Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

Post by Flynnarrel »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:24 pm Which crew disappearance? We had been investigating a boat that ran aground, was that the same thing?
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:24 pm Which crew disappearance? We had been investigating a boat that ran aground, was that the same thing?

Legally speaking, is there enough evidence to link this ship to any of the bad things we've experienced? For example, are these herbs the same that were used in the barrels of reptile-mating pheromones that drove the dragon crazy? Or am I going against the pulp hero archetype worrying about such legalities?
Evidence... Pfft. Asking for evidence of crimes before bursting into foreign soil is like asking if the lava monster you are punching is an actual threat. No, we jump in feet first and pummel anything and everything we see. Speaking of, there is this one random goblin I have been meaning to punch without a second thought :)
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sorry, I mispoke. Tbe ship you investigated with dead crew on board. The one you fought the fire midget in.

@Iggy, remind me of the capabilities of your force field.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

*Force Field, Continuous, Noticeable, Action Drawback: Standard Action to activate -2, pr 4 {6points} + LINKED
*immunity: heat, cold, Suffocation, {4points} + LINKED
*Flight 1; Levitation only (up & down), Continuous pr1 {2points} + LINKED
*Feats: Evasion 2, Move-by-Action {3points}
{with an audible and ominous hum this device powers up. After several seconds, a field envelopes Iggy trapping in air as insulation against the elements (a recycler keeps the air breathable). It also has a measure of buoyancy, It's stable enough to take accurate shots on the go while being a measure of 'slippery' to take him part way out of area effects.)
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

While levitate does not have affects others, Iggy currently has a much greater strength. If a character with flight has strength has enough to lift a thing Flight shouldn't need to have Affects Others.
Glyph

Post by Glyph »

I would like to apologise for my absence. A combination of illness, technical issues and general life complications have been getting in the way.

Regrettably I will be dropping out of the game to avoid any further issues. Thank you for letting me play, and I hope you all continue to have fun.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

No worries. If you resolve some of your issues you are welcome back.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:33 am While levitate does not have affects others, Iggy currently has a much greater strength. If a character with flight has strength has enough to lift a thing Flight shouldn't need to have Affects Others.
Doesn't Iggy only have strength in his mechanical arm? And just how strong are you?
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

16, he's in his 3rd round of Rage. He's stronger than Elizabeth is when she's in her armor.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I have lost my source book so it is minda seat of tbe pants here. Loo
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

RAGE COMBAT, RANKED
You can fly into a berserk rage as a free action, gaining +4 Strength, +2 to
your Fortitude and Will saves, and a –2 penalty to Defense. While raging
you can’t use skills or powers requiring concentration (with a duration of
Concentration or Sustained), and you can’t take 10 or 20 on checks. Your
rage lasts for five rounds, after which you are fatigued for five rounds.
Each additional rank gives you +2 Strength and a +1 Fortitude and
Will save bonus to a maximum of +10 Strength and +5 to saves total at 4
ranks (the –2 penalty to Defense and other effects remain the same). Your
maximum Strength and save bonuses are limited by the campaign’s power
level.
Instead of increasing your Rage benefits, a rank in this feat can extend
the duration by 5 rounds. This extends the duration of your post-rage
fatigue by the same amount.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Sorry about the absence. I am dealing with the new school year. Distance education is great! Can't wait to find new ways to bomb as an educator :)
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

It is ok
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Have we accomplished anything yet? My character is smarter than I am so maybe I'm missing something. Could you go over what have we learned here because it seems like we are in a very disadvantageous position - we have larger ships bearing down on us and I'm not sure we have legal justification for what we've done or what we'd be justified in doing going forward. Is there enough evidence to justify further investigation of the sailing ship? Is the elf and redcap still visible or do we know where they went?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There was some info in the cabin in the charts but you haven't seen the rest of the ship. A very similar fire creature appeared. There is a cteature that is illegal on English territory but whether this dock area is considered English territory is another question. There was a suspicious group that boarded the ship that you haven't seen any more of. Presumably they are still in there somewhere.