Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Doctor Malsyn

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
HP: 1
-o-O-o-

'Should we even be helping?' Ryou wondered to himself more privately.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"The real question is, can we help without getting in the way of those who are in charge of investigating this sort of thing? The last thing we should be doing is blundering into their operations and ruining everything." she said slowly, honestly trying to work through the ramifications of the "project".
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

M'Att looked at Helena, his eyes widening at her reasoning. Was it the surprise at the line of reasoning or who it was coming from that caused the reaction ?

OOC: :P
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

M'Att wasn't alone in their wide eyed reaction. When was Helena ever the type to act so rational and cautious? Maybe she found a brain slug somewhere in the embassy.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"What?" she asked, seeing the confusion. "These people are dangerous. We've seen that and they have no problem hurting or killing our friends. It also stands to reason that somebody on our end of things is looking into it. If we go willy-nilly into the situation, we could ruin everything and put our friends into even more danger. I'd like to avoid that."

If CJ or M'att poked in Helena's mind, they would see that the exuberant girl was very worried. These villains were playing for keeps and the last battle certainly drove that knowledge home. Getting almost killed by a stinking, pointy-eared, elf sniper can shake some sense into one after all. She was going to collect that nasty thing's ears if she had her way.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

" Have you yourselves noticed anything unusual before the attack or before our guests arrived? Anything out of the ordi...no, wait...anything out of place?" Halsey asks. " We've noticed that this shadowy group is quite adept at infiltration."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl shook her head. "No, not really. We live on a island full of empowered kids and teachers and my home is New Mechanisburg. I can't vouch for the others, but I've been told my idea of 'ordinary', 'in place' and 'normal' is kinda skewed."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"They've only arrived on Earth a few days ago. And most of us are new students at the academy so it's difficult for us to access what is or isn't out of place," CJ says.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

M'Att looked at Ryou...
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Normal

Anna remained slouched against the wall, for all intents and purposes she seemed to be ignoring the discussion. But when there was a pause, she spoke up. "One of them was following us, and got spotted- the normal looking one. He called the others in when we broke our pattern- which suggests they thought they knew we were headed here. He wasn't on the boat with us, but he might have picked us up before we split, when we were with the larger group. Which may suggest that they knew when we were arriving, and where."

>OOC: I forget WHO spotted him initially (maybe Helena?) and I think its on the old site, which I can't access.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

>OOC: CJ can detect danger (not the same as danger sense). She spotted him.

CJ says, "We never did get a good look at their sniper. He's the one that got away."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

Seeing M'Att look at him from the corner of his eye, Ryou meets his gaze and offers a shrug. He really didn't have any more information to offer here then anyone else did already.
------------
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"I did, he was a stinking elf." she said with a scowl. "Remember? He shot me." she said, producing a credible image of the sniper from pure light, in classic bow-sniper pose.

ooc
Helena did get a good look. She was the one that confronted and scolded him.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

CJ

"Okay, still, he got away so they now not only know they failed, they also have an assessment of our abilities for next time. If there is a next time." CJ says.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"There will be." Helena said cheerfully. "Question is, can we turn the 'will be' into our advantage?" she asked. "We know these blackguards are after our friends and are monitoring us somehow. Either by somebody on the inside or through clairvoyance or other sneakery." she looked at the others.

"That means, we probably all need to be thoroughly looked over to eliminate the usual possibilities. Teachers included." she shook her head. "At this point, there could even be literal sleeper agents involved, people who are doing bad things without being aware of it. That's what I'm afraid of." she let the light figurine in her hand dissolve into motes of energy that dissappated into the ambient light of the room.

"If it makes people feel better, I volunteer to go first." she shook her head. "Heck with all of the powers involved, we could even by spied on by things like that Rita Skeeter Animagus and wouldn't know it unless we looked for it specific." she said, remembering that tidbit of information from the Harry Potter Books.

"

Battle Init