[OOC] MnM 3e - The First Generation, one-shot

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [OOC] MnM 3e - The First Generation, one-shot

Post by Sakuro »

You even made a post mentioning that and I didn't notice. My apologies. There's a reason I'm not working in an IC post today. SHeesh.
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos »

No worries.
melonLord

Post by melonLord »

I'm incredibly sorry for the absence; I had several busy days at work and sort of lost track of how long it had been. I'll give more warning in the future.

I'm not sure what/if any persuasion/stealth rolls are required, but yes, Maryanne's going to try and leverage her contacts to get her hands on a car and get back to the building without alerting any Stronghold patrols.

Did Anika mention any sort of safehouse they'd be heading to? If not Maryanne's going to attempt to arrange that as well, probably using her Contacts advantage if possible.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Maryanne has had several minutes to flag down a car and convince someone to "give her and her friends a ride". Oddly … Stronghold hasn't rushed to the building. Or anywhere near it. Maryanne and the person she duped into helping her will enter the combat scene at the end of this round. After Russel and Anika have went. I'll supply you with a brief setup at that point.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

What kind of check might it be to get a side arm?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Anika has two. But you'd need to reach her. Mel has one. You could use a Move Action to take it from her, assuming she is willing to let Russel take it. You'd also need to move to her first.

If you want to take a sidearm from one of the Antagonists, Sleight of Hand or a Disarm Action.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

How far away is Anika, and Mel is right there, right, using melee attacks?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Anika is about 60 feet away. Mel … probably not more than 10 feet. She was trying to get close to Jamie and Russel. Taking the gun from Mel will be three Move Actions, if she willingly allows Russel to take it. Move to stand, if Russel continued to feign unconsciousness and allowed himself to fall to the ground. Move to Mel. Then Move to collect the object.

The Antagonists also moved out of melee range, so you would need to Move to get to them in order to try to take one of their sidearms.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Mel is not going to put up a fight if Russel goes for the weapon. While capable with a gun, she much prefers melee type fighting. In this case, now that everyone seems up for now, she is going to likely try to distract on some fashion.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Flynnarrel, injury is meant to be more punishing in this game/setting than what MnM 3e has set up by default (grim versus four color). I mentioned use of the lethal combat rules from the GM book. I'm also extending this to Recovery type actions. You aren't going to be able to take a Recover Action to shake off this Exhaustion/Fatigue (or a gunshot wound, for that matter). You have to spend a HP (your Heroic ability to push through things ordinary people couldn't) or get a solid eight hours of sleep. You also have a healthy amount of HP and a LP.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

I'll edit.
Done.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Exhaustion already contains the Impair condition and to my knowledge Impair doesn't stack or automatically progress to disabled. Sometimes you're just too tired to care about the boogers in your mouth.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

You are correct. For some reason I thought Exhausted was -2 movement speed ranks, not a combination of Hindered and Impaired. No, Impaired should not naturally stack or progress ... and in this instance I do not want it to even if that were the case. Though, that having been pointed out, Russel is straight up Impaired. Not just mentally or physically.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Please understand that Jamie disengaging like this is the same thing the ladies did by staying in the room and out of the fight; it leaves other characters alone to face an overwhelming number of incoming attacks when you have, literally, the character designed to combat a squad of minions.

I urge you to reconsider. If not, Jamie can at least take his standard action before he moves, maybe justify it by he's reducing the number of guys left to threaten Anika. He can cover the 60 ft. in one move Action since he's using the DC15 athletics (a free action, I believe) for +1 Speed to overcome Fatigue's Hindered condition, and his strait-up speed 1 let's him move 60ft. But please, stay and fight.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Good points Flynnarrel. Also keep in mind the objective is to escape. Not beat these enemy combatants. They have reinforcements. A fighting retreat is a balancing act and only moves as fast as your slowest party member. It is made more difficult when no one is taking charge and giving orders. Admittedly Mel yelled "run", but if you all ditched her she might get focused down.