Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC)

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Sir Reginald, can you find where Haber resides? Otherwise we would have to go to the Royal Dutch petroleum company and ask around. Also, can you find out which of the Petrolrum company's ships recently went to Africa? That would be a place to start as well." Iggy says.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:55 am
Just where is it you are going?
[OOC: Presumably, we are going to wherever Fritz Haber is likely to be found. Maybe we go to his lab at university, or his home assuming we can locate it.]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Your carriage drops you off at a very large red brick building, notably dutch in style. It is a bustle of activity with carriages and drays coming and going at all times.
When you come to the main doors an elegant gentleman in a top hat and colourful weskit bows and holds the door open for you. Ahead of you is a large round reception area. The receptionists look up from what they are doing, smile warmly at you and wait politely for you to state your business.
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:09 am Your carriage drops you off at a very large red brick building, notably dutch in style. It is a bustle of activity with carriages and drays coming and going at all times.
When you come to the main doors an elegant gentleman in a top hat and colourful weskit bows and holds the door open for you. Ahead of you is a large round reception area. The receptionists look up from what they are doing, smile warmly at you and wait politely for you to state your business.
"Good morning." Elizabeth began. "My compatriot here is looking for Mr. Haber. He is a fellow chemist and was looking at attaining some help identifying a compound we came upon recently. I myself am a mathematician, and though chemistry is not presently in my wheelhouse, I do take an interest in fields outside my own."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Lot of math in chemistry." Iggy adds. It wasn't part of any deception, just a fact.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The receptionist smiles cheerfully up at you. "What can I say your name is? Do you know what department he is in? We are a very large business with quite a few departments. We also employ quite a few chemists. Are you currently seeking employment. We are an excellent forward thinking company with many employment opportunities ...for everyone. Do feel free to look at our brochure and decide whether working for us might be something you would consider now or in the future."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"What kind of opportunities do you have for Travel?" Iggy asks. There was a strong Africaan connection in the evidence afterall.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

"We are a truly international company with offices all over the globe. People have many opportunities depending on their skill set, to work in other countries, assuming that they have no criminal convictions and show a good work history while employed by us. "
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Do you go, for example, to the Africas? I've heard interesting things about the properties of some of the things from animals there - horn and ivory and their biochemical effects... and such" the goblin prompts.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 7:31 am "Do you go, for example, to the Africas? I've heard interesting things about the properties of some of the things from animals there - horn and ivory and their biochemical effects... and such" the goblin prompts.
"Not quite sure I'd be interested in Africa. However, there are some museums and contacts I would like to meet in Denmark." Elizabeth joining in.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

"perhaps you would like to talk to someone in our employment department? As for your other request, do you have any more information apart from a last name? Haber is a relatively common name and we are a large office."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Fritz Haber, brilliant scientist and chemist, ground breaking work on piperonal derivatives, enlightened work in electrochemistry, an artist with polymer chains and virtuoso with covalent bonding techniques. I'd heard he is currently working for the Royal Dutch Petroleum Company." Iggy says, stunned that she would not know the genius of whom he spoke.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

"I am afraid the name doesn't ring a bell. If you don't mind waiting I can consult the dendroglyphic matrix but you know how long those can take. Would you like to take tea while you wait?"
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Iggy takes one of the employment brochures she was alluding to. "Mind if we look around your chemistry department ourselves? It would go a long toward my decision to work here or not, seeing your facilities."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

"I suppose I could also do with a good look around. I am always looking for a good puzzle to solve." Elizabeth added.