Her Majestiy's other secret service is now dead.

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Poodle

Re: Her Majestiy's other secret service (IC}

Post by Poodle »

The officer looks at your group, "I say madame tbat your podsnappery is enough to make a stuffed parrot laugh. Now where is the man in charge, I'll explain to him and he can let you all know what is going on."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:36 am The officer looks at your group, "I say madame tbat your podsnappery is enough to make a stuffed parrot laugh. Now where is the man in charge, I'll explain to him and he can let you all know what is going on."
She finishes fastening the last parts of her mechanical armor when the officer says this. "I am not sure which of us is in charge. I was told when we began that each of us is an expert in our chosen professions. At present however, I am the one speaking and so, I am the one who needs to know what is going on. We have a job to do. Are you going to assist us in it?"

[OOC In case, you need it. Diplomacy Check 22]
Fox in the Hole: GM
A Call to Adventure: Arcanum
Changeling - The Dreaming: Socket
Her Majesty's other secret service: Elizabeth Carolynn Erin Renwald
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

OOC good enough for me.
"When the vessel was brought in, a bunch of magical chappies were brought in to preserve the scene. They got their robes in a bunch when they were told some experts were coming in. No one has been on board since then. They sain blow out the candles before you go on board."
Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world. -Albert Einstein.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

[Iggy will go back to the conversation if/when Manchester responds.]

Hearing what the runes were intended for he curious goblin takes another look at them to make sure that's what they do.
Know: Arcana: 1d20+9 27
He does this while sneaking glances at the donning of the strange clockwork armor. Normally he'd be right there asking about the various components incessantly until he understood (or at least had names for) every piece, but he's been emphatically told that it is unseemly to watch a woman dress.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

Nice roll... You notice that there are 2 spells in place the obvious "temporalis im pacem" spell, or "time stop" spell and another, concealed within. The iconography does not suggest necromancy or any of the more common curses. You are not entirely sure of it's purpise but does not seem malign.
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Manchester

Manchester had been out of sorts since this entire thing began. Plans had been put on hold, considerations had to be made for the proper sensibilities of the unseemly mechanic woman and the green skins. Still, there was the Golden Rule- who has the gold makes the rules and he did ever so enjoy getting paid. He'd behave, at least for now, until a better opportunity came along. After all, there was the Golden Rule.

"Runic magic you said? Perhaps the old man wasn't as hard as he made me believe." A small case is opened, a pair of spectacles drawn forth, making the rogue look more like an owl.

"Fascinating, fascinating. Hardly up to the usual snuff, but good enough for a talented amatuer. Age brings its own quality."

He begins to step closer, being very careful to keep far enough back that any kind of guarding wards wouldn't be triggered but still close enough to get a better look at them.

"Were you given the words of negation?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

The officer is clearly relieved to see the man in charge. He steps forward to shake your hand enthusiastically. "Good day to you good sir, a pleasure, an absolute pleasure" he gushes. "As I said to your assistant I was just told to blow out the candles before letting anyone on board."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Elizabeth grabs her PURSE and touches a few delicate levers. Suddenly the metal purse begins to change shape until it forms what appears to be a large photographic plate system. "I will use this to get a view of the inside." She takes the PURSE, now in x-ray mode, and places it near a bulkhead door.

[OOC: Vision Penetrates Concealment, Extended]
Spectrum

Post by Spectrum »

Manchester

Admit to not being in charge...much less to a woman...a very attractive woman...
Tweaking the nose of a stuck up agent of the law...
Why was that such a difficult choice?

With a smirk, he hooks his shoulder over towards Elizabeth and ignores the hand, doesn't even notice it, "Ma'am, let me know when you're ready for me to turn off the wards?"
We rise from the ashes so that new legends can be born.
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:51 pm The officer is clearly relieved to see the man in charge. He steps forward to shake your hand enthusiastically. "Good day to you good sir, a pleasure, an absolute pleasure" he gushes. "As I said to your assistant I was just told to blow out the candles before letting anyone on board."
Elizabeth scoffs under her breath. Men, it seemed, would do everything in their power keep their delusion that women could not be as capable.
pathfinderq1

Post by pathfinderq1 »

Hob Henderson
HP: 1; LP: 1; Condition: Normal

Hob continued to follow along behind Miss Elizabeth as she went through her preparations, offering assistance if she need it while wrangling her armor. He said hardly a word and, most commendably, resisted the urge to toss the stuffy officer out a window- if these folk were good enough for Sir Reginald, they ought to be properly respected. Then again, this was hardly this most annoying military fellow he had ever seen- and it certainly wouldn't be the last one...

Once things seemed about to get interesting, he tensed up just a bit. If anything was set loose when the candles went out, he would be ready.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Poodle wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:18 am Nice roll... You notice that there are 2 spells in place the obvious "temporalis im pacem" spell, or "time stop" spell and another, concealed within. The iconography does not suggest necromancy or any of the more common curses. You are not entirely sure of it's purpise but does not seem malign.
"Two spells here, I think, time preservation and... something I know not. Nothing harmful I do not think." Iggy reports. "Let's douse candles and see." He says eagerly.
"Something pithy this way comes."
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Flynnarrel wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 4:17 am
Poodle wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:18 am Nice roll... You notice that there are 2 spells in place the obvious "temporalis im pacem" spell, or "time stop" spell and another, concealed within. The iconography does not suggest necromancy or any of the more common curses. You are not entirely sure of it's purpise but does not seem malign.
"Two spells here, I think, time preservation and... something I know not. Nothing harmful I do not think." Iggy reports. "Let's douse candles and see." He says eagerly.
"I concur. It would be nice if we get a good view of the door prior to opening. However, we should be fine turning off the spell." She looked at the sergeant, "You might want to place a small detachment of guards here while we explore inside. No telling what might be here. Better to make sure it stays here."
Spectrum wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:07 pm Manchester

Admit to not being in charge...much less to a woman...a very attractive woman...
Tweaking the nose of a stuck up agent of the law...
Why was that such a difficult choice?

With a smirk, he hooks his shoulder over towards Elizabeth and ignores the hand, doesn't even notice it, "Ma'am, let me know when you're ready for me to turn off the wards?"
Elizabeth gave Manchester the slightest of nods of appreciation. He probably deserved more, but that would undermine her... authority.
Poodle

Post by Poodle »

OOC. Elizabeth feel free to make a search roll and if someone is going to blow out the candles go for it. You all can tell that although the candles look normal they don't flicker and despite the minutes you have been here do not appear to have melted at all..
nowhereman2

Post by nowhereman2 »

Poodle wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:52 am OOC. Elizabeth feel free to make a search roll and if someone is going to blow out the candles go for it. You all can tell that although the candles look normal they don't flicker and despite the minutes you have been here do not appear to have melted at all..
[OOC: search 25]