Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
nowhereman2

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by nowhereman2 »

Well... I intend to find out, Elizabeth thought. She touched a few quick switches on her PURSE and they formed gloves around her hands. These gloves were made to aid in the detecting of underlying emotional disturbance through thermokinetic contact and electromechanical senecense due to autonomic hyperactivation. In short, they detected lies and deception.

[PURSE: Enhanced ability - Sense motive +5]

"I..." Elizabeth paused, choosing her words carefully. "I am sorry to hear that. Hopefully we can find him elsewhere." Elizabeth grasped her hands with her metallic, but smooth gloves. "Thank you for your help today."

[OOC: Sense motive 21]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

She seemed sincere to you about the information she gave you but you get the impression that she didn't believe your story about why you wanted to talk to him in the first place.
Last edited by Poodle on Wed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth gave a slight curtsy. As she walked away with Iggy, she said "If someone is deceiving us, it isn't the receptionist. We might need to take more proactive measures into investigating his whereabouts."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What do you suggest?" The goblin asks, sour at being jerked around like this.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

"With a bit of time, I could possibly jury rig a clockwork automaton that could sneak inside the building. Or if that seems a bit risky, we could use it to surreptitiously investigate the building on the outside. Maybe look through some windows. I would want access to my tools, and it will take time to make something that could relay images wirelessly. I have heard of work from this Italian chap named Marconi that could be useful. In the meantime, we might see if Sir Reginald has another method of gaining this information. Though I think I would prefer unofficial channels. Don't want to alarm anyone here if they are indeed hiding Dr. Haber."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"We should definitely check with Sir Reginald. I'm not sure what we are looking for will be found back there." He says indicating the building they had left. "Everything is pointing us toward ship. We were only interested in Haber because of the Swamp Dragon. This could all just be a distraction from the Pirates we are tasked to find."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:23 am "We should definitely check with Sir Reginald. I'm not sure what we are looking for will be found back there." He says indicating the building they had left. "Everything is pointing us toward ship. We were only interested in Haber because of the Swamp Dragon. This could all just be a distraction from the Pirates we are tasked to find."
"Fair enough point. It feels like we are wasting time however. Still, better that than tip them off." Elizabeth got back into the coach. "Care to take us back to Sir. Reginald's?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy had no great skill at piloting one of these land vehicles but knew the route back to Sir Reginald's perfectly. Still, he took couple of switchbacks and roundabouts and asked his companion to keep an eye out for tailing vehicles (and kept an eye out himself).
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sir Reginald greets you warmly when you return to the mansion. He stands and bows for lady Elizabeth. He gestures for you both to sit. Iggy you notice a very nice goblin sized chair.
"I am sorry you missed Hob. I sent him away on another mission. He did give some information though. Apparently, there have been a spate of wild animal attacks and disappearances from the slums around Kings Basin. There are also rumours that gang bosses are being knocked off. Of course there are always rumours like this circulating but I had a chat with Sir Robert Peel and his lads confirm it. No one knows whether to cheer or be alarmed. He also said that a new gang has claimed the dock areas for themselves going by the name of the gutter princes.
Now what was your news? "
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy frowns, "The receptionist at the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company checked a seemingly international database of employees. No Chemist named Haber anywhere. She was obtuse, though not necessarily intentionally on their dealings in Africa or Denmark. Any luck tracking down recent ships from those countries in RDCP employ maybe?"
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

There are 3 in port at the moment. Der Konig's Traum is one of those new fangled "steam powered" ones. There is one more traditional infernal powered one called der Blau vogel, and an old fashioned sailing boat that the company charters from time to time called the Minerva.

Steam, ha! It'll never come to much... Some dammed scotsman tried to prove one could outrun a horse. Barely managed it but needed silly metal tracks. Can you imagine the cost of putting tracks everywhere! "
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:31 am There are 3 in port at the moment. Der Konig's Traum is one of those new fangled "steam powered" ones. There is one more traditional infernal powered one called der Blau vogel, and an old fashioned sailing boat that the company charters from time to time called the Minerva.

Steam, ha! It'll never come to much... Some dammed scotsman tried to prove one could outrun a horse. Barely managed it but needed silly metal tracks. Can you imagine the cost of putting tracks everywhere! "
"You said infernal powered? I seem to recall nearly being incinerated by a fiend on the previous ship. Perhaps this could be our best lead?"
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

saying something is infernal powered is like saying something is electrical powered..
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Which ship could match the Narwhale in speed well enough or had the stealth capable to do a boarding action such that many crew were caught asleep in their bunks and slaughtered?" Iggy asks, not knowing much about the sea vessels.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Sir Reginald ponders this, "not the steam powered one, those things are noisy. I would guess that either of the others would be capable. The Narwhal had no ensorcellment from memory."
Last edited by Poodle on Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.