Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey debated for a moment on how much of her past to reveal.

"Well, I haven't exactly been a model student or daughter. I've had some difficulty with the cops. I didn't hurt anyone or anything. Just a little theft and property damage. I think the actual term was grand larceny. Anyway, I had to go away for awhile and now they gave me a second chance. I'm not a bad person, I just have some issues to deal with. They made me sign up for counseling. "
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle /LAKOTA

The last few days rolled one into another, school and home. John's eidetic memory had made his class and home work easier for him, than for some others. His extra time he spent either playing his guitar, or working with his dad on some projects around the house. His dad was incredibly knowledgeable with engineering and technology, and John loved to pick his brain about things.

The bus ride to school had been uneventful, and John was one of the last ones off. Stepping into the parking lot, he spotted J.D. talking with a couple of people. John pushed the hair out of his eyes, and walked up to say "J.D. My man, how is it going? Who are your friends?" John will introduce himself. John White Eagle, nice to meet you."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

JD doesn't seem like he knows how to respond to Audrey's circumstances. John showing up saved him. "John, this is Sarah's new look. And Audrey here has just been on the quiet side since her first day, ironic, given her powers, but she has English Lit with us."
"Something pithy this way comes."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe

May you live in interesting times.
Last night had been... interesting.

She had actually manged to sit down long enough to start working on her homework. It was hard going, the letters and numbers kept swimming in front of her eyes and they were hard to pin down. But she finally managed to actually get into the groove.

Then Melissa came back home from Reno.
Two days later than planned.
And.. Meghan wasn't too sure, but she thought that the guy that came home with Melissa wasn't the guy that she had gone on the trip with. They all tended to blend together at some point.

Melissa had then started to do just that with her Mr Right Now. Flesh. Fluids. Ew.
It got worse when New Guy stared staring at 'Mel's pretty roomate'.
And then worse again when Mel started screaming at her ummm.. 'roommate' for trying to steal her man.

Yeah, screw that noise. Meghan tried to grab up as much of her homework, and at least her shoes and had to take off.

So, here she was now, smelling like a locker room, grungy from the previous day, and in the same clothing that she left school in yesterday.

Why was she doing this whole school thing again?

But know what, she had some people that she looked forward to at school.

Trying to act like nothing was happening, she waved and grinned to her new friends. But kept her distance in an effort to avoid offending their noses.

"Hey guys! Mornings!"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey sensed that JD was uncomfortable. She was used to that reaction from people. She sighed. Yep, she screwed this up again.

"Hey JD, sorry about all that. Just thought you should know what to expect with me. Honestly, no big deal. I'm used to it by now. I promise I won't screw you guys over with my behaviour. I just have some family issues to deal with, that's all."

Turning to face John, Audrey introduces herself.

"I'm Audrey Yates, school troublemaker. At least what you might have heard. There's a little bit of truth to that but I'm not as bad as the rumors make me out to be."

Audrey pouts and continues.

"I'm sorry if I sound so defensive and angry. It's just I'm tired of teachers and other people treating me based on a few things I did in the past. That and always comparing me to my perfect sister."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

"Hey," JD raises hands in placation and minor surrender, "We've all got family troubles an' don't *I* know it. An' we've all got pasts. Not like yours, but they're all just different shades of troubles. All of us. An' for the record, I don't much care for your sister, she's hard to look at, always shinin' like that." JD says, his deep Southern accent getting thicker in his hasty speech.

"Speakin' of troubles... Meghan, you look like you could use an energy pop. If'n you'll pardon my observations." he says, turning the conversation to both include a new member and away from someone who might need a second to collect herself.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle/ LAKOTA

Turning to face Meghan and Audrey John replies, " Meghan, nice to meet you. ......Audrey, I'm fairly new to this town, so I haven't heard anything about you either good or bad, but honestly, I prefer to make up my own mind about people. I believe in treating people the way they treat me. Hopefully we can be friends. "

Facing back to J.D. He says." J.D. I know that they are supposed to reorganize the teams, but I'm glad to still be on one with you. "
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tessa Davis/ Scamp
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

It is said, by like some wise old farts, that sometimes great change can spring from tiny differences, little details that are just different enough.

So, perhaps, began a new day at Green Creek school...

It was, of course, supposed to be something new- the activities fair, the first day of real "Powers" classes for the new students.

Some of the details, though, were the things that most students wouldn't have noticed.

Like the anonymous Chevy sedan with government plates and a state seal decal on the door, parked entirely illegally in the space nearest to the front door. Or its driver, military crew-cut and aviator shades and all, eyeing the students as they trooped off the buses or were dropped off. Or perhaps, a number of students who HAD been there at the beginning of term, but weren't there today- had they been here yesterday?

>
As the "Team" met up at the main board and renewed (or made) their acquaintance, there was the sudden sound, gunshot-loud, of a door being slammed. Those who had (already) gotten into difficulties would be able to pinpoint it as the door to the school's front office, so often haunted by Pemberly and other "administrators", around a corner and down the hall from the boards.

An instant later, a girl appeared around that hallway corner- literally appeared, not "walked around the corner". She was looking back down the hall towards the office, one hand lifted and offering a single finger in a well-known gesture. The was a flicker, a trick of the eye, and she was just to one side of the group (again with crossing the distance in between those points), looking up at the board, searching for, well, some detail or another in the array of posted notices.

Closer up, and not in motion, she was small and slender, even for a first-year student, with pale skin and a mop of curly black hair. She was dressed in a style that Audrey, at least, would recognize: battered combat boots, a pleated plaid skirt over knee-length bike pants, and a 'Bikini Kill' tee shirt under a soft leather jacket. She had no purse, no backpack, no bag- but she did have a snazzy pair of sunglasses.

And she was looking, after a moment's search, at the team listings. In fact, at the listing for their team, it seemed like...
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey's attention was drawn to the sound of a door slamming. Specifically it was the door to the front office. Audrey had already visited the front office herself and it wasn't for a social call. Then a girl seemingly appeared out of nowhere. Teleporter or speedster she wondered. At least the girl had style.

"Nice outfit." she commented.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

With a sinking suspicion JD read over the list of their revised team. "Tessa Davis?" he asks not really sure if he wanted the answer or not.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Tessa Davis/ Scamp
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal
CaptainChaos wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:58 am
"Nice outfit." she commented.
The girl smiled, for just the briefest second. "Thank you," she murmured, as she scanned the board for another moment- she didn't want to miss any possibly important details.

Flynnarrel wrote: Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:54 am With a sinking suspicion JD read over the list of their revised team. "Tessa Davis?" he asks not really sure if he wanted the answer or not.
The girl turned away from the board to look at JD, and the others- her glasses had slipped down her nose just a tad, revealing sparkling green eyes. "Oh no, not me. I mean, I've heard about Her. I'm just looking for somebody's name, a friend of mine..." Her voice trailed off as she reviewed the group, probably trying to guess-match faces with the names posted. She lingered a moment on John, giving him a longer, more thorough appraisal.

Then she sighed, and looked briefly in the direction of the office. "No, that's no way for me to start off, if I'm stuck here. I'm Tessa... Just, you know, "adjusting" right now. Anybody have a cigarette?" Her smile lasted a bit longer this time, but faded back into the defiant smirk that was apparently her natural expression.

>OOC: The initial denial was Deception 18, just for the record. Good thing one of you is Attractive :D
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates
HP 1

Audrey chuckled softly.

"Sorry, don't have any. Tried them at the last place I was at and thought I was going to cough up a lung. I'm Audrey, Audrey Yates."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan Monroe
"Speakin' of troubles... Meghan, you look like you could use an energy pop. If'n you'll pardon my observations." he says, turning the conversation to both include a new member and away from someone who might need a second to collect herself.
Meghan brightens up, letting the smile all the way up into her eyes. "Thanks Jeed." Her smile grows even more. "Anyway, not allowed to have any stimulants by Geneva Conventions. I mean, can you imagine me even more hyped up?" She playfully shudders at the thought, thankful for the distraction from the events the night before.

Turning to John, "Nice to meet you too!" she pauses a moment, thinking, "John.. John White Eagle, right? Hopefully, we can all be. I mean.." she eyerolls as she tries to mimic the school admin from the other day, "An opportunity to learn about ourselves and join our rightful places in society with an eye towards becoming the citizens of tomorrow."

And with the sound of a gunshot, she takes to the air and starts to fly off in that direction along the ceiling line, heading into the danger rather than away from it. Like what does she think that she is going to do? Slam into something? Must be a taurus or something.

But as Tessa emerges from the office, she retakes her spot, keeping a wary eye on the potential troublemaker. Even with a smile on her face. Yeah, she knew that it was wrong to put people on tracks and that whole you become what people think you are thing, but this whole bad girl tude could mean trouble.
Insight to pick up on the deception: _: 1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18
Audrey, persuasion and well informed _: 1D20+13 = [10]+13 = 23 1D20+13 = [16]+13 = 29
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

After some consideration JD turns to Meghan "I'm not liking 'Jeed'."

When Tessa confirms her identity and asks for a smoke JD thumps his chest with a sound of a solid *thok* with no hollowness to it. "No lungs." he confirms. "I'm JD." he says and going around to identify others by first name for the sake of Tessa.

"Seems like we're all here and we're assigned first to <first assignment>. I believe it's this way." he points. "Shall we go?"
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah felt invisible. All these bad girls in her group with their sad punk aesthetics. "Yeah, we should get to class, JD." Although she did wonder if cigarettes could even affect her.