Adventures Assemble! OOC

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
kenseido

Re: Adventures Assemble! OOC

Post by kenseido »

On an unrelated note, my email notifications lately have been hit and miss - mostly miss. I thought it was only me until a player from my game mentioned it to me via PM. Is anyone else having trouble with notifications not being emailed?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

To be honest don't know as I try and pop in on this site once every other day or so.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Thanks for your feedback. Normally the adventure would begin with a scene that ties into your personal story more and the threat there is usually a jobber. But for this adventure specifically, I chose to introduce the main enemy group quickly instead.

I forget how much toughness objects have to lose before they are destroyed. I seem to recall they have to be reduced to -5 toughness, but I can't find anything in the rulebook that says so concretely.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

2 degrees of failure means they are damaged. For walls, that usually means there is a hole in them which is usually enough for what most people need.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:26 pm 2 degrees of failure means they are damaged. For walls, that usually means there is a hole in them which is usually enough for what most people need.
You're correct, but that's for Damage, right? How about weaken toughness?
Gilliam

Post by Gilliam »

I have been wondering about this myself so would it be a case that weaken toughness removes the strength from an object so that if you attack it again it makes a reduced toughness save against your attack, but if the weaken toughness effect reduces the toughness below zero then the object is destroyed straight away as it collapses under its own weight for example.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Ysariel wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:06 pm
kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:26 pm 2 degrees of failure means they are damaged. For walls, that usually means there is a hole in them which is usually enough for what most people need.
I believe taking them to -5 TOU is completely destroyed.
stavaros_the_arcane

Post by stavaros_the_arcane »

Sorry its taking me so long to post for Gelert. I'm having a huge brain fart at the moment about what to do next.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

Sorry, I didn't make things easier by arriving and turning invisible right away.

It's possible Gelert saw Jason arrive, if Ysariel allows. He might recognize him from Sunfire's description back when Liam was mutated.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

kenseido wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:19 pm
Ysariel wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 8:06 pm
I believe taking them to -5 TOU is completely destroyed.
And there is nothing wrong with a House Rule about saying at half Toughness, a hole opens up.
stavaros_the_arcane

Okay I'm slowly putting together what to do with Gelert.

Since the bad guys can't react right away I'm going to have him snatch Cooper with move object and toss him into the crowd. Following that Gelert will either put up a shield to protect the crowd (now including the mayor) or start trying to take down the goons. (probably the former protecting is more Gelert's priority.)
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Ok, that makes sense for the weaken toughness thing; so since the Mayhem Machines are reduced to 0 toughness (they have exactly toughness 12), they are not yet destroyed beyond repair, but 0 toughness robots are probably not very useful to anyone.

For Gelert, that is alright. The R.I.O.T. Squad's tractor beam is Concentration duration. Normally you would need to win a grab check against it to pry Cooper loose, but in this case it is not needed since they can no longer take the standard action required to maintain it.

Moonlight is my Sunday update so tomorrow I will try to update Nightbird and then Jason/Gelert's combined scene.
Ysariel

Post by Ysariel »

Ok. I think stavaros may not have noticed that Jason is positioning himself next to Cooper before posting to move Cooper away (at the time I hadn't read kenseido's post yet, so I too missed it).

For kenseido, you may decide if you still want Jason to move next to Cooper, which will be in melee range of Marshal Lawless; or if you want to choose some other action.

Alternately, stavaros, you may instead decide to have Gelert change his action, if you like. I think it is ok for Gelert to have seen Jason arrive and to recognize him.
kenseido

Post by kenseido »

I am okay with moving next to Marshall Lawless
stavaros_the_arcane

kenseido wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:52 am I am okay with moving next to Marshall Lawless
Works for me.