The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
jmucchiello

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by jmucchiello »

OOC
kirinke wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:33 pm Amy did do a shapeable area heal that should include Adeleth.
Was Amy able to see Adeleth when she was prone on a raised platform and then not target the other prone figure also on the raised platform, Spiegel?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

OOC
I'm not sure it matters as it was also selective.
Healing: Shapeable Area Healing 6 (Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Persistent, Selective, Stabilize) to heal herself and any of her companions who need it.
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=236004 Healing 17
She used a hp for it.
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

OOC: If Adeleth was not dazed when her turn came around she would have phased out and then move back into the wall and head down and around the outside to where De Rais is to again come out of the wall behind them. Probably take more movement since she only has flight 1 while insub.

(I didn't realize when I made her I was creating a "ghost" who steps out of the wall behind people and shoots them in the head. :O )
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Please do! At this point, Amy is a distraction and she knows it and is hoping somebody on her side will capitalize on De Rais' distraction! The very fact that she's lasted this long against a named sorcerer of his caliber means something or somebody is looking out after her. :)

Adeleth is a perfect thief! :twisted:

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: She probably doesn't get there until next round, of course. Moving this round. Moving more next round then shooting.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy HP 1, LP 0, Dazed

In spite of his best efforts, The tear in reality leading down to hell did little more than shake them. Somehow they managed to stay aloft, the Force enveloping them in it's comforting grip and protecting them from the worst of Hell's miasma. Still, the little they glimpsed of Hell dazed them and it would take awhile to shake off the effects.

"De Rais. We are waiting for you."
Amy intoned, her voice echoing as if many different beings were speaking through her.

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to open a path to hell underneath the feet of somebody who could talk to and see ghosts and other noncorporeal entities. Especially when the one casting the spell caused so many horrible deaths. There was bound to be hard feelings for that spell-casting person on the other side.

ooc
(ooc: She probably doesn't get there until next round, of course. Moving this round. Moving more next round then shooting.)
No worries. She's lasted this long, she can last a leetle longer. I can see the ghost's (or whatever is pissed off at De Rais) taking advantage of Amy's dazed state to 'talk' to De Rais so I went with it.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Please do keep longer OOC discussions to the OOC thread in the future :) Thanks.

Despite his size, the man is obviously trained in close quarters combat and easily sidesteps Torque's somewhat clumsy attack...
Yeah, that missed. Alma's turn.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Alma Condition Dazed

"Alma, instead of Moonlight, Dark Blast on Panzermensch." Amy ordered. "Your attacks won't do much good against De Rias, he's pretty much a pure dark type himself!" she told the dark pokemon

"Thank you Captain Obvious." Alma snarked at the obvious point-out as she leveled a blast of pure darkness at the huge man attacking Torque. "Keep up the heals. We'll cover you as always." Alma advised in her always practical way.

Amy looked at De Rais. "You've made some really powerful beings really unhappy down there." she told him matter of factly."Fighting here, probably isn't the wisest course of action all things considered." she shuddered. "One wrong spell or Force anything could open this place up like a badly sealed sardine can." she looked around. "Pissed off spirits are never fun to deal with." she said dryly. "I think we both know that from experience." she shook her head. "If we both live through this, I might tell you. It'll amuse you."

ooc
Sorry, we got carried away. At least it was a nice discussion. ;)

Dark Blast: Damage 6 (cold, force, or life-drain, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged)
Attack: 13. http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=236374
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:34 am, edited 8 times in total.

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The massive man ducks under the dark blast, but then proceeds to lay into Torque with bare fists!
If a 16 hits, DC 25 to resist again.
The woman reaches for a round object on her belt and tosses it towards Lilly...
It's a grenade! Burst area damage 5 DC 20 to resist
Dodge DC 15 for half damage (DC 17).

Lilly's turn
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Condition: Staggered, Bruised -1
Hero Points: 1

Quite impressed by the woman accurately throwing a grenade some 40 metres (right across the engine room), Lilly attempts to dodge out of the way...

Attempting to dodge the grenade: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10

But doesn't quite manage it and takes the full brunt of the blast.

Resisting the damage from the grenade: 1D20+6 = [3]+6 = 9

Which fails by 11 and does more than a little damage, leaving her Bruised and Staggered (Dazed and Hindered). Ouch!

Despite this, keeping hold of the woman's gun in her left hand, Lilly throws the Blessed iron knife that Amy lent her at Gilles de Rais from by the door [she is dazed so she can't teleport as well], hopefully in a position where she won't hit any of the others in the team if she misses. This is an All Out Power Attack, hoping that whatever blessing is on it will have an extra impact on whatever evil is powering him over and above the knife itself...

Throwing the Blessed iron knife at Gilles De Rais: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

Unfortunately her aim seems to be a bit off! Something to do with being exploded no doubt! If it hits, it'll be DC 23 to resist the damage (plus the effect of the Blessing, if any).
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

De Rais does not even acknowledge the knife as it harmlessly bounces off his magical wards.
Yup, that does nothing. Peekaboo's turn.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Thunder on de Rais." she told Peekaboo.

Peekaboo nodded and blasted the sorcerer. "Why do I have a feeling we're going up against a human Chandelure?"

"We are." Amy assured him and grinned at the sorcerer. "Nothing personal, it's just professional pride. Personally, I'd rather have avoided this for obvious reasons, but you work with what you have." she shook her head. "I hate dungeon diving!"

ooc
Thunder: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (electricity, DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged): dc16 reflex for half followed by dc 18/21 toughness

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

While De Rais does not manage to get out of the affected area, his magical protections seem to hold, causing the blast to only slightly singe him...
-3 toughness. Ren's and Amy's turns
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

The girl keeps up with the heals, unleashing another burst of light and shadow that envelopes her, her pokemon and companions, which heal and comfort them.

Meanwhile, she sighed unhappily. "Ren, another watergun please on de Rais. " sometimes you had to beat your opponent (or at least give a good showing of yourself) before they'd listen to reason. This was true of both pokemon and humans.

"Why do I have the feeling I'm auditioning for a job as well as fighting for my life?" she snarked. "Let's see how somebody barely out of apprenticehood goes up against a full fledged, top tier, dark sorcerer and see how long she lasts. It's a perfect test of her skills!"

She shook her head at the sorcerer. "If I survive this, I'm looting my employer's operation account to the freaking proverbial bed-rock and sleep easy after." she looked thoughtful. "And yes, I'm well-aware I'm yabbering too much. I'm scared out of my mind." she said factually.

The very fact that she hadn't turned tail spoke volumes of her own bravery. That or her sheer insanity. It was hard to tell which at this point.

"That's the spirit!" Ren cheered in his psychotic way and slammed another watergun in the sorcerer's direction.

ooc

Amy
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=236621 Heal 15
Healing: Shapeable Area Healing 6 (Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Persistent, Selective, Stabilize) to heal herself and any of her companions who need it.
She can keep doing this until she switches it out for something else I believe.

Ren
http://www.coyotecode.net/roll/lookup.php?rollid=236622 watergun attack 12
Water Gun: Damage 6 (water impact, DC 21; Increased Range: ranged, Penetrating 6)

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

De Rais sidesteps the burst of water with contemptuous ease.
" Yes, you talk too much", he responds. " But do not worry, I can fix that."

He holds up his hand and glowing eldritch runes flicker to life around it...a moment later, several spikes of dark, oily steel shoot towards Amy!
Multiattack against Amy. If a 20 hits, DC 22 to resist. If the attack hits by 2 degrees, DC 24 and if it hits by 3 degrees, DC 27.
Also, an insight check from those who observe De Rais, please.
Adeleth's turn.