Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Given that the elevators are in lockdown during an emergency alert, you have to take the stairs - which can be quite taxing, given that you ascend more than 10 stories. Finally, the group brings you to an office, larger than the room you were fightng in. It has a stunning view of the city, showing exactly how much New York has changed during the Merge, with Stark drones, the new Avengers tower and even the occasional flying hero or flying car flitting through the air.
Behind the desk sits a man in maybe his 50s with dark brown skin and a build that speaks of an ex-soldier background.
On the desk, a small plaque reads, " David Anderson"
Bladewind

Re: Young Hero initiative: Full of Sound and Fury (IC - transfer from Roninarmy)

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian
Condition: Normal
HP: 0

”Mr Anderson.” M'Att says with no apparent irony or sarcasm in reference to a certain movie... "We appreciate you taking the time to see us.

"What light can you shed on the situation?”

M'Att may not fully understand the ways of non-shifters, but even he thinks it odd that Anderson remains in his office with no apparent guards or defenses. He takes a moment to "ping" the man's surface thoughts and scan the area.

OOC - Detect Life, Accurate, Acute, Analytical, Extended, Radius
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

Ryou stood carefully and respectfully behind "Manhunter", as if he really was who he said he was. There was an inkling of a suspicion of why he wanted to do this, but the certainties would have to wait until much later then this. In the meantime he kept his eyes forward, giving a slight bow to the man at the desk, and tried to interpret the way his skin tingled in this man's presence. Even if he didn't feel like an Exdee, that could be helpful as well. Haysley didn't feel like one either when he should've. It all depended on who exactly this man was supposed to be in the first place.

OOC: Accurate Acute Analytical Radial Merge Awareness
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

To Ryou's senses, Anderson does feel like an X-D, like a permanent irritant on the skin of a world that is only very slowly healing from its wounds.

Anderson stands up and gives a salute, probably out of instinct. " I cannot state how absolutely disastrous the whole situation has been. Apparently, whoever replaced Mr. Halsey had means of obscuring his nature. Our security protocols need a complete overhaul."

M'att's scan shows that yes, he is fully alive.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian

M'Att nods, to keep up his ruse.

”Fair.” He looks off a bit as if lost in thought (or communicating with someone miles away...) "I've noticed that those I've been accompanying have largely been kept in the dark as to the nature of the role those they've been charged with protecting. I believe that the time has come for them to be told.

"However, it is not in my mandate to do so.”
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Anderson sighs. " You're probably right. It's the Singularity Alliance. The Terminators prove that they're behind all this", he says as if that's supposed to mean something to J'onn/M'att.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Mergebane
-o-O-o-

Ryou took that as his cew to be the inqusitive in the dark teenager he was. "Singularity Aliance? Andersan-sama, what is that exactly?"
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

"I take it they aren't very nice." she said dryly. "Killing our friends and trying to hurt them and all is a good clue there."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian

”CJ, can you find a way to contact a Starkbot? We need Justice League or Avenger level back-up.”

M'Att knows he can't keep this up much longer without a new source of intel...

"So, as I was indicating, efforts to protect the Envoys have proven inadequate." That's a simple statement, not an accusation, "And the plan to have them blend in with other students capable of protecting against most mundane threats so as to draw less attention has worked, moderately well.

"How do you propose we move forward from here?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

M'Att feels a shudder of horror at the mention of finding a Starkbot. "I don't know. I don't think they have a mental presence. I don't want to reveal where we are and I don't want to leave our charges alone. I believe the police are coming to my location, I suppose they might be able to do this." CJ sends.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

The girl floated forward. "Forgive us sir, but neither Mergebane nor I know what this Singularity Aliance is. Telling us would be nice."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

Anderson sighs. " Keeping this under wraps any longer would make no sense and could endanger you, so I guess I'll better make sure you are in the know. You probably know that it was not just organic species that made it through the Merge. There are numerous sentient synthetic and biomechanical lifeforms that also made it through. And for some reason, many of them had a problem with organic beings. I know that remnants of the Federation and the Alliance are doing their best to broker peace, but it hasn't always worked.
The Singularity Alliance is a loose but horrifyingly powerful affiliation of numerous machine-lifeforms that seek to isolate the organic species of the galaxy and beyond in order to gain total supremacy and then transcend the bounds of this universe. Among their numbers are remnants of the Reapers, the Borg, Mechanoids, the machines that ran the Matrix, several A.Is like Deus, SKYNET, ARCHIE-3, SHODAN and the TITANS..."
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Featherweight
HP: 0; LP: 0; Condition: Normal
-Form: Full insubstantial (affected by magic)

Anna trailed along behind the group as they made their way up the stairs and to Anderson's office- from time to time she would solidify, at least partially, long enough to take a breath. Once inside the office, she drifted off along the side of the room, towards the windows. She kept most of her attention outwards, watching the sky- at this point she half-expected some kind of attack ship to come flying out of nowhere.

When Anderson spoke, she turned to look at him for a moment- she remembered a story her parents had told her about when the Danger Room's AI had developed sentience. What a trial THAT had been- and this was a whole allied network of hostile computers and killer robots, although few of the names were familiar to her. As her grandparents liked to say "Oy vey! Such a mess."

>OOC: Job search/stress is (hopefully) mostly resolved. Trying to get back in the swing of things.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Kid Martian

M'Att/ J'Onn nods sagelyé

”Understood CJ, we might actually be okay. Keep this line open.”

M'Att's stoic face as the Manhunter doesn't betray his relief at Anderson's openness.

He glanced at Featherweight, wanting to to send her a mental message, but reluctant to do so because of earlier exchanges... He wanted to ask why putting a group of young adults in the middle of this benefitted and why these particular charges were so important. But that would give up his ruse...

”Helena, ask why the group we were accompanying were of such importance.”

OOC - occurs I never explicitly said... italic speech is telepathic.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Helena

”Helena, ask why the group we were accompanying were of such importance.”
"Why are these children we're protecting of such importance? It can't just be a good will ambassadorship type thing." she said.

Battle Init