Small Town Heroes (IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
EpicEclipse

Re: Small Town Heroes (IC)

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya McKinny (Lifestream / HP: 1)

Maya smiles back to the punky looking girl. "Off hand I'd say the obsurdity of these tests. I'm almost worried what the next set of them is going to be. I'm figuring they might set angry dogs after us to test our speed or something." she smirks snarkily. "My name's Maya."
CaptainKaulu

Post by CaptainKaulu »

Vil Grumych Granit
Luck (Inspiration): 3; HP: 1
Condition: hungry now

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:28 am"What do you like to eat?" JD asks, genuinely confused as to what trolls ate.
"Basically as crunchy as possible," Vil finally responds. "Ma says you can even have bigger med'cal problems if you don't keep your jaw muscles in shape. For example, lunch today is celery and nuts and raw beans."

He scratches his head. "I guess we like stuff rich in min'rals too. But we don't actually eat rocks. Some people think we actually eat rocks."

As they talk about where they're from, Vil pats JD "gently" on the shoulder. "I'm from a small place that's not worth mentioning too. But," he turns to Joseph, "I've lived in town here for a few years. Kinda surprised we haven't met before."
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John WhiteEagle: LAKOTA
HP:1
MrTweedy wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:57 pm "Y-yes. I have lived here the whole time. Well, my whole time, I, erm, yes". She sort of peters off, glancing back down at the floor again. "Sorry, I'm not too good with lots of, erm, people" she would mumble, gesturing to the other students milling around aimlessly.
"You seemed to be shy and reserved, but I thought that you might appreciate making a friend. I know that I would. I have been talking to Vil, and J.D.," He points them out as he mentions their names. "and they have been cool to talk to. I tried to talk to the girl with water powers, but I seemed to bother her, so I have left her alone since then. Do you have any friends at this school? What are your powers?" He patiently waits on her response.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

Lucy glance back at Sarah. "I know, but it's so much easier to tell who is worth knowing this way" she would say with a slight smirk. "Me, I'm from Silver Creek, of course. If it wasn't for my parents wanting me to hang out with 'normal' kids, I wouldn't even be here. Still, there looks like there may be a few, interesting, people here".

The newcomer would look at Maya for a moment with a puzzled look before smiling and shaking her head. "Ah, I don't know. I kind of like it, better than some stupid written exam right? If we're going to be heroes and stuff, we need to be able to kick arse" she would declare, throwing a few energetic punches into the air to highlight the point. "Anyway, what do you think we should be doing?" The question was genuine as she settles back down beside Maya again.

Joseph would nod in response to Vil's words. "Well I don't come into town much you know. Plenty to do around home, and I like to help out when I can".

At Johns offer of friendship, Alicia would perk up, smiling a little bit. "That, that would be nice, thanks. My, my powers, well, I'm not, like, a hundred percent sure. I can do some stuff with, like, wind? I don't know though, it's all still pretty new. I think that's why mum wanted me to, you know, come to this school. Learn about my powers and stuff. What about you? Did you have some shield power, or something?"

As the students talk excitedly and gather into groups, they hear a bell being run back near the door to the school. With a mixture of excitement and disappointment the freshman begin to file back into the building. As they go they can see the TA stood by the door, and alongside him is a tall elderly looking woman with a stern gaze and stern bun tied behind he head. As the students pass them buy, her piercing eyes watch them closely. As Sarah passes by the woman would hold out a hand to halt her progress. "Sarah Dimple? Can we have a word?"
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

AJ Sullivan
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal (by now)

Aj had dragged along through the halls, looking for other kids she might know from around town- there were a few faces that she recognized, but not as many as she had been expecting. The way the city was spread out, one often forgot that there were couple of middle schools, and the students didn't always mix between them.

Once they were outside, she had lifted easily into the air and perched on the roof overlooking the open courtyard where the freshman were left to 'socialize'- the parking lot was off limits, but he hadn't said anything about the roof. The social mixer wasn't really her thing, and she was still a little embarrassed by her poor showing in some of the tests. Sure, her powers were pretty new, but she thought they were pretty awesome (though honestly she hadn't really tried them out against other Powered kids before now)- real life exposure wasn't quite as amazing as she had hoped... At least the lingering ache from being bounced by that piston thing had worn off quickly enough.

When the bell rang to summon them back to whatever test were next, she floated softly back down near the back of the line- she gave a half-hearted wave to one of the other students that she had recognized (Patrick?) but that was all for now...

OOC: I guess I'm back- I kept starting a post and getting distracted with stuff.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD didn't 'armor up' for this next part. He had a feeling these tests would only get harder from here - covering areas that were not his forte.

"No lunch yet it seems. Good talk guys." he said to his recess companions.
"Something pithy this way comes."
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"I suppose so," Sarah says to the woman. "Am I in trouble? It's not my fault." She sees the look Lucy gives her and relaxes her straightened posture. "I mean, sure, whatev."
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya considers the other girl's words thoughtfully. "I guess you're not exactly wrong, it just seems so.... slap dash? As far as the tests go anyways, but I guess I don't exactly have any better ideas. Not when everyone has different powers and all. It would be really hard and take a long time to divise and put people through tests tailored to their abilities." she shrugs. "Definitely better than a written exam though."
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

The clipped tone of the woman does not change as she steps to one side with Sarah. "Don't worry, you haven't done anything wrong. I will be speaking to some of the other students after you". As the crowd of students file into the building, the woman waits a moment before continuing. "Now, we at Green Creek carry these test out on the first day of school to assess the capabilities of the students powers and training. This is to see if the students will be able to make it through the year with the challenges that they will face". The woman spoke with more confidence, with more determination than Mr Pemberly had done with his introduction. "Now, as of yet Sarah, you have not shown any sign of actually having any powers. One of the next tests will involve a combat scenario, and we need to make sure that you are going to be able to proceed. So I have to ask, what is your power?"

"See you in there fellas!" Joseph would half shout to the other two as he jogs towards the front of the crowd, wading through the throng of people with ease. Before leaving he slaps JD on the back as he passes by. The force behind the friendly gesture was considerable, unsurprising considering the boys strength. Soon he disappeared into the doorway and was lost from view.

As the girl crouched next to Maya stands up to head back into the school, she would shake her head, still smiling. "You need to loosen up a bit dude. It not like this kind of stuff is going to matter anyway. Just wow them with a few powers, and you'll get pass no problem. Come on, let's get in there".
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Sarah stares at the woman flabbergasted. "I caught the falling metal thing. Is that something normal girls can do?" There was an awkward pause. The woman seemed unmoved as she continued petulantly. "I don't want to use my power the first day of school. It's messy and it changes me. I have a good look right now. It really works with the color of my blouse. I might not get it back after I use my power."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD will follow to the next test.
Hawk

Post by Hawk »

John WhiteEagle: LAKOTA
HP:1

Realizing that the tests are starting up again, John turns to his classmate and replies. "It looks like we are about to return to testing, if it's o.k. with you, I'll hold of on my powers until the next break?" John heads back into the school, looking for J.D., and Vil, he waves and says. "Hi."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

JD returns the other boy's greeting. "What do you think is next?" he asks his companions.
MrTweedy

Post by MrTweedy »

"Um, sure, yeah" Alicia would respond, offering him a small smile. "See you back inside".

In response to Sarah's statement, the woman would respond quickly, her confident tone never changing. "That is true, yes. However unless Mr Pemberly was mistaken, you were not able to keep the 'metal thing' in the air with your strength. Your physical ability has been marked as 'human average'. Now, if you do have some kind of power to counter this or to enhance your other abilities, then you will still be able to attend school here. However we do need to see you use your power during the testing. Really you should have expected this, it is a school aimed at teaching students to use their powers after all. I'm afraid that your, look, is not our top priority here'.

At JD's question, Joseph would shrug cheerily. Something with fire maybe? I don't know. Honestly, I ain't seen a link between all the test so far. What do you think?"
EpicEclipse

Post by EpicEclipse »

Maya heads along with the other girl, who had not given her name yet, to gather with the other students for the next set of tests. "Heh, if we were down at the beach, I'd be able to show them what I can REALLY do with my powers." she smirks. After all, so far by her reckoning, Maya should be scoring near the top of the group, showing the versatility and strength of her powers defensively, and had shown she at least has some manner of ability when it came to throwing.

Thinking about it made Maya smile, though the other girl did have a point. The tests were ultimately just a baseline, a foundation to judge where the students would grow from. It's not the kind of test one failed.