The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Neo-Paladin

Re: The Merge: Agents and Powers Chapter 2: Agents Abroad

Post by Neo-Paladin »

The problem is that the spirits are still not exactly coherent. From what you can gather from the fragments of their babbling, you can safely assume that they more or less stumbled through into the world when whatever portal the Nazis used malfunctioned and now are lost between worlds...and have been for decades, rendering many of them pretty much insane...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"So now we gotta shut the portal." she said as she relayed what she had gathered from listening to the spirits. "Why can't adults clean up after themselves?" she asked dryly. "Although calling Nazis adults is stretching it."
Kirinke's Compendium of Wondrous Creatures
Kirinke's Conversions (D&D Items to M&M3E Rules)

Battle Init
Viv: 24
Ren:22
Peekaboo: 20
Deutschritter: 19
Amy: 15
Angrboda: 15
Adeleth: 14
Thugs: 12
Lilly: 7
Alma: 5
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"There's an open portal?" Adeleth says. "A stable portal has been open since 1946 and after the merge?"
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"It's malfunctioning." Amy told her. "We are ceiling-deep in spirits though." she waved her hand to encompass the entire bunker.

"If you could really hear them, you would be practically deafened. The only reason why they aren't as much of a threat as they could be is they're mostly nuts."

She kicked the wall vindictively. "Think of this portal thing as a doorway over a deep, pitch-black pit for these poor spirits. Then imagine falling in and not being able to get out. You're lost, alone in a dark, frightening place and you can't escape." she looked up. "Not any of us could remain sane after decades of that. That's what they're experiencing and have experienced."

"The very fact that you can hear their whispers without any special powers is tantamount to how many there are."

"This is one of the many, many reasons why I hate underground places." she finished with one last kick. "May Giratina guide them back to the Ghost World where they belong."

Battle Init
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Okay, if they fell into a pit, how do you get them back through the portal?" Adeleth asks. "I don't think we want to do anything where we're realigning the portal."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"We try to contact somebody on the other side of the portal who can lead them back and we work together to create something they can use to get to the other side." she said. "It's the only thing I can think of." she sighed again. "We'll know more once we get to the blasted thing." she shook her head. "I'm just guessing here Adeleth based on what we've found and what I and Lily are hearing. This is kinda outside my usual area of expertise."

She chuckled. "My usual method of dealing with spirits is let the professionals handle em. When I try fighting them, I usually get my rear handed to me." she shuddered.

"Never screw with ghost pokemon and poltergeists in a toy store. You will have nightmares for life."

She raked back her hair. "Well, I think we've learned all we can here. Let's go to the labs and see what's going on."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

So, you make your way out of the office and head down the other corridor, which soon splits into two more corridors. One to the left ends after a few feet at a shaft leading further down into the bunker's depths via a freight elevator. The other corridor sports ten reinforced doors along its length and, at its end, a ladder through which a small enclosed space can be entered, some sort of lookout with a glass front towards the corridor and a now-useless gun turret next to it.
Last edited by Neo-Paladin on Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"I have never seen so many spirits before either," comments Lilly. "There are some in Essen, but nowhere near as many, and nowhere near as distraught. I know nothing about how we might help them, though your plan sounds like a good one if it is possible, Amy. As long as we can avoid making thing worse, for us, for your world, and for the spirits. In which case waiting for 'the professionals' might be best."

She shivers when she sees the corridor with the cells. Crowds of ghosts are not something that concerns her too greatly, but this has too much of an air of Apokalips for her liking. If the doors are open, or if they have a viewing hatch or other way of sensing inside (whether by sight or sound), then Lilly will do so, senses still on the alert for danger. If the doors are shut she is not opening them...
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"If this doesn't work, I'm going to the local Buddhist temple and asking the monks for help. This many spirits is beyond what any person like us could help alone." she said as they walked. "At least they can contact somebody 'higher up' to help out." she noted. "Anyway, we'll know more on what we should do once we've really gotten a look at the portal and related stuff."

"F-cking Nazi scumbags." she muttered. "Just another reason to want to stomp them flat."

Battle Init
Neo-Paladin

Post by Neo-Paladin »

There are small hatches through which the interior of the cells can be seen. All cells contain human remains, mostly reduced to skeletons by the inexorable march of time.
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"Are we re-evaluating not yelling at the You-tubers we're trying to save? I know I am." she said.

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"They are not in the cells here," comments Lilly. "Just the remains of some of their former victims. Though I suppose that could be considered to be a bad thing..."

She considers Amy's words for a moment. "What is a 'Buddhist'? And a 'You-tuber'?" she asks.
jmucchiello

Post by jmucchiello »

"Buddhism is a philosophy/religion that believe people should work to improve their spiritual self to become enlightened, or one with the universe. It centers on meditation and self-understanding," Adeleth says. "Youtuber is a person who creates videos on a platform called Youtube, hoping to attract greater and greater viewership. A marketer, though I'm not sure you'll know what that is."
kirinke

Post by kirinke »

Amy

"I was introduced to it through an Alakazam, a very powerful psychic pokemon who helped me when my powers first awoke. It helps me control my gifts and as far as religion/philosophies go, it's not a bad one to live by however imperfectly I do so." she smiled a little. "It's a great deal more balanced than the Jedi/Sith religion." she smiled a little. "My particular belief system is more akin to Shinto Buddhism as seen through the pokemon universe."

"I'll explain what Shinto is after we take care of this mess. That's a very involved explanation involving spirits and a variety of gods."

Battle Init
Tony Jones

Post by Tony Jones »

"Ah, I see, at least partly," nods Lilly. "Thank you. I suppose the more spiritually enlightened of your Buddhists might be just what is needed here."