Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

Post by Poodle »

Ok..
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What is the status of everyone now?

What is the scene as you imagine it, GM, with regards to positions of everyone and status of the hostiles? I think there's been a disconnect somewhere.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Iggy and Elizabeth you came out from under the dock by the boat where you had been dealing with the magma creature. You immediately swooped in to help Iolas who was on the dock getting thumped by the hobgoblin. Elizabeth bashed it and stunned it. At that point Iggy started handing out healing while Elizabeth started planning on carrying you all onto the boat. The hobgoblin tried to hit Elizabeth while you were all busy doung other actions. All of you are on the dock. The boat with the chanting is the one nearest to you. The largest and furthest away boat has the soldiers shooting at you when the smoke clears.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Thank you, that helps tremendously.
And what are the conditions of folks?
Iggy is injured -1 and fatigued currently.
I *think* Elizabeth is injured -1 and str -1, please correct if I'm wrong
And Iolas is... str -4?
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 am Iggy and Elizabeth you came out from under the dock by the boat where you had been dealing with the magma creature. You immediately swooped in to help Iolas who was on the dock getting thumped by the hobgoblin. Elizabeth bashed it and stunned it. At that point Iggy started handing out healing while Elizabeth started planning on carrying you all onto the boat. The hobgoblin tried to hit Elizabeth while you were all busy doung other actions. All of you are on the dock. The boat with the chanting is the one nearest to you. The largest and furthest away boat has the soldiers shooting at you when the smoke clears.
I took everyone to the back of the ship where there is a window. This would put me (and everyone who wanted to go with me) off of the dock. How far off is the Redcap from us? This is important as I might try to use a ranged attack on him.
Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:48 pm Thank you, that helps tremendously.
And what are the conditions of folks?
Iggy is injured -1 and fatigued currently.
I *think* Elizabeth is injured -1 and str -1, please correct if I'm wrong
And Iolas is... str -4?
I have 7 bruises. My guess is that this is equivalent to -7 injured (toughness -7).
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

knowing the redcap was not finished, just stunned, would that have changed your action?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

In my own defence I was pretty clear in that but the question is valid. Also I believe you were suggesting it as an action still and had yet to reach consensus. Also, whether an armored person could fit through the windows is anothrr question. A goblin is somewhat smaller than a 7ft armoured figure carrying anotber person.

I apologise. I am not managing this scene very well. I have a few other things on my mind.

The last things you did after you jackhammer punched tbe redcap and left it reeling (but not unconscious or dead) was take the time to make, dispense and drink healing potions. An action. You were then talking about flying away. I think both Elizabeth and Iolas took tbe time to drink a potion rather than finish off the Redcap.

On the Redcap's action after recovering from being stunned he hit back.

If you prefer we can reduce all descriptions to "the Redcap is stunned and suffering x ammount of bruising damage" if you prefer although that seens tacky and unless your characters have assessment as a feat how would you know?
Obviously in a non-pictorial medium there is going to be diffetences in how people perceive a scene. Sadly I only have a cellphone so I am a little limited in what I can do?

Tl:dr. I thought I described the condition of the Redcap clearly enough. For whatever reason you chose to no longer treat it as a threat and do other actions.

I picture you still on the dock involved with fighting the Redcap as it attacked efore you had a chance to fly away to the back of the boat.

If I am innaccurate in my tecall or assessment of the facts ceel cree to point that out.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy gave a healing potion to Iolas, not Elizabeth. He had administered healing to her just after pulling her from the bottom of the ocean so I'm unclear how she has 7 injuries thus far.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:07 am In my own defence I was pretty clear in that but the question is valid. Also I believe you were suggesting it as an action still and had yet to reach consensus. Also, whether an armored person could fit through the windows is anothrr question. A goblin is somewhat smaller than a 7ft armoured figure carrying anotber person.

I apologise. I am not managing this scene very well. I have a few other things on my mind.

The last things you did after you jackhammer punched tbe redcap and left it reeling (but not unconscious or dead) was take the time to make, dispense and drink healing potions. An action. You were then talking about flying away. I think both Elizabeth and Iolas took tbe time to drink a potion rather than finish off the Redcap.

On the Redcap's action after recovering from being stunned he hit back.

If you prefer we can reduce all descriptions to "the Redcap is stunned and suffering x ammount of bruising damage" if you prefer although that seens tacky and unless your characters have assessment as a feat how would you know?
Obviously in a non-pictorial medium there is going to be diffetences in how people perceive a scene. Sadly I only have a cellphone so I am a little limited in what I can do?

Tl:dr. I thought I described the condition of the Redcap clearly enough. For whatever reason you chose to no longer treat it as a threat and do other actions.

I picture you still on the dock involved with fighting the Redcap as it attacked efore you had a chance to fly away to the back of the boat.

If I am innaccurate in my tecall or assessment of the facts ceel cree to point that out.
You will get no guff from me. This is a complicated scene, made worse by time and new players jumping in. I am barely keeping up myself. Being honest, several of my mistakes were caused by me not having any idea what was happening. I would not have jumped into the water with that fire thing if I had known it was just the escaping fire elemental/ demon rather than a summoned monster meant to attack us like before.

In short, you are fine. I am just trying to get my bearings before I make another mistake on that level of stupid. As for the Red Cap, I mostly want to know if I can hit it with a ranged net. If I can, then I would probably get my companions into the ship and then find my way aboard. The Red Cap is here to slow us down and prevent us from finding out what awful eldritch abomination is being summoned inside. I can punch him later when I am not still reeling from my previous injuries.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Who said it wasn't summoned just to attack you?

As for Elizabeth's injuries I work on the honour system. I don't keep track of other people's injuries or conditions.

You can use a ranged net but you would have to make some distance first. Iolas is right there as well.

As of this moment... Iolas you are in hand to hand with the Redcap on the dock by the boat with the chanting coming from it. Elizabeth, you are also in hand to hand with the creature, on the dock by the boat with the chanting. Iggy, you are near by levitating. The next boat is slightly larger and non-enchanted. The 3rd boat is a large modern (for the era) ship with at least one light cannon facing you and soldiers trying to shoot down at you. They are about 200ft away.

It is your turn to act as the Redcap just swung at Elizabeth.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Thank god someone can hit the broad side of a barn.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Thanks for the update/info as I was a bit confused.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

In case people were wondering, Elizabeth has 10 bruises. This gives her an effective toughness of 0 (10 - 10). In that last barrage, I didn't roll above 9. Just abysmal luck on my part. I just hope
1) She survives (somehow)
2) my compatriots can finish whatever the hell is happening.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Sorry for the lack of posting lately. I keep getting an error message about resource limits being reached and to try again later.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Sorry about that. If you want, I could still make a DC. Would technology be appropriate? Dexterity?