For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Power Play

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard
HP: 5
Cnd: Healthy
Favored Environment: Defense Focus [24 to hit]

Ven offered a slight nod in response to Kit as he made his decision. He gave there other man a look that said 'he's your responsibility now'. Quietly he listened to the following discourse. After all was said and done Sky Guard glanced over his shoulder in the direction Angela and Torako had gone. Raising his voice, he makes it easy to hear him for both the people near him, and the two women outside the room having their private conversation.

"Let's discuss how we want to handle this at the Guard House."

At that he looks back to Kit, and makes an inviting gesture. As though that were the teleporter's que.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman
HP: 1
Cnd: Fine and Dandy

Kit nods on the exit idea and opens up a portal into the main room of the HQ. "If there is no more questions, enjoy waiting for the pizza.", quipped Kit.

Upon arrival back at the HQ, Kit excused himself for a moment and popped back into his room to change. After, he left a quick tip on the anonymous tip line about the leaders location and upcoming meeting saying the Guardians are already planning to show up. Once done, he appears back on a sofa lounging again.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

You arrive back at your base to two complete strangers having an argument. One, is a man in his fifties wearing a suit and holding several manilla folders each with what looks like a ream of paper in it. The other is a man of his early twenties wearing jeans and a turtle neck. Kit, you recognize the young man as Liam Taggert, son of a now-deceased super-villain Locust. Liam was one of the founding members of the Champions out in Phoenix Bay before he left to take over his father's business after the entire Board of Directors was indicted for a dozen crimes.

"The Patriot Act says that any costumed freaks that want to play 'hero' need government clearance. You don't have a choice, Taggert!"

"Government clearance, yes; but not from you." Liam hands him a piece of paper.

"FEMA can't certify them!"

"Oh, but they can." He hands him another piece of paper.

The older man turns three shades of red and a vein on the side of his neck is bulging so badly, a vampire could see it from space. He looks around and notices all of you there. "THIS. ISN'T. OVER." He turns and storms to the front door. Liam follows him to the door.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

Popping back into the living room in jeans, a white shirt given to him by the roadies union, and new shoes he tilts his ear towards the conversation. Kit gives a wave to Liam who doubtless saw the portal open in the background. "Nice to see you Liam. Next time come over when we aren't off fighting crime and saving the city.", says Kit nonchalantly. The conversation was clearly an intense one and Kit had no desire to get in the middle of it. Paperwork nonsense and such. Registration and all that got in the way of real hero work.
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

Tamati "Taheka" Stevens
HP: 2 LP: 1
Condition: Normal

Considering the size of the vein on the older guys neck and his unusual shade of colour, Tamati almost offered to ask if he needed a doctor but got a vibe it wouldn't be received well.

So other guy is Liam and Kit knows him from somewhere.

"Kia ora, that looked tense." Tamati asked enquiringly.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard

Inside the Guard House Ven rolls his shoulders and shifts his white feathered wings behind his back. Regardless of the building, it felt cramped being indoors. He'd barely had time to finish that thought before the sound of two men arguing drew his attention. Walking to within line of sight of the scene he watched the exchange play out. At the older man's declaration that something wasn't over, Sky Guard raised an inquiring eyebrow. He was gone and Kit had returned to greet Liam when Sky Guard voiced his query.

"What just happened here ... and for what reason have you come visiting Liam?"
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Hey, Kit. Yeah, that's like never, right?" Liam responds to the teleporter.

He then turns to Ven. "Ven, right? I had hoped to introduce myself in better circumstances. Since you all are on a case, I will make this quick." He looks over the whole group, stopping briefly as Torako before moving on.

"I am Liam Taggert, and I helped Gary fund this little enterprise. I was going to play the silent partner role, but AEGIS tried to put my company out of business, so the gloves are off.

"AEGIS has been trying to put the screws to all the hero groups recently. They have been caught using illegal surveillance against most of them, and since I heard Gamble there was going to try to deliver his paperwork while you were out, I let myself in to prevent any BS."

"Since you are busy, I can show myself out. Here's my number if you need anything." He places a card down on the table.

If nobody has any questions for him, he leaves.
Ysariel

Re: [IC] AA: Gulf Coast Guardians - Housewarming

Post by Ysariel »

Angela
HP: 2
Condition: Normal

Angela listens, standing in the cold night air, glowing strands of hair fluttering in the breeze. Really, she thought Torako had dealt with matters pretty well: she had cooperated with the authorities and not only made an immediate, clean break with Oleander, but also done everything in her power to eliminate her organization. She can sympathise. To awake with no memory, no sense of self, to trust someone utterly - and then to realize that person was utterly morally bankrupt, to rebel and seek to undo everything of his or hers. Angela had gone through all of that, and knew how it felt. She knew that terrible, burning hunger for justice.

But when she opens her mouth to speak, words fail her. Her verbal-rhetorical algorithms have no answer for the question of what to say. Anything support she could offer would be just empty platitudes. After all, unlike Torako, she had been lucky enough to see through Doc Otaku before he could make her do anything really morally reprehensible. She was the one fortunate enough to have a clean conscience. She didn't have to struggle with guilt or regret.

Instead, all Angela does is listen.

"Nobody dies," she agrees at last. She can hear the capital letters in that statement. "Dying is too cheap a punishment for some."

"Come," Angela nods over her shoulder at Sky Guard, then turns back to Torako. "Let's get back to base with the others."

"Well, thanks for letting us know the feds are up to no good," Angela says. She glances at Liam's contact card, digitizes the information and adds it to her contacts list in the blink of an eye. Then something strikes her.

"Is that why the press has been so nasty recently? There were some very, ahh, aggressive reporters at the press conference we had lately. And there was a weird bit where some West Coast villains showed up to try and fight us then, too. You think AEGIS is egging them on or something?" While they might be unrelated, Force Worx showing up did make a bit more sense now given Liam's connections to the group.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"Uhh, I don't know. The press, maybe, but Force Worx, I doubt it. I don't know everything they are up to; just that they aren't playing fair with heroes and Gamble was up to something."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard

A slight nod is given to confirm that he was indeed called Ven, without going into the intricacies of his people's naming conventions. After Liam explained the situation he looked past the man, and in the direction the older fellow had departed in. His gaze lingered a couple second sbefore returning to Liam as he addressed one of the team's sponsors.

"Thank you for your intervention and assistance in the AEGIS situation. It is good to know where they stand in relation to the Guardians."

When he noticed that Liam's eyes lingered on the likely less familiar flying feminine feline, Sky Guard looked between Torako and Liam. THen he gestured to the woman.

"This is Torako. She is assisting us in our present mission."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

"No problem," Liam says. "Not everyone at AEGIS is hostile, but it seems to be a growing trend. And Gamble is particularly nasty. He was recently demoted for trying to illegally confiscate some tech from a friend of mine."

He then nods at the introduction of Torako.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

"Aegis always gets in the way. Don't get me wrong, they do good too, but they aren't substitutes for heroes. I almost got pulled in by them a couple times back in my former hero days for some of my antics. Turns out, teleporting away from them and having family pull some strings helps out. Keep fighting the good fight.", remarks Kit.

As if bad guys weren't enough, now the government was a possible adversary to doing stuff. All the more reason to get chummy with the locals.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Sky Guard

"It is good to have met you Liam."

… Sky Guard begins to bid the man fairwell, before looking over his companions to see if any of them were inclined to make inquiries or open up discussion with Liam that was not casual banter or politics. Ven wanted to keep the group focused, but he didn't desire to silence another's voice if they felt a need to speak.

"Unless there is anything pressing any of you would like to address with our visitor, we should get back to work."
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

All

With no further questions, Liam leaves you to plan for the gang summit.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kit Ferryman

"So, about the meeting. We show up, fall into a likely trap and fight our way out yeah? Everyone has a good time and the bad people go to jail. Maybe some of focus on this super the Black Rose has.", says Kit once Liam leaves. It's what he would do in the past. Something told him though that others weren't into that sort of stuff.