The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Tony Jones

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Tony Jones »

Well the original description was:
As for the room....it's large and round with a massive generator in the middle. There is a set of controls on a dais to the back of the room, shielded from the generator itself by a glass pane. The voices are coming from behind the glass pane. There is also an elevated walkway that can be reaches both from the ground level and the dais with the controls on it and runs along the wall of the room at 12 feet high.
Which I interpret to be something like the picture below (G is generator, D is dais of course):

kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
are we ready for initative and combat?
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

(ooc: I already asked that too so I'm ready.)
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

ooc
Gah. Sorry. I'm not doing it on purpose!

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

np, since I did cause the "where are we" sidebar, I was just restating my readiness.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

OOC: Ready!
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"If we're ready, let's do this now." she said as she took a deep breath, then with the Force, ripped the door clean off it's hinges as easily as you could rip a piece of paper. If possible, she'll use the door to shatter the glass (I don't think she can hit the sorcerer with this attack)

"Peekaboo Thunder on the bad guys, don't hit our people or the Youtubers if they're there." she ordered.

"Alma, Dark pulse on the bad guys, don't hit our people or the Youtubers if they're there." she ordered.

"Ren, Dazzling Gleam on the bad guys, don't hit our people or the Youtubers if they're there." she ordered.

There was a real reason why she referred to herself as a sweeper.

OOC
Initative
https://orokos.com/roll/790938 18 Amy
https://orokos.com/roll/790939 22 Peekaboo
https://orokos.com/roll/790940 14 Alma
https://orokos.com/roll/790941 22 Ren

Amy
Tearing down the Door
Telekinesis: Move Object 6 (100 tons; Increased Mass 6, precise)

Peekaboo
Thunder: Shapeable Area Damage 6 (electricity, DC 21; Shapeable Area: 30 cft., DC 16, Increased Range: ranged): dc16 reflex for half followed by dc 18/21 toughness

Alma
Dark Pulse: Affliction: Affliction 6 (Linked; 1st degree: Fatigued, 2nd degree: Exhausted, 3rd degree: Incapacitated, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Increased Range: ranged), Linked Healing: Healing 6 (Linked; Limited: Self Only)

Ren
Dazzling Gleam: Burst Area Affliction 1 (1st degree: Impaired, 2nd degree: Disabled, 3rd degree: Unaware, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 11; Burst Area: 30 feet radius sphere, DC 11, Increased Range: ranged, Selective; Limited: Vision)
Last edited by kirinke on Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Initiative: 1D20+11 = [5]+11 = 16

Adeleth phases into a nearby outer wall and flies up and around to the raised dais so that she is behind the targets there.(At her fly speed 60 ft/r this could easily take both her move and action in the first round since she is going the long way around.) When the targets are distracted, she will act. (probably next round)
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Initiative on going into the Engine Room: 1D20+6 = [1]+6 = 7

Lilly is clearly not paying attention to what is going on...

But assuming the room is less than 250m across, Lilly closes her eyes, teleports to the side of the man in the mirror costume (the woman being directly behind him), on the side away from the direction the woman is looking if possible, reappearing facing him (keeping her eyes shut the whole time), does an All Out Power Attack on him [Damage Rank 8, -2 Defenses], then teleports back to the door, reappearing facing back into the room [Turnabout on Teleport].
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

Okay, I'm very visual and so please bear with me.

A is the woman
B is the man, Spiegel
C is the guy in SS uniform
D is the "french" guy

Right? Who is the mirror guy?
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

Lilly's going for the mirror man, Spiegel, her eyes closed, aiming to appear directly above the B in the picture above, facing him, ready to punch, then teleport away again.
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

//Okay, Initiative count:
Peekaboo: 22
Ren: 22
Spiegel:19
Amy: 18
De Rais:;17
Adeleth: 16
Torque: 16
Alma: 14
Panzermensch: 13
The woman: 11

Torque?
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

Init: 1d20+1 16
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

As the door is yanked off it's hinges, all eyes turn to the entrance.
" War ja nur eine Frage der Zeit (Only a matter of time)", the woman says. " Tötet sie (Kill them)."

Peekaboo's lightning crackles through the air, sending shocks through the three people standing near the consoles.
The Panzermensch, however, merely grunts, his uniform singed but apparently not really worse for wear. The stench of burnt leather fills the room.
He made his Toughness check without much difficulty
The woman somersaults backward, her feet finding the wall and propelling her forward again. She lands out of the area affected with perfect posture, hinting at superhuman enhancements.
Made the Dodge save and then the reduced toughness one
However, Spiegel does not have as much luck. He is thrown backwards as the console shorts out, singed.
" Seid ihr völlig geisteskrank (Are you completely nuts)?" he yells in German, " das sind empfindliche Geräte (this is delicate equipment)!"
He's at -1 toughness and dazed
Ren's dazzling beam follows...but leaves your enemies utterly unimpressed, all shrugging off the effect without much effort.

Groaning, Spiegel gets up, grabs a couple of mirror-shards from his uniform, tears them off and sends them flying, where they adhere to the walls and the floor. " Come, you dumb subhumans...come...", he says in heavily accented English this time - in that voice of that guy who thinks he's the smartest man in the room.
Okay, with his power, we kind of leave the usual rules behind a bit. Basically, the area within a half-circle of about 20 feet in front of him is now littered with mirrors. To get through this area unharmed, you have to either close your eyes for the round so as not to see his reflection or succeed at a DC 16 Dodge check to avoid looking at any mirror that has the proper angle. Success means you pass through unharmed, failure will result in an attack of his monstrous mirror-doppelganger against you that automatically hits with an attack resisted by a DC 23 toughness check. The doppelganger is impervious to harm but dissipates after the attack.
//Alma's turn - it's not an area affliction she is using so who is she aiming at?
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Good work guys, keep it up!" she said as Alma unleashed her own dark pulse against the sorcerer.

Alma shook her head. "I need to learn another move. Dark pulse isn't working very well."

ooc
The Sorcerer.
https://orokos.com/roll/791610 dark pulse 14
Le sigh.

There's a reason why I like area attacks. My attack rolls generally suck. :roll:

Amy and company aren't going into the mirror-maze if they can possibly help it. She's a long range sweeper anyway.
Last edited by kirinke on Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Battle Init