[IC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth - From What You have Fallen

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Camus

Sahir

Post by Camus »

Sahir followed up his superiors explanations and nodded from time to time. He did not want to say anything, he could offend the man in such an emotionally delicate state. Not that he could relate, but he knew how unfitting he was to give emotional advice to anyone, let alone a person in such a situation.
As he is introduced he bows courtly to Epstein. He then grabs the papers and reports with a raised eyebrow and his glance of doubt placed on the elderly woman. His eyes switch to the reports, and he begins to scan them thoroughly. Perhaps he could make out something the other experts couldnt.

So the rolls are treatment 22, expertise bio 19 and insight 11.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Spectrum

Re: [IC] – M&M 3e – A New Heaven and New Earth - The Time is Near

Post by Spectrum »

Arachne
HP: 1->0
Requested rolls wrote:Perception: _: 1D20+10 = [19]+10 = 29 , Willpower: _: 1D20+8 = [2]+8 = 10 rerolling _: 1D20+8 = [15]+8 = 23
It was easy to feel nervous about the meeting with Mr Jackson. Being out in public, a fine restaurant, nice company, being out in public...

"Judith, please call Mr. Jackson and let him know that something came up?"
"Arachne, Rebekah, are you really sure that you want to do this?"
"Yes, no.." an uncomfortable chitter, "No, I'm not sure."
"You have that lovely crimson dress that you designed? You look so good in it?"
"I do?"
"Yes dear you do. I think that you should go. It'll be good for you."
"But.."
"Are you hiding your Light?"
"..."
"I think that you have your answer. I'll call for a car to arrive a half hour. You are going."
"... Thank you Judith."
"You're welcome dear."

The ride over was a challenge. What do with all the extra arms? Where did they go? Thankfully the driver was either accepting or just too in need of a fare and didn't comment more than with any other ride. Even kept her eyes to herself for most of the ride.

And then it was time, a challenge, an opportunity to meet with the young politician.

Chef Serpas even greeted her personally, a huge smile upon his face, eager to show his well tailed acquaintance the joys of his own artistic style.

Maybe she could turn around now? Maybe it was over with.

And Mr Jackson offers her a smile, that brilliant white politicians smile, and beckons her in closer.

Welcome to my Parlor said the serpent to the spider.
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Supernaturalist

Post by Supernaturalist »

Robert Murray

Looking up at the central girder that spans the length of the warehouse, you estimate that it’s roughly two stories off the floor. Most of the pallet-stacks and crates are less than half that height. There is one spot down near the far end of the warehouse where the stacks are high enough to reach the beam with a modest jump. That is where you decide to mount the girder.
OOC: Due to your athleticism (and the width of the beam) I’m not going to require an acrobatic/agility roll…as long as you proceed at a slow walk and are not under duress. You perception and investigation rolls will include this post and extend into the next post I make for you.
The ceiling area contrasts heavily with the floor. At least the floor looks as if it’s been swept sometime in recent history. The girder and ceiling area are filthy. There is some strange type of gel-insulation sprayed upon the ceiling; at first you though it was just a thick layer of dust. As it stands, it is just covered in dust and must have been administered a long time ago when this building was built. It’s unlikely that this old structure would meet codes today.

Immediately, your eyes notices disturbances in the dust. As you squat down to peer closer, it’s obvious that someone mounted the girder at this very spot and then at some point moved along it to the vicinity of the group meeting. Whether this person did it before the group arrived or during the meeting itself, doing so at all seems risky unless they could conceal themselves. As you envision it, they would almost certainly be seen.

From this vantage point you can see the back door as well as the four loading-bay doors. They are indeed all boarded up with heavy, oak planks. Normally, this this would be enough to keep normal people out, but the world is hardly normal anymore. Above you can clearly see the large ceiling fan, but there is a screen over it as well as a metal structure designed to keep rain from coming through the opening. Unless someone has some para-normal ability, it’s not likely anyone could come through these openings.

It’s at this moment, that your phone buzzes notifying you of a text from special-agent Pak. It reads, <Something interesting on a nearby, convenience store’s security camera. Logon to the APD secured-site to view it with commentary>.

Arachne

After Judith convinces you of the benefits of lunch with Mr. Jackson, you “roll the dice”’ and decide to meet him at Chef Serpas’ restaurant. The drive over is pleasant. And although unseasonably warm, the sky is a clear azure blue and the humidity is relatively low. Even the driver of the car does well to restrain his anxiety at chauffeuring a mutant with such an extreme appearance as yourself.

Serpas’ restaurant sports a very “’modern” design. That along with the food marks it among the trendier spots to dine in downtown Atlanta. Unlike many metropolitan areas though, this commercial region lies between to wealthy suburbs. There’s plenty of trees and greenery around to give this area a less-then-urban feel.

Upon arriving at the restaurant, you pay (and thank the driver) before immediately being greeted by a hostess. Apparently, she was sent outside by Chef Serpas to greet you. It’s a warm gesture by the Chef, who appreciates your business and obviously empathizes with your personal struggles. The young woman greets you in a professional manner, but you can tell she is slightly fearful. It’s just something you’ve become quite adept at noticing…even when people try to conceal it.

The young woman leads you to a special dining room away from the more public, open dining area. As you enter, you see a young black man in a very nice suit seated at a small table staring pensively out one of the windows into the garden area behind the establishment. When he sees you out of the corner of his eye, he shoots up with a smile. “Arachne! So pleased to meet you!” He extends his hand to shake yours (much like people used to do all the time).
OOC: Your re-roll of the Will check was a success.
Almost unconsciously you extend your hand to shake his. Upon contact, you get the sensation that you can see yourself through his eyes…but only for a brief, flickering second. Your relaxed mind suddenly refocuses, and the sensation ends as abruptly as it began. As he stops shaking your hand, you notice a strange expression on his face…as if he were daydreaming. “I…I…”, he brings his right hand up to his forehead and braces his left hand against the table as if to keep himself from falling. “…please excuse me…I have bouts of light-headedness.” He takes a breath and slowly seats himself. “Please Arachne, have seat.

There’s no doubt it’s an awkward moment. The sensation you just had coupled with something else. It takes you a moment, but you notice it. You sense zero fear from this man…not even an inkling. It’s highly abnormal from people that you don’t know. He takes several more seconds to regain his composure as he apologizes again and again for his “dizzy spell”.

Eventually, he changes the subject to ordering food and enquiring about your life and business success. He seems genuine and is focused intensely upon every word you say. The dining experience is so good it almost overshadows the uncomfortable feelings of the initial greeting. After a while, the conversation becomes more relaxed and fluid. You find out that Ra’von is young, in his early 20s. He seems way more mature than his age would suggest…another oddity. You also discover that he has been a civil rights activist for several years; his dedication and charisma have garnered him leadership positions both in various interest groups as well as Georgia’s Democrat Party. During the entrée, he sets his fork down, reclines slightly back into his chair, and stares at you with a serious look.

Arachne, I’m sure you’ve heard about some of the more extreme anti-mutant movements in the country, like the KGP, for example. We’re coming to a crossroads in this nation. What do you think we -as a society – should do about them?

Sahir

There is a considerable amount of data crammed into the manila folder. It takes a few moments to familiarize yourself to just what the data means and what the medical images represent.
OOC: This first part of the post is based mostly off your biology and treatment rolls. The Insight rolls will influence the last part of the post.
From what you can gather, Henri has been experiencing a change in the replication of his cells. Though most of his cells are currently still normal, there appears to be a growing number of abnormal cells. To call them abnormal seems to you a wild understatement when you finally turn to the pages that show images of the “new cells”.

At first, you cannot help but think it’s a hoax. You’ve seen pictures of Bigfoot and the Lochness Monster that might dupe the willing believer, but not the serious skeptic like yourself. There’s a corner of your scientific brain that cannot help but question whether these images are real. Within these cells you see structures that you recognize, but many that you do not. According to the data, the young man’s body temperature has slowly begun to rise as the proportion of these new cells have increased. Not only has his body temperature increased, but his body-mass (and thus weight) have increased proportionally as well.

Included with the images are chemical analysis of the cells as well. There are abnormally high traces of heavy elements within these cells. The one thing that surprises you most of all is the complete lack ATP in these cells. Not only is it not present, but it simply isn’t being synthesized at all. It leads to another essential question which presently has no clear answer: How are these cells producing energy to power all the other functions of the cell?

After about 15 minutes of committing the data to memory and analyzing it with your super-intellect, you are left with a few other disturbing realizations: For starters, there seems to be “breakpoints” where Henri’s body temperature skyrockets briefly before dropping to a new plateau that is always higher then the previous plateau. Secondly, his body temperature has already climbed significantly even though the proportion of these new cells to his old ones are still quite small. It’s unclear what will happen if the trend continues: Will he combust? Explode? Could these new structures within his cells help him survive the temperature increase? Perhaps even prevent him from combusting? Questions begin to form in your science-obsessed mind at a rapid rate. One thing is certain this bedroom is an inadequate holding place both for medical and safety reasons
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Very early on...

Though it is body language has changed, the meaning is still easy to read: discomfort, unease, suspicion. She leaned in, speaking softly but clearly, trying to make the conversation private as possible.

"Mr. Jackson" hitting the Mr very tightly "I will ask you for honesty when you answer this question. I do not wish to call you enemy, but that surprise makes me hesitant to call you ally. What just occurred? What were you attempting to do?"

Depending upon the answer, Arachne may become very very concerned that this was indeed one of the reasons that the population feared mutants. An unknown telepathic, just read? control? over how wide an area? that was working towards political control of the people around them, threatening the very potential of self determination. Not even The Lord would challenge that essential human need.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Robert Murray
CND: Fine
HP: 0

it was understandable the beam hadn't been thoroughly inspected. After all, just getting up required a bit of work on his part and he was a bit more acrobatic and strong than most people. As it turned out though, someone had been using the beam. The trail seemed like someone, who could conceal themselves through some means or other given the angles of the building, used it as an attack point. It was making sense now. Either get there before or sneak up on the beam during, jump down in the middle of the group, and swing a sword action movie style. If invisible, the attacker would be difficult to hit. If visible when attacking at least, the attacker would need to have been fast and getting hit would have been easily explained. Robert really hoped the attacker was waiting. It would narrow down the suspects to those who knew about the meeting.

As he continued looking for any other signs like maybe the attacker could walk through walls or something, the text came in. So, the cameras had been useful. Perhaps the invisible ninja, as Robert was now calling the attacker in his head, had slipped up. Being shot would do that to most people. Robert opened up his phone and crouched down for balance as he looked over the video.
Camus

Sahir

Post by Camus »

A drop of cold sweat rolls from Sahirs forehead as his mind analyses the possible repercussions of the medical data he is looking at. There were so many possibilities, but one thing is for sure: this boy is a mutant. Something must have triggered the expression of his dormant mutant genes, and now they were wrecking havoc in his body. His hands begin to shake a little.
"Drs, I think we must put Henry in a safer environment. Safer for him and for us as well." he begins, gulping. "My interpretation is that he is expressing mutant genes. The trigger? I dont know. The potential repercussions? I dont know either. But from the data, he might spontaneously combust. These temperature readings are off the chart. His brain cells would be dead if he were a normal human. I think that these intracellular structures are what are coping with the temperature. His whole metabolism must have changed, but if he survives the transformation he would certainly stabilize. The most substantial question I have is how is he alive without ATP. He must be getting the energy from the breakage of another substance. The trace heavy metals could be a culprit, they store quite a big amount of energy but the exergonic reaction produces much more heat. That would explain the temperature..." Sahi rambled on. "At any rate, we need to move him to a special room where we can keep him from potentially blowing up the city." he finishes with another gulp, looking between both elderly doctors.
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Supernaturalist

Robert Murray

From the height of the steel girder, you squat to keep your balance. Your smartphone allows you to access the APD’s secured website. Your skeptical mind does wonder for a moment how any open-system network could be truly secure, but you assume that state-of-the-art encryption shields their database from outside intrusion.

Once you are “in”, you see an alert in your “inbox”. It provides you with a link to the video. Though there is running commentary as you watch the video, there is also a separate link to a transcript of the commentary as well. As the video begins to run, a woman’s voice becomes audible. “This video is from a camera mounted from inside a BP service station almost 300 yards down the road. The camera looks through a glass window onto an ATM machines that is cemented into the foundation of the business. From the upper left corner of the screen you can see down the street to the warehouse. Unfortunately, it’s very dated security technology and the image is grainy even with our modern enhancement methods. This footage was taken 4 hours before the meeting and murder of the gang-leaders and Officer Ota.

As the video runs, you see nothing unusual at all. In fact this section of town looks relatively run-down and bereft of traffic. You don’t even see people walking along the sidewalks in this area. Suddenly the video pauses and the voice returns. “Mr. Murray, if you’ll direct your eyes to the far left corner of the screen. I’m going to un-pause the video and you’ll see a figure suddenly ‘appear’ on the screen.” Sure enough as the video runs, a small, mirage-like form materializes down the street in front of the warehouse. The video again re-pauses and a digital square encompasses and augments the size and -to an extent- the clarity the image. You can see a figure in jeans with a black leather jacket and black shoes standing in front of the door.

This magnification is a good as we can get before we start to lose clarity again. He’s wearing a black motorcycle helmet and carrying some sort of black case. It looks like the kind of billiard cases that are used to carry pool-cues.” Your eyes confirm this in the video. Unfortunately, this figure never turns their face towards the camera. What happens next is the most surprising thing of all. The figure appears to insert a key right into the lock, turn it, and simply walk into the warehouse.

Arachne
OOC: "Arachne said: Mr. Jackson" hitting the Mr very tightly "I will ask you for honesty when you answer this question. I do not wish to call you enemy, but that surprise makes me hesitant to call you ally. What just occurred? What were you attempting to do?"
There is a pause as Jackson’s brown eyes gaze right into yours. “Mrs. Yoder, I could never be your enemy. On the contrary, I am more of a friend than you could possibly realize at this moment. I…” He stops himself, realizing that he might be getting a little to ‘sappy’. “…I shall say that I have a gift. That is all I shall reveal about the moment we just shared. But you can rest assured…you have not been compromised in any way.” This last sentence he utters strikes you as odd…there is a tone of disappointment in it. He looks away from you for a moment, his eyes glancing down at an expensive wrist-watch, before returning his gaze back to your face.

There are people in this world…in this very city who wish to do people like you great harm. I am concerned with identifying who these people are. Let’s just say I have ways of knowing who they are. I’m also interested in making sure they receive justice for the treachery that they are planning.” He stops speaking only to lay both his hands on the table, his palms facing up to the ceiling. “If I were to expose these people, and I needed your help in subduing them, would you lend a hand? Some of them have connections in politics…sympathizers if you will…just like Selma this area has its oppressors who side with the worst elements of humanity.” From his words, you can sense a bitterness seeping through his calm outward appearance.

If I could expose them, and the law refused to bring them to justice. Would you be willing to help?

Sahir
OOC: Sahir said, "At any rate, we need to move him to a special room where we can keep him from potentially blowing up the city."
After you utter these words, Henri’s eyelids open up. After a few blinks, his eyes scan around the room before coming to rest on Dr. Girard Lefort’s face. “Dad…”, he says with a weak voice. “I’m hungry. Could you order me some Chinese food?” Dr. Lefort winces as he places his hand upon Henri’s arm. “Son, you just had a whole pizza no more than 45 minutes ago. I mean…if you’re still hungry I can get you another slice or two from the other one we ordered you for the football game tonight.

Henri sighs as he looks up at the ceiling. “I’ve already eaten that one too.” He says with a tinge of depression in his voice. Dr. Lefort’s eyes widen as he realizes what his son has just done. “Are you seriously still hungry?

Starving…absolutely starving.

Lefort looks to Dr. Epstein and then to you with confusion clearly on his face. “Well, son, we were actually getting ready to move you to a care-facility. Drs. Epstein and Al-Zamir feel that you could be treated much better there. I could get you some hors-d’oeuvres from downstairs to hold you over.

Dad, I don’t want any of those pretentious tidbits you’re serving downs there.” Henri says with an agitated tone. He pushes the covers down off his body with his hands and feet. He’s naked except for a pair of Spider-Man boxer-briefs. You notice that some sweat is beginning to form on his forehead. “Don’t we have any microwave buffalo-wings? Burgers? Potato Skins?

No son…The servants go to the grocer tomorrow. You were supposed to have pizza tonight. That was to be your dinner.” Lefort utters these words meekly as if coddling a spoiled child.

Before your eyes, Henri goes from calm to tantrum in fraction of a second. “HOW CAN WE BE ONE OF THE RICHEST FAMILIES IN ATLANTA AND NEVER HAVE ANY FOOD IN THIS MOTHER!@#$ING HOUSE!?!” he screams at the top of his lungs. He begins to pant; his face contorts into a visage of rage.

Something else is beginning to happen too. From where you are standing, you can feel heat radiating from Henri’s body.
Camus

Sahir

Post by Camus »

The young scientist is not sure what is going on but he knows he had to defuse the situation right away. The ominous feeling that he is about to die dawns on him as he places a hand on the doctors chest and moves him back. "Henry is right doctor, he needs food, don't be so harsh. How does a cheese burger sound Henry? With big fries?" .
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Robert Murray

Robert mumbles to himself. An invisible sword expert who was adept at avoiding cameras. How many of those could there be? Upon thinking for a moment, he fires off a text Any signs of a motor cycle leaving the scene or arriving around when the figure appears?. Atlanta wasn't London or some cities in the U.S where CCTV was al over the place. There was definitely places that didn't have cameras. Hopefully the area around this less than reputable area had something. Normally, he didn't have so many resources for his private investigations, so it was nice to have the FBI backing him even if they had less than noble ideas in mind.

As Robert saw it now he had two choices. Follow up on the list compiled before from most likely to have information to the least or look into why someone would have a key to this warehouse. Clearly, it hadn't been used in a bit. In his comparatively little time in the city, Robert had run into a few interesting characters. One of the ones who came through the most for him was a clerk in the cities office who had a slight crush on him. Given the clerk was a bloke and Robert didn't swing that way, it was a bit awkward. Still, the guy was good for a quick call for some information and didn't press the crush issue too much.

Jumping back down from the beam, Robert pulled up Ralphs contact number and dialed him. After a few rings, Ralph picked up. "Hey Ralph, hows it going? Things with Sean still going good?", starts off Robert with the standard easing into it before asking for some info. After the usual back and forth with Ralph seeing if Robert changed his mind, Robert saying no, Ralph laughing it off, and so on Robert got down to it. "I am at this warehouse and need to know if you could pull up who owns it, subleases it out, or would have a key to it really. Also, if there is any other records tied to it you can dig up I'd appreciate it. You still like that wine cooler stuff right?", asks Robert.
Contacts with investigation 30
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Arachne

The woman grows quiet, thoughtful, listening rather than speaking, listening rather than filling her mind with what she is about to say.

But there are notes to be made there:
SHE had not been compromised in any way. What did that say about others?
'People like you', most curious again. If he was also a mutant, should that not be 'people like US'? And yet, if this was not a manifestation of mutant ability, then what could it be?

Her voice is quiet, uncertain. "I'm not sure how I could assist. I'm not, I'm not trained as a fighter, I don't know martial arts or anything of the that." she gazes down at two of her hands. "It also worries me that we're talking about stepping outside of human law as if we were not longer human.' she looks up with an unreadable gaze, more from the differences in her physiology rather than intent. "Am I still human?"
Supernaturalist

Robert Murray
OOC: Ok, you are Well Informed and Connected, so I’ll give you the connection with “Ralph” at the county Tax Commissioner’s Office. Not only do they have a list of the present owner, but they would have an electronic database of the history of all owners.
After allowing Ralph to flirt with you a bit, you press the issue of getting the desired info.

Let me see here…”, In between the pauses in Ralph’s voice you here the clatter of fingers typing away on a keyboard.

It’s now owned by an “Okinawa Sushi”. The business is a sole proprietorship owned by a Yuki Uchiboro. Also, the warehouse-building is not being leased. It’s actually owned. It’s in the name of the same Yuki Uchiboro. Before that you have to go back almost 30 years when it was owned by an APEX Supply Co. Apparently, they were an HVAC wholesale distributer who sold it to Mr. Uchiboro.

He then pauses again before flirtatiously adding, “…how’s that for service?
OOC: if there’s any other questions you have for him, you can add them in the next post. If he can/will answer them, we’ll assume they occurred during this phone conversation.
Just as you’re wrapping up your conversation with Ralph, you get a notice that there is a message in your “Inbox” at the APD secured-website. In response to your curiosity about more camera footage regarding the a motorcycle rider who fits the appearance of the suspect, you get the following message. “<We have two people scouring nearby traffic cameras. So far no conclusive leads. We have about 3 more hours of footage to look at, but it’s very slow going. We probably won’t conclude until sometime tomorrow afternoon.>

Arachne

You can tell that Ray is hanging on your every word. The only time that his eyes divert away from yours – even for a moment – is when you express your desire to remain with in the confines of the law.

When you ask, “…am I still human?”, you can tell his is caught off guard. He stammers a little as he tries to convey his thoughts. Finally he stops say, “…ok…let me back up. I’ve had a similar question put to me about racial differences. One would be a fool to say that there are not racial differences, but…I believe that the differences matter very little. Do I believe you are human?…yes…a different variety of human perhaps, but different in no way that deserves unequal treatment.

He nods his head slightly up and down, apparently satisfied with his own explanation. “’Well, Ms. Arachne, I have enjoyed this delightful company and conversation.” He says with a smile. He once again glances down at his opulent wrist-watch before adding, “…unfortunately I do have another engagement here in the city. Would you take a rain-check on dessert? Perhaps we could meet again to discuss developments regarding the treatment of our mutant brothers and sisters?

Finally, after motioning the waitress to bring a check over to him, he adds. “My driver and I could give you a lift back to your business. It’s on the way down to the capital building. Whaddaya say?
OOC: I’d like you to give me a perception roll. It does not pertain to anything happening in this post, but to circumstances in the post to come.

Sahir
OOC: Sahir says , “. "Henry is right doctor, he needs food, don't be so harsh. How does a cheese burger sound Henry? With big fries?"
Henri looks over to you with the expression of madman. “Yes! I need real food now! Take me to get it!

The whole situation is unnerving. There is a mostly naked young man standing before you in boxer-shorts with both his fists clenched tightly.

Dr. Lefort is standing behind you. Though your eyes are fixed on Henri you hear Girard’s voice from the rear, “My….my apologies Sahir. He’s never displayed this kind of behavior due to hunger. I think we should get him some food and then take him to Level Omicron at the CDC….
OOC: You would know what Level Omicron is. It’s the lowest, underground level of the CDC where those infected with the deadliest (or potentially deadliest) pathogens can be quarantined and given medical treatment. It is surrounded by several feet of reinforced Chobham plating (which is basically a form of modern tank armor).
…You have a fast sports-car out here don’t you, Sahir? If you’ll drive, I’ll contact the APD and let them know we’re engaged in an emergency transport. I’ll also phone work and have a room waiting for us. There’s a McDonalds on the way; we’ll getting him whatever he wants then take him to the sub-basement of the CDC. Does McDonald’s sound ok, Henri?

Yes!...” Henri pants his breathing beginning to transition to hyperventilating. “’…Big Macs!…lot’s of them! And Coke!...lots of it!

OOC: Ok, Camus, this is a fairly critical point. Speed is of the essence. Of course, safety on the highway is important too. In this case, speed is actually more important. I notice that Sahir is a rather skilled driver. You may choose how fast you want to drive, but I’ll warn you that getting food to Henri too slowly will have negative consequences. The faster you drive, the better the result. But of course, the difficulty of the DC increases the faster you want to go. How much do you want to push your automobile?”
Camus

Sahir

Post by Camus »

Sahir nods to Girard. "No worries Doctor, we will sort this out." he reassures his superior.
"Alright Henry, get a shirt on and lets go. You know they wont serve you even on the automac if you have nothing on right?" Sahir says, foreseeing potential problems on the way. "I heard they have these killer double half pounders with extra cheese that I've been wanting to try myself." he encourages the young man with food. Better keep that raging mind on check.

OOC> Ok, so speed limit I guess that is the limit right?
心のコスモ を 抱きしめて 遥かな 銀河 へ
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Arachne

The six arms fold around her, each finding its own way to squeeze against her throax. "I am sorry to disappoint Mr. Raymond. As unfair as the world is, it is still up to each person to follow the rules if they are to live within it. If, if you need any help on this side of the law, please let me know and I'll be happy to help. I think that it was Doctor Martin Luther King *heartbeat* the social leader rather than the religious leader said that sometimes you must follow the law too closely to show the weaknesses in it."

A look of concern passes through several of her eyes. "Yes, please, a ride would be appreciated. Thank you."

Perception roll... and realizing that maybe dice just hate me. _: 1D20+10 = [1]+10 = 11
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Robert Murray

“Let me see here…”, In between the pauses in Ralph’s voice you here the clatter of fingers typing away on a keyboard.

“It’s now owned by an “Okinawa Sushi”. The business is a sole proprietorship owned by a Yuki Uchiboro. Also, the warehouse-building is not being leased. It’s actually owned. It’s in the name of the same Yuki Uchiboro. Before that you have to go back almost 30 years when it was owned by an APEX Supply Co. Apparently, they were an HVAC wholesale distributer who sold it to Mr. Uchiboro.”

He then pauses again before flirtatiously adding, “…how’s that for service?”
"You know you always give the best service. If I ever change teams, you'll be the first call I make.", says Robert playfully before saying bye. Robert liked to oblige the occasional flirtation not because it was the way he went, but because Ralph was a good chap who also provided useful information. One thing he learned as an agent was to develop sources.

All signs point to Yuki Uchiboro it seemed to Robert. Perhaps the retirement wasn't one he wanted and seeing an opportunity gave an invisible man some keys? Based on the state of the place, it didn't looks like a storage location for sanitary sushi equipment. Roberts mind ran through the possibilities. It was getting late and it had been a long day, so Robert decided to take up the questioning in the morning after some rest. Even he needed to sleep now and again.

Before leaving though, he decided to take a look at some of the crates, just to see what they might have been holding. The CSI blokes probably already did it, but while he was there he figured he might as well take a peak.
Investigate the crates for total roll of 26
Supernaturalist

OOC: Ok folks, this post will be a little shorter than previous ones. All three of you are at a point where the narrative is going to take a change. Without giving too much away, things are about to “’intensify” (is that vague enough?). Thank you for the role-playing and story development so far. I’m going to award a power point to each player as well as 1 HP.

Robert Murray

You wrap up your investigation of the crime scene by checking out the crates and pallets more closely. Strangely enough, there is nothing in any crate that you examine. It’s as if they are merely for show, adding to the image that this place is merely a warehouse.

You’ve taken in quite a bit of new info since arriving at the crime scene. Certain logical possibilities have emerged. And there is certainly enough justification to question the elder Uchiboro. As you leave the warehouse, you are greeting by the same officer who let you into the building. “Did you solve the crime ?”, he says with a half-smile, sealing the door shut after you exit. After a brief bit of banter with the officers, you head home .

As you drive back home, you get a voice-mail message from Pak, “You ok? I haven’t heard from you. I had a few words with a couple of locals who interact with some of the street-level Yakuza in Norcross. I didn’t get much. You’d think they’d be willing to talk after getting squeezed by these guys for years, but they were pretty tight-lipped. The only thing I did manage to get was some vague mumbo-jumbo about nasty “internal squabbles at the top of the food chain” about 4 or 5 years ago, and then how things got worse for local store-owners shortly after that. I know it’s not much, but…oh well. I’m gonna question some known gangsters from the Korean-side tomorrow. What’s on your agenda?

Arachne

The meal does not disappoint. And Ray picks of the tab. If it were not for the awkward, surreal moment when you touched, as well as the “’heavy”’ political conversation, this rendezvous could almost feel like a date.

Ray is polite despite your clear message that operating outside the bounds of the law in the name is justice is some thing you highly frown upon. While exiting the restaurant, you -in particular- garner stares from many of the other customers in the interior dining area of the establishment. This is The New South…a black man eating in a 5-star establishment, meh…not a big deal. A spider-humanoid mutant, on the other hand…still a big deal. Chef Serpas, however, seems glad to have your business and waves to the both of you as you leave.

On the ride back to your loft, Ray is cordial, and the conversation switches over to your charity work with the “Fashion Apprentice” Program during Atlanta fashion week. “I think what you’re doing is great. Those young girls will never forget your help, and the public will see your desire to better society. It’s a win-win for everyone.

When you pull up to your residence, Ray jumps out of the car and races around to your side to open the door for you. “Ms. Arachne, the pleasure was all mine. I hope you don’t mind me calling on you again? I’d like to check in on you from time to time. And you know that you can call me anytime. Whether things are going well or bad, I’m interested in how you’re doing. Have a good afternoon!
OOC: You may add any dialogue/questions you wish to the conversation with Ray. When lunch is over, it is roughly 1:30 P.M. How do you intend to spend the rest of the day/evening/night? Work? Home? You can let me know in the OOC thread.

Sahir

Dr. Lefort grabs a bathrobe out of Henri’s closet and drapes it over him. “Let’s avoid the party-crowd.” He says as he takes you down a back stairwell to a door that opens out into the beautifully-landscaped back yard. From there, you take a white, pea-gravel path back around to the front of the house. On the way, Dr. Lefort is texting frantically on his phone. “’I’ll let my wife know what we’re doing. She’ll inform Mercedes of the emergency.

As you make your way to the large, U-shaped drive-way, you see your sports-car up ahead. “Henri can ride in the front, Dr. Epstein and myself will take the back.” Dr. Lafort runs slightly ahead and opens the door for his son, who appears weak as he slowly positions himself into the front seat. In no time, you are accelerating out of the residence on onto the two-lane, neighborhood road. Dr. Lefort calls ahead to the McDonald’s and attempts to place an order with manager for 10 Big Macs. For several minutes he argues with manager before the supervisor grudgingly relents and allows a “call-in”’ order.

You have an innate respect for the speed limit, but decide to go slightly above it. Atlanta is known for its fast drivers, especially on the Interstate highways. Still, you never know when you’ll encounter a speed trap or overzealous highway patrolman. After driving for just over 5 minutes, you’ve had no bad luck thus far. With your eyes focused intensely on the road, you don’t really notice Henri until he starts breathing heavily again. As you pull up to a stop-light that is currently red, you glance over to the pale young man. He’s staring right at you…his eyes look very sad like a Bassett Hound’s. “I…I don’t feel so good. It…feels like I’m being devoured from the inside out.” You can feel yourself getting a little warmer as if you were sitting right next to a space-heater that had just been turned on.
OOC: You have just entered a commercial zone and you are about ½ mile from the McDonalds. This area has a substantial amount of traffic, but it’s not bumper-to-bumper. Henri looks like he’s on the edge of loosing it. Whaddaya do?