Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
CaptainChaos

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey sighed. While not a surprise that everyone saw her sister as perfect and a great person and leader, it was still really annoying. Don't people realize what it's like living in the shadow of a perfect older sister?

"Oh, yeah. She's great. Um, when are practices or do I have to audition first? "
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah

"You're the art teacher? How convenient. We were thinking we might need a sponsor and if we did an art teacher would probably be the right kind of teacher for fashion, fashion photographer, runway events, etc. We did consider a business teacher but I suspect the business teacher would work better as a consultant and not as our sponsor. Just about any club can benefit from a businessman probably but the heart of fashion is art, not business." Sarah says without taking a breath, since she doesn't need to do that. "So, Miss Carter, do you know what we need to do to start a club? We have a few people right here ready to do modeling.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle/LAKOTA
HP1

"I haven't skated since I was a kid, but, I was admiring the skills all of you put on display. I was wondering what do you prefer to be called?" John relaxes and awaits her answer.
Last edited by Hawk on Sun Sep 20, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Meghgan:
Tanya smile and shakes her head at Meghan's question. "I mean I haven't been tested, but my mum keeps saying that I never hear her when she calls, so unless she's crazy, probably not super hearing". Meghan winces a little at this before shaking her head. "Sorry, that was weird". She nods a little at Meghan's assurances, but still looks a little worries. "Well they're really nice there. They do a whole bunch of courses and stuff for teenagers, applicable skills and all that".

Sarah:
The teacher nods as she scrawls notes on her clipboard, glancing up occasionally to listen to Sarah. "Well, I can certainly talk to the principle for you, see what he says about the club. You know it's really nice to see students in their first year take such interest in the school and it's activities. You know, a lot of children think they're too cool for school, but here you four are, trying to do something". The teacher gives them an incredibly warm and friendly smile at this, genuinely happy with their idea. "Well first thing's first, I'll talk to the principle, but you'll need to put together a plan for the club. Events you want to run, things you may need, who you think will be involved, stuff like that. Now if you need any help, feel free to ask me".

JD and John:
The girl looks JD up down with an appraising eye for a moment. "Hm, sounds, interesting. If you're into that surfing stuff you may want to look into a rig." She still sounds a little cautious, on edge perhaps as she watches the pair.

She turns a little to face John, an expectant look on her face. "So what about you? Do you skate, dude?" Listening to his response she shrugs a little, though seems to be taken aback by the compliment. "Oh, er, thanks. We're not a club or anything, the school thinks it's too risky for their insurance. Like having jocks in armour and superpowers isn't a lawsuit waiting to happen. You know football team put another team in the hospital last year? The entire team, and it wasn't even during a match! But apparently skating is too dangerous because tarmac". She takes a deep breath to calm herself before looking back. "Sorry, skating is pretty important to us. Oh, I'm Jess, what's your names?"

Audrey:
Hayley quickly moves back to the glee table to grab an overly glittery and embossed flyer. Walking back she passes it to Audrey. We have practice after school on Fridays for all members, but then for, you know, the shows and stuff there's try-outs. Technically all societies have to accept everyone who wants to join. Think of it like the glee club having an inner-circle for the important stuff. Still, I'm sure you'll enjoy the regular sessions". It seems the girl can't help slip back into the snarky comments, but a nudge from Trevor seems to halt her.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD Daniels

JD frowns when he hears about the antics of the football team. He wanted to get their version of the story before passing judgement - though he wondered how he could get the true story of it.

Despite him thinking that John already introduced him he pointed to himself. "JD." then switching his pointing finger, "John."

"What do you mean by 'rig'?" he asks, curious.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah

"Well, okay, while you are writing stuff down, my name if Sarah Dimple and I guess I would be in charge of the club. It was my idea," Sarah says. "I can get you a list of things like that. How formally will that need to be written? As for who being involved, do you mean like the people in charge? I don't think we should recruit members until we are actually a club. In fact, I'd like to have a sign with a professional looking set of photos before we recruit. Probably of these three models. Perhaps we should look into who's in the Photography club who might want to do a photoshoot." She pauses, "I suppose we shouldn't worry whether people in the photography club will want to take photographs of models." She ends with a laugh.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan!

Meghan grins back to Tanya, "Selective hearing. If you don't want to hear something, then well.. you don't? No, it makes complete sense. Umm, this is way out of line, but.." she frowns a bit more, "Yeah, not any of my business. But sometimes Moms can be cool; in an embarrassing kind of way?" She shrugs, "But yeah, ignore that if you want. Just sayin'."

She peeks up, catching sight of her skate park friend Jess. She waves brightly over in that direction! Not going to stray over that direction yet. "So Tanya, other than boxing, what are your things?" She leans back a bit, trying to get a better look of her new friend. Sometimes, you can tell what sorts of workout someone does by their muscles and their callouses.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle/LAKOTA
HP:1

Thinking that Jess and her crew were wary of newcomers. That may be why she didn't remember their names. John let the slip pass without trying to make an issue of it. "So Jess, if we were interested in skating, what gear would you recommend that we get? J.D. and myself are both new in town, maybe you could show us the best places to purchase from?! What kind of music do you and your crew listen to?" John tries to keep a laid back appearance. Suddenly realizing that he had spoken for J.D., John turns to his friend and says. "If that's cool with you man."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD shrugs as if its no big deal.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

JD and John:
At JD's question, Jess kicks the board up with one deft motion to present it to the pair. "Rig, you know, a skateboard?" The board she had seemed to be made out of some kind of metal instead of wood, the wheels where chunkier, almost as if for off-road, and there was some kind of compact motor built into the base. The artwork was that of a pantheon of Greek looking gods clashing in battle. "A lot of people get custom jobs. It means that anyone who wants to can skate.

Glancing at John, Jess looks a little surprised. "Man you ask a lot of questions, dude. I, erm, I don't know really. I guess just start simple, you know? Second hand board, maybe some knee pads? I got my first board from a garage sale. If you're looking for a proper store, there's one in Del Haven. Music? You know, usual stuff. Nirvana, Green River, Pearl Jam, Sound Garden, Pearl Jam, stuff like that".

Sarah:
Miss Carter continues to write as Sarah talks. "Well, you'll want it fairly professional, but as long as you can show that you've put some hard work into it, I'm sure Mr Sykes will be happy. To be honest, he's pretty easy to hype up about most projects. It will also need the students who will run the club. I recommend about four or five, that should spread the work out nicely". The teacher raises an eyebrow at the comment about the photography club, but doesn't say anything about it. "Just don't let this get in the way of your schoolwork. For many first years running a society can be very difficult".

Meghan:
Tanya stares at Meghan for a short while before shrugging with a smile. "I know, it's not out of line, don't worry. I know they can be cool, she's just real overbearing at times. She's always got something to shout about". At Meghan's question Tanya stops to think, glancing up as she does. "Erm, normal stuff really. I like to chill out with friends, listen to music, walk around town, stuff like that. Sometimes it's nice to be aimless sometimes, nothing that needs doing and no worries".
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD

"I... think 'ahm too heavy for a normal board." JD says. "Yours is real nice though. And Ah'm curious bout your gold armor."
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Meghan!

The ginger tomboy lets out a soft breath, thankful that she wasn't overstepping too much. "Yeah, my relationship with my err, mother? Is really strained. Probably good for both of us for me to be gone for a while. Just be thankful for a Mom that cares?"

She laughs a bit, trying to untense, "I'm pretty frantic, even when I'm being aimless. You know, sort of like that family comic?"

We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Audrey Yates

Audrey took the flyer from Hayley and forced a smile in response.

Bitch! I'll show her during auditions. I wonder how snotty she'll be when no one can hear her sing? Audrey mused while walking away.

Audrey looked around to see what other activities and clubs might be interesting. Cheerleading was definitely out as were most sports.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John White Eagle: LAKOTA
HP:1

"Sounds like you have good taste in music. I've got Temple of the Dog in my cassette player right now. I do appreciate the directions on a good place.to buy gear. I may give it a try. " He waits to allow Jess or J.D. to talk, as it seems that he may be overly inquisitive.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

JD and John:
Jess looks JD up and down for a moment before shrugging a little. "You don't look that heavy to me. Anyway if you're worried about that kind of stuff you can always get a reinforced set up like mine. If you can find someone to do custom work you can get pretty much whatever you want these days".

Turning to John, Jess actually smiles fully for the first time that the pair had approached. "Huh, maybe you two are a little cooler than I thought. It can be a bit too down for my taste, but it's better than that pop crap everyone is into".

Glancing behind her for a moment to watch one of the other skaters trip while trying to flip their board, she breaks into a loud laugh. Turning back still laughing, she gestures to the pair with her spare hand. "Look, we haven't got anything to hand out like the actual clubs, but if you get hold of boards, maybe you can hang".

Meghan:
Listening closely to what Meghan says, Tanya seems to be struggling with words a little. Instead of saying anything she simply bobs here head with a grunt. As Meghan changes the subject, Tanya seems to lose the tension that has surrounded her and she returns to her smile. "I don't know the comic, but I think I get what you mean. Don't worry, if you stick around me long enough, I'll show you how to chill properly".

From the crowd someone can be heard calling out to Tanya, a boy wearing a pair of small rounded sunglasses. Waving over to him, Tanya turns back to face Meghan. "That's my teammate, I've got to go. I'll probably see you in class or something, yeah?" Turning to leave, Tanya twist back to wave at Meghan before disappearing into the crowd, leaving the speedster alone.