Small Town Heroes: Inactive

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
MrTweedy

Re: Small Town Heroes (OOC/Recruitment Closed)

Post by MrTweedy »

Pathfinderq1, there are about 30 students in the freshman class alongside you (about 200 in the school in total). AJ would recognise a few students here and there (some which she may not have realised with supernaturals). Beyond hovering you haven't seen any 'proper' flight, but that does not mean there isn't any present.

You would spot two students that AJ recognises: Patrick, a student you didn't know was a super. He actually hangs around in the same neighbourhood as the junkyard. He's not a 'bad guy', but he does get into a lot of fights.

The second is a girl named Mia. Mia is from the gated community, but spends a lot of time in town with her lackeys. Something of a bully, AJ has never seen her power, but knows that she is powerful.

I'll give it a couple more days before starting the tests again, so if anyone wants to do anything more with rp, let me know.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya's not the suuuper outgoing type, so she's happy by the tree snacking on her energy bar. But she won't turn away the company either while the tests are on break.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

jmucchiello, I'm not sure if you saw it, but there is an rp post for you in the ic.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sorry for the delay, I'm going to try and sort a post in the ic for tomorrow.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Ok you lot, I think it's about time for a bit of combat in this game! As mentioned in the ic, the focus will be close combat (using fighting), but as usual powers to help with the fighting are encouraged. As the pairings are random, I'm going to list them below with the dice rolls. Each character is assigned a number as seen below. From there I'm rolling for each character moving down the list to see who they are fighting untill everyone is assigned (saves you guys a bit of time).

1. Vil
2. JD
3. Sarah
4. Maya
5. John
6. Allison

Match 1: Vil vs. JD
Match 2: Sarah vs. John
Match 3: Maya vs. Alison

Vil Dice Roll: 1d6 2
Sarah Dice Roll: 1d6 5

That's actually worked out quite well if you ask me. Everyone can roll initiative to see who goes first in their bout. My current intention is to limit the combat to 4 rounds (2 rounds for each fighter) so that we can get to the other tests before too long. However if you guys want to run the full fight, I am more than happy to go with that.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Gym Combat:

1. JD, initiative 23
2. Vil, Initiative 12

1. Sarah, initiative 15
2. John, initiative 10

1. Maya, initiative 19
2. AJ, initiative 11
Last edited by MrTweedy on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Sorry for the delay, work has been pretty hectic, I'll be going over the ic tomorrow.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Hawk I still need your initative, the rest of you can proceed with your combat when ready.

Flynnarrel, I've been going over whether the dome should have reaction damage or not, and I think as stonework's doesn't have the damage modifier that it wouldn't be fair to let it have the reaction damage. If anyone else has any experience on this I'd be happy to hear their view on it.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

MrTweedy wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:04 am Hawk I still need your initative, the rest of you can proceed with your combat when ready.
It is on my last In character post.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

You got it. He still made it look like it has spikes cuz it might give Vil pause.
"Something pithy this way comes."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Hawk, sorry, missed it there.

In the mean time, Hawk, CaptainKaulu and Pathfinderq1, feel free to take your turns when ready. :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Just as an aside, while it can be gm discression, strength checks usually only come into play when something opposing your ability to simply lift anything within your carrying capacity.

Example: lifting a parked car shouldn't be an issue if you have enough strength to lift the weight. Preventing a car from driving away from you might require a check though as it is pulling away from you.

Lifting a desk off the ground should be easy, but if it's bolted down you may need a strength check to rip it from of its anchors.

And lastly, deadlifting a dumbbell is simple, unless someone else is actively pushing it against your lift through strength, telekinesis or what have you.
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Hawk: you don't make an attack roll with area attacks. Enemy makes a dodge save to reduce the effect then tries to resist.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

EpicEclipse wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:45 pm Hawk: you don't make an attack roll with area attacks. Enemy makes a dodge save to reduce the effect then tries to resist.
Thanks. :)
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

That's two rounds done for AJ and Maya, and noone managed to get in need of medical attention. Job well done. :P