|-The Yellow Sign draws upon a dimension Sunsphinx records record only as Per-5. The Oblivion Flock, meanwhile, manifests from a region of space Sunsphinx records record as ‘the Beyond’. They are independent of each other; presumably, different manufacturing facilities.-|

We have Per-5 as a destination for the Dimensional Anchor,” Shai’Halal notes.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

"Memetic technology ... like the Wyrm Tunnel. I have seen something else, on a planetary scale. I would like you to see it."

At mentioning this Lucas asked Shi'Halal to forward Lamassutu the readings they gathered from Earth-E's satellites, and the psychic machine they discovered at play involving the Yellow Sign. He thought it part of a dimensional transit system. But perhaps the Iron Enginseer would see something he did not.

"Are you able to determine if something is an Imprint, akin to the Yellow Sign? This symbol, for example ..."

... and at that Imperious directed Shi'Halal to send his own symbol to Lamassutu for her observation of the image.

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 1 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Lamassatu is silent for a time. Then:

|-Three points of note:

|-This is a beautiful planet you are showing me. It pleases me not all worlds were ruined in The Catastrophe.

|-Secondly, the memetic machine encircling this planet is exactly like an unembodied Nightjar, only spread much thinner and of much more delicate make. I suspect it is for communication, with some transportational abilities as a side-effect of it’s cosmic communications array. It is clearly processing data on a colossal scale.

|-And thirdly, analyzing an Imprint is well beyond my capacities. The Tlolkku would know more, but I would not trust their word, without due caution.-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

THough she wasn't physically present, Imperious nodded in response to Lamassutu sharing her opinion of Earth-E's beauty. He decided to share some more information about the place, since she showed an interest in it.

"The planet is Earth-E. A version of Rustdeity in another dimension. It is under threat of invasion by the Oblivion Flock's masters. As beautiful as it is, that could too easily change."

Imperious paused, ruminating over the comment the Enginseer had made about her sect having sought out the Tlolkku for studying the Yellow Sign Imprint. That didn't change what he was going to ask her. The symbol didn't need to be an Imprint, if it worked. He still needed to test it. Imperious knew a place he could do that. But it could wait. Now he was gathering information in preparation for putting a plan into motion later.

"The other matter I wanted to talk with you about concerns a software patch for synthetics. What would be the best way to make such a thing widely accessible? For example, a security update to protect against the Oblivion Flock."

OOC wrote:
Blast "Arsenal" Dynamic Array: Datalink 20 [Power Feat: Machine Control (+1 pp), Dimensional 3 (+3 pp)] ; Enhanced Skills 1 [Computers 8]
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-The Broadcast Array-| came the simple reply. |-On a global scale? The Palace of Eternity.-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Imperious was quiet after Lamassutu's response. He waited, expecting more. Detail. Information. Instructions. A name of something within the Palace of Eternity or aspect of the Broadcast Array that would be used for distribution. Something that gave him an idea of what to do. When none of that was forthcoming he made a beckoning gesture with his left hand, encouraging the Enginseer to go on. Even though she was not physically present to witness to motion of his hand.

"I suspected they would need to be used. What I need to know is ... how. I do not know the process that needs to be undertaken."

OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

Lamassutu sighs melodramatically. |-It is easy for we Enginseers to forget how tech unknowledgable most sentient beings are. I can do both. Give me the software patch and give me access to the necessary cores. I’ll do everything, from there.-|
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

A slight nod was offered after Lamassutu offered her expertise in seeing that the future software patch was disseminated.

"Thank you for your willingness to do so. I will have the software patch sent to you when it is completed."

Imperious is quiet for bit, allowing a pause between transitions in topic.

"There are concerns that the Immortals may be harmed in the event To-Ki-Oh reconnected to the main Datasphere network. Would you be willing to help look into this? I know the scope of the task is large. It is my intention to bring in additional Iconoclasts to review the matter."
OOC wrote:
Hoid

Post by Hoid »

|-On my own? Do not be ridiculous. I will need considerable assistance, at least ten other top-tier Iconoclasts. But, once I have that staff, yes, I will make it my top priority.-|