Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. 2E MnM

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC.

Post by Flynnarrel »

How is the scene set?

Are we on the pier and the gate bars access to the ship? That's what I'd been asking.

Pier________
. . . . . . . . .|
. . PCs. . . . |
---Gate------|
__________|
Ship
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There is an area of land with buildings fenced off. The wharf runs parralel to the river and is really just an extension of the land. Not a pier jutting into the river.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'm still not visualizing it. What other options than going through this particular fence with these particular guards do we have?

So how far away from the boat in question are we?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

You could come from the river side... You are probably 300ft from the largest boat.

Imagine the fence is 2 short and one long side of a rectangle with the river and the dock area being the other long side. In the rectangle.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

So it sounds like the gate sections off a pretty large area.
Is there only one gate? So it's not like the area beyond the fence is Dutch land, only the ship. Are there other ships beyond the gate?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There is a gate on both ends. The gate is not the entire length of the short sides...you are on the ingoing gate, the other end is outgoing. No, he said that he land beyond the gate was Dutch territory. Imagine each short end is about 120 ft long. The long edge is about 800ft long.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

I am going to open it up and see if anyone else wants to join if you guys don't mind.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

I'm ok with this. We might really need the assistance soon depending upon the resistance ahead of us.

On that note btw, I am very much not in favor of disarming myself before the possibly human eating redcap.
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

LOL... Fair enough.
CaptainChaos

Re: Her Majesty's other secret service OOC. RECRUiTING 2E MnM

Post by CaptainChaos »

I might be interested in this. The issue is that I do not that familiar with the genre. I have read some Girl Genius, watch The League of Extraordinary Gentleman, and have seen/read a few other things. Would this be a problem?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Hell no..
League of exyraordinary gentlemen is close. Steam and magic tech set in the end of the Victorian reign. Imagine it as being a bit like Ankh-morpork but grimmer.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Hell no..
League of exyraordinary gentlemen is close. Steam and magic tech set in the end of the Victorian reign. Imagine it as being a bit like Ankh-morpork but grimmer.
I have a character "Manchester Merriwether" al rready to go if you want a character. Imagine an amoral indiana jones with some magic.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

Okay. Thanks. Not sure if I want to take over Manchester though. Let me see what I can come up with in the next day or so. I was thinking of someone loosely based on James West from The Wild Wild West. An agent of the crown with hidden gadgets and weapons. Not quite a jack of all trades but would know a few languages and have some streetwise and possibly some disguise.
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

I'm leaning towards a cross between Hourman and a gadget using agent. Would this work?
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

We already have two gadget users already, an alchemist and a scientist. Some fairy races are ok. They might need you soon.