"How can you be a role model for women when you aren't even human?"
Take an HP for the robot/not human complication
DC15 Persuasion
stavaros_the_arcane

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

kenseido wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:39 pm Arca-Knight
Question 3, Success 1, Failures 1

"So, you belong to a cult whose leader is an alien who thinks he is an ascended God and sends out his worshippers to do his bidding across many worlds?"
DC15 Persuasion
Arca-Knight snorts at the wildly inaccurate implications of that statement. "While Arcanis is a very wise and powerful magical being they don't make any claims of divinity. They are far from the only powerful supernatural entity that exists, and in their own words 'merely existing while powerful is hardly grounds to be worshiped'. So a correct statement is I belong to a non-profit charitable organization specializing in magical crisis response and apocalypse aversion, founded by a very old wizard from another dimension. It's no more a cult than Red Cross International."

OOC: persuasion 1d20+2: 6 whelp with dice rolls like these there's no way I can win any of these challenges regardless of what Arca-Knight answers.
kenseido wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:41 pm Angela

Take an HP for the robot/not human complication
DC15 Persuasion
The question directed at Angela annoys Arca-Knight. "As if humans have a monopoly on virtues worth emulating." She mutters.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 1
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Shifted

Sky Guard's sky blue eyes fix on the jerk who asked that last question and gives them a stern look.

"Slaves are people."

He stated that singular sentence firmly, punctuating the word 'people', as though the journalist voicing the question had just referring to all slaves as things, incapable of being insightful or intelligent. Then he pulled his attention away from the individual and addressed the crowd. As he did so he pointed at them challengingly.

"Look to your own history and tell me what kinds of people have risen from slavery. I am sure you will find leaders among them. For wherever there is tyranny and evil, such as slavery, there will arise brave men and women to combat it."

There was a pause, both to allow those assembled to think about what he had said, but also to cool the heat in his words. When he next spoke Sky Guard had eased back on the intensity he imbued his words with.

"I have no experience in a position of leadership nor have I made any claim to leading the Guardians. You cannot take the mantle of leadership. It has to be given to you. People need to choose to follow someone, and hope their trust is rewarded with good judgement and guidance."

After this Sky Guard turns to the side and extends an arm, hand pointing back at his teammates as he mentions them.

"From what I can tell Angela is without question our leader in technological matters and Arca-Knight the head of arcane. The other members of the team also excel in areas where we will no doubt defer to them in. As for the team's over all leader, we have only just come together as a group and have yet to discuss the topic of leadership."
OOC wrote:I rolled a straight d20. Not sure if you want Persuasion or Deception for this. Again, he isn't lying, but he isn't talking about his past in detail. Sky Guard has extensive combat experience as a battle thrall. He also has a background as a singer/storyteller and so is quite charismatic. However he has no experience whatsoever as a leader.

Question #3: 1d20 16 With Persuasion that is 28. Using Deception that is 22.
Last edited by Sakuro on Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

kenseido wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:31 pm Juno

"What about the claims that you think you are a literal God?"
This comes from tabloid stories that include things like "I married Bigfoot" and the like. While there is no basis for the question in reality, it does still touch on your Complications, so take an HP.

DC15 Persuasion
persuasion: 1d20+8 28

"I'm not even going to dignify that with a response. Next?" Juno replies, dismissing it out of hand, while reminding herself to let her comrades know afterwards that they'll have to put up with Hera's company and interference in Juno's life sooner or later
"How About the claims you're a colossal douche", Juno likewise mutters at this harassment
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 0
Cnd: Fine

"Did you just suggest that all first responders have mental health disorders?"
Getting all serious sounding for a moment, Kit looks at the reporter. "Mental illness is a serious thing. Tossing accusations of people implying others have it is a pretty heavy thing to do. I get its your job to ask the hard questions and can't blame you, but have a little respect for the people with real issues. I've known some guys who had issues. It wasn't always easy for them.", says Kit while drastically changing his demeanor from chill to deadly serious.

Shifting back to a more relaxed position, he looks over all the assembled press. "First responders are a different type. I call them crazy because most people wouldn't jump into a burning building to save a kid stuck inside or bust into a building to save hostages. Ask any of them from whatever communities you come from and you'll hear about the rush. Its that rush that gets them past the whole possibly of death thing. Even the people with good intentions need something to get them going. So yeah, I say its crazy to be a first responder, but crazy in a good way. They way that saves lives.", says Kit.

Pausing for a moment, he continues again past just a simple response. "Hey, we're a new team. its not like we're the big teams or even a smaller one thats been around a while. All of us have our past and issues. Whats going to matter is how we deliver and prove to the people of the Gulf Coast that we will protect them. Not expecting softball questions or anything, but at least give us some rope before hanging us as screw ups or worse.", implores Kit.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 0 LP: 0
Condition: Normal

kenseido wrote: Taheka
Question 3, Success 2, Failures 0

"Are you saying you're a mutant then? Have you been tested?"

"What? No of course I am not a mutant" Tamati replied sounding a little exasperated at the line of the questions he was receiving, it certainly wasn't what he was expecting to receive before he stepped behind the podium.

"And no I haven't been tested either as if that would make any difference in the type of hero I want to be."

Getting caught up in the moment Tamati ploughhed on his accent becoming more and more noticable "And to be honest mate does it really matter if my abilities are from some gift, struck by lightning or whatever, isn't it more important what I chose do with them like to help say you or you or even you there at the back."

Taheka Persuasion: 1d20+2 9
My good luck had to run out sometime :(
{/quote]
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 1 +1 (complication) = 2

Angela puts a hand on Arca-Knight's shoulder. As if to say: it's alright, it's fine; she knows how to deal with this.

"If a machine, an Angel Android, can learn the worth of human virtues, perhaps people can too," Angela says simply.

She does not like the tone of the press. Some of the questions are deliberately designed to antagonize. Outright calling Sky Guard a slave, insinuating Taheka is a mutant, trying to twist Kit's words... A hidden enemy, perhaps? Someone pulling strings to ruin the team's good name? She was going to have to get Bryan to look into this.

Angela wonders if there is a way to end the press conference gracefully, and on a note that neither suggests they are shrinking back from questioning nor antagonizes the media. "I know we're newly-formed and our strange origins may give others pause," she says. "But we hope to prove our worth through actions instead of words. We have just weathered a surprise attack on our official debut, and we will punish further attacks on ourselves and the people." She smiles brilliantly.

OOC
1d20+5: 16 [1d20=11]
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Kit
Question 4, Success 3 (Passed), Failures 0

"A police officer who proves himself dangerous to other officers is fired and would not be hired anywhere. What would your previous team - the ones you nearly got killed - say about you being on another team?"
Persuasion DC20
Last edited by kenseido on Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Skyguard
Question 4, Success 3 (Passed), Failures 0

"Why would you agree to work with a businessman like Sanzel who is known to be corrupt, having bribed inspectors which led to the latest oil spill in the Gulf that several heroes nearly died preventing from killing millions of sea life and more than a few people?"
Persuasion DC25
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Juno
Question 4, Success 2, Failures 1

"Seriously, though, two mothers, no father, your nothing but a fraud by your parents to try to sell female power to the masses. You can't seriously expect people to take you seriously, do you?"
Insight DC15 check to see that the reporter's goal is for you to lose your temper. Pass and don't give him the satisfaction is a success.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Taheka

"The difference is if you are some sort of mutant or magical creature, there could be super-powered relatives looking you up and causing trouble for the people of New Orleans. How do we know we can trust you not to bring more trouble to New Orleans?"
Persuasion DC20
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Arca-Knight
Question 4, Success 1, Failures 2

"Except the Red Cross doesn't believe their leader has ascended to a higher plane of existence. Or have spells that can blow up cars and tanks. So what happens when your Arca-Knight rules conflict with local laws?"
Persuasion DC15
Last edited by kenseido on Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Angela

"Maybe you shouldn't reference that movie when you are the AI creation of a famous supervillain. And this 'impromptu' attack was obviously convenient. A team of mercenaries attacks out of the blue which you easily mop up. You don't actually think you are fooling anyone here do you? At least show the people of New Orleans the respect by telling the truth."
Persuasion DC20
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 1->0
Cnd: Fine

"A police officer who proves himself dangerous to other officers is fired and would not be hired anywhere. What would your previous team - the ones you nearly got killed - say about you being on another team?"
"I'd like to say they be ok with it, but hey can't do much for the past. Dangerous cops get rehired sometimes y'know? From the sound of how you all are treating us, this is starting to sound more and more like a hearing for fitness on being a cop again. The questions from all of you are starting to get a bit harsh really. Playing the two mothers card, as if that is still the type of thing you can say without coming across as ignorant is just a low blow. Just assuming that because one of us isn't quite like the rest means we'll bring bad stuff is straight out of old and darker times. One of you even went as low to accuse us of lying. Sounds like a ploy from cop movies to trip up someone just trying to do some good to me.", says Kit shifting his attention to the wider press.

Taking a more conciliatory tone, he adds some additional remarks. "I've been in the business. I get it. Theres been more than a few pressers where I had been accused of some of the worst things you can imagine just because I was stupid in the past and the reporter needed a good story. So yeah, we are the new heroes in town, so not expecting a parade or anything like that. Before running off and publishing a story on how any of us are going to be the end of some way of life or other sensational headline, just give us a chance yeah?", asks Kit.
Persuasion 14, it was bound to happen
Reroll of 25
Last edited by mrdent12 on Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
kreuzritter

Post by kreuzritter »

kenseido wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:48 am Juno

"Seriously, though, two mothers, no father, your nothing but a fraud by your parents to try to sell female power to the masses. You can't seriously expect people to take you seriously, do you?"
Insight DC15 check to see that the reporter's goal is for you to lose your temper. Pass and don't give him the satisfaction is a success.
insight: 1d20+8 18
"I can't lie, that would be nice for a change," Juno says, "But we can't always get what we want."