Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: Fox in the Hole (One Shot) IC Thread

Post by jmucchiello »

"Anything happen here while we were gone?" Breach asks innocently.

deception: 1d20+15 25 (Haven't used it yet. Need to warm it up before we hit the place.)
Camus

Scylla

Post by Camus »

"Nothing really. A young naive girl wanted to chat." Scylla says amidst getting dressed.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

jmucchiello wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:55 pm "Anything happen here while we were gone?" Breach asks innocently.

deception: 1d20+15 25 (Haven't used it yet. Need to warm it up before we hit the place.)
[OOC: Looking over your character sheet, only a nat 20 on insight would allow you to detect her deception. Then again, insight into other's actions and thoughts really isn't Scylla's style.]
Doctor Malsyn wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:14 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
HP: 2
-~-

Vincent cupped his chin in interest as he walked briskly towards the others of his team. "Hm. Seems the little girl's imaginary friend isn't so imaginary after all." The spiritualist side of him found the idea of another potential medium with a spirit tied to them truly interesting, especially at such a young age. He didn't do that sort of work anymore, though. Doesn't pay the bills quite as well as it did a few years ago. Perhaps, after this job was finished, he could seek her out again. Rhionnan, was it? He'd remember that name.

The mother, though... What did she mean by 'she'd have to rescue you'? Her attire clearly labeled her as being being part of a local news-team, and those aren't exactly the type you expect going around 'rescuing' people. Something didn't sit right about that with him, so he put the White Lady to tail her for the time being. One could never be too cautious.
The grandmother, Eryn, embraced her granddaughter Rhionnan, a smile ear to ear. "Another adventure aye?"

"Yes mother." Ashling began. "Another one of her adventures. This time with some weirdo strippers. I swear, sometimes I think I should move somewhere more wholesome."

Rhionnan butted in, "she still won't believe me about Cassidy." Ashling rolled her eyes.

"She never has been one to listen to the old stories." Eryn replied.

"Your old stories will get my daughter kidnapped off the street. There is nothing special about our family. No guardians, no spirits, no luck."

"Of course not dear. Nothing in your life is due to luck. Not your running into the manager of studio 5, not finding that apartment at below market value, not how you got away from that abusive..."

"We don't talk about him in front of my daughter." Ashling interjected. "Anyway, I got out of that bad situation myself. I got the producer job because I am qualified. You make it sound like everything I do has no meaning."

"Honey. Tha' isn't how luck works. Luck gives you the opportunity. You still have to take it."

"Anyway, enough about this superstitious nonsense. I have to keep us in the real world, and in the real world my self-defense class is in an hour across town. Then I have to get to the producers' meeting at studio 5" Ashling reached into her purse and fished out twenty dollars. "For the food."

Eryn pushed the money away. "Time with my garinion is my payment and joy."

Ashling put the money firmly into her hand. "Please stop filling my daughter's head with this nonsense. I never believed it, and I don't want to find her one day waiting on providence to rescue her."

Eryn smiled and kissed her daughter. "We'll be fine. You go. Your job awaits." With that Ashling walked her mother and daughter to the door of an Uber.

"You take good care of them or I'll have your hide." Ashling said with a smile. The driver gave a fake smile of his own and drove off.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Within a short few minutes Vincent finally makes his way toward the girls again. His voice is rather dry when he speaks. "I see you've managed to keep out of trouble. Well done."

Tucking the bag he was holding under his arm, he opened it and withdrew some clothes similar to what Breach had purchased initially, tossing them to the alien. "Here, put these on. You'll blend in better with humans that way instead of literally looking like you escaped some government research facility or prison. We don't want anyone getting the right idea or anything."

In the back of his mind, he quietly watched the family part ways with each-other, listening long enough to learn their address for possible use later. Afterwards, she resumes tagging along behind Ashling, intent on doing so until her master was fully satisfied in his paranoia.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Doctor Malsyn wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:42 am Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Within a short few minutes Vincent finally makes his way toward the girls again. His voice is rather dry when he speaks. "I see you've managed to keep out of trouble. Well done."

Tucking the bag he was holding under his arm, he opened it and withdrew some clothes similar to what Breach had purchased initially, tossing them to the alien. "Here, put these on. You'll blend in better with humans that way instead of literally looking like you escaped some government research facility or prison. We don't want anyone getting the right idea or anything."

In the back of his mind, he quietly watched the family part ways with each-other, listening long enough to learn their address for possible use later. Afterwards, she resumes tagging along behind Ashling, intent on doing so until her master was fully satisfied in his paranoia.
Massari inspects the clothes you've given her, sniffing them and then trying them on. "This is much better than those clothes I was made to wear in that cell." Massari practically purrs in enjoyment of the soft fabric. She is still clearly not human, but not recognizably so anymore.

Meanwhile Ashling walks to her own car. She picks up the phone and makes a call. She begins talking about a pitch for a story, relaying her interaction with strippers talking to her daughter. It wouldn't make Powers Hour, but the nightly news would probably be able to an expose' on problems with legal strip clubs and their proximity to family centers. She puts the call on hands-free as she pulls out of the complex. The talk continues regarding who would be placed on the story, and then shifted to contract negotiations. You start to get the impression that the producers of your show likely talked candidly (and unflatteringly) about you back in your hay-day.

Just on the edge of your vision, she pulls into a Krav-Maga training center. Ashling gets out of the car, saying goodbye before she went. Inside, her trainer greets her saying "My favorite student". From his tone, you get the impression that she isn't his only favorite. Regardless, she is pretty competent in hand to hand. Nothing on your level, but definitely good enough to stop the average criminal.

She hits her trainer in the head hard. "Ah... lucky strike."

"There is nothing lucky about it." Ashling tenses up and begins another volley in her sparring match.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Poltergeist | Vincent Katz
-~-

Vincent sighs in the end, his shoulders loosing some tension. By the looks of things this reporter wasn't turning out to be anyone they should actually be worrying about, so he promptly decided to recall the White Lady back to his soul. With nothing dangerous to report on the family either, he decides to not even bring up his spirits spying around. "Well," He starts. "I think it's time we get moving. Our first step is going to be that morgue where that agent they recovered is being kept. With any luck, their lingering spirit will be able to give us some inside information they never managed to communicate."
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[OOC: Reminder, Breach still hasn't bought her knives. You also have the time to gear up with anything else you might want (phones for communication, computers for research, etc...)]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

[ooc: I thought she did. Three pages ago, Vincent and Breach were talking about finalizing their purchases. I assumed that was everything we needed. When the kid arrived, she would have told Vincent to go rescue the kid while she makes additional purchases.]
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

[Ooc: quote from you guys "Breach, we can leave the... 'extracurricular shopping' for after we've secured presentable clothes for all four of us."]
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

[ooc: yes, but I still thought that happened. As I said, Breach might be worried about the kid. But she cares far more about herself and she feels naked without those knives. And she knows time is of the essence here. So she would not have left the mall without them. She also would not have left the mall without a no-plan cell phone but that's a different issue. If you insist, she will suggest splitting up.]
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

We can retcon it in for expediency's sake. Give me a list of items you want to buy and I'll give you a price.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(Breach carries knives that she throws. So throwing knives. Biokinetic energy actually makes them dangerous to supers. Otherwise they're just knives. There's no limitation on the character sheet that she has a limited number so I have no idea how many she actually carries. Heck she can even do trick shots with them. She also wants a cell phone in case she needs to give out a phone number at the club. That's it. Having over $6000 should cover it.)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Let's say ten knives that you can stash as you please at $30 apiece (well made, balanced throwing knives. Nothing special about them). I am not sure what biokinetic energy means in this context (living movement?). If you want something a bit more high-tech, make a luck roll to see if you can find it. Four cell phones with plans will cost $50 each ($200 total). You could use them for basic info gathering as well (pictures, internet searches, etc...). If you are looking for hacking equipment, you need a computer at $300-$1500.

Without the computer, we have $500. With the computer we have $800-$2000. You also have a paralytic toxin. I am assuming you can make that yourself. If you need supplies, you can source that.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(The special effect of Breach's ranged attack is a "charged up" plain old knife. She is the special tech thing. She's filled with nanobots. They do all the work. She just needs the mass so she can throw it and do real damage at a distance. The paralytic toxin is also made by the nanobots. Breach has no plans to carry a computer around. If she needs to hack, she'll hack the computer sitting there. $500.)
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Adjust your inventory accordingly