[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Peace In Our Time

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

“You want me to try hacking NATO cameras?” He asks with a feigned nonchalance.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 4
-—o—-

"Can't you?" Mike asked, eyebrow raised as if putting Kaito's skill to question.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
EpicEclipse

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Ride of the Horsemen

Post by EpicEclipse »

Vincent Colt
1 :HP ο COND: Healthy
Array:

From his vantage on the building edge, protected from nosy eyes with his manifested stealth cloak, Vincent keeps watch through the scope of a high power sniper rifle as he keeps up with the chatter from the others. "If you want a riot, a few well-placed shots will stir people up. With a disguise, I could probably go in and make a few hits to stir the pot, make one side think it was the other."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Well yeah." He says in an over-exaggerated, 'no duh' cadence. "But if they're actively watching they'll see them moving in odd ways. Could be a chance they regain control and trace the hack or lock me out."

"And that's assuming they're digital. Older buildings tend to analog, hard-wired systems. without outside access."

"Might be better if, during the rally, I visit each physical camera and glitch them out. A little Chaos Smoke should do the trick. They'll still know something's up but there won't be a hack trail leading to us or a quick way to fix them."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 2
CND: Healthy

Garald watched the exchange between Mike and Kaito, waiting for the thing wearing the face of an Asian man to draw Kaito out of his play at coyness. Meanwhile he reviewed Vincent's proposal and considered the pros and cons integrally before addressing it aloud.

"We need more than blind panic Vincent. We need something we can control. Once you start firing, security will begin looking for you as well. Better not to expose youself until the need arises … and I expect our powered rivals will intercede at some point."

After Kaito explained his thoughts on hacking the NATO cameras and offered an alternative suggestion Garald rejoined that side of the discussion.

"How confident are you in your ability to go unnoticed Kaito? What you are proposing puts you in a position where you may get caught on camera. Would you rather I disable the cameras at the rally?"
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito nods. "They're unlikely to be at ground level but you could Neo your way up there." he says excitedly. "But I'm pretty sure I can do it with my hoodie up if you're doing something else."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Kaito wasn't confident in his ability to perform the action of blocking out cameras quickly and without being detected, but he'd expressed a willingness to act as a backup. Garald nodded in acknowledgement, though his expression and body language suggested an 'I'll do it' air. With that covered he looked to Mike who had been fuming over call he'd had with Roberta.

"Mike, if you want to get any pre-rally footwork in, go for it. Gather a posse, influence the cops, plant some seeds amongst rally attendees or embassy workers. Now is the time for those sort of things."

Garald's eyes lingered on Mike a moment longer then shifted back to Kaito.

"Is there anything you need to do before the rally? Such as look into the brit and Good Samaritan? We have a bit less than four hours."

Looking between the two Horsemen that were physically in his presence, though addressing the group.

"Vincent is in position, watching the park. I'll be on standby if quick response backup is needed."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

"Hey, bring up those pictures for a moment and let me take a crack at them. Then I'll make sure they get to the local Boys in... Whatever the color police wear around here is." Mike says, referring to the that if Brit-dude and Samaritan.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito sends the pictures to Mike's phone.

"The Brit wasn't in any known database.... Like, anywhere."

"And Angelstein," He shakes his head doubtfully, "we can maybe find the man he was, but I'll bet that has as much to do with who he is now and what he can do as our paths relate to us."

"Four hours though, I guess I can look up the crazy professor. See if he has security or guns at his place."
Kaito says.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

The news about the Brit not showing up in Kaito's searches earned a thoughtful silence from the broody Russian. He mused on this lack of information until Kaito started to disregard any attempt to look into the man they confronted at the Golden Gate bridge. When Kaito talks about using their finite time before the action kicks off to look into the professor, Garald waves a hand dismissively.

"The professor doesn't have any bearing on what we are doing here in Brussels, does he? If not, then he is not a priority. The Samaritan, however, may try to stop us. Don't disregard a person's past. It shapes who they are in the present."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

"I'll see what my digital sketch artist rendering can come up with in the different government and law enforcement databases... even religious ones." Kaito says.

He turns to his tablet, this new avenue of research starting to cycle up in his brain.
Investigation: 1d20+15 30
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Catastrophe is able to bring up basic information on the good samaritan. Not matching exactly appearance wise, the sketch is a close enough to a Ronald Green of New York. He is a small time writer, mostly cheesy romance stories to pay his bills. His one novel not involving romance was about a group of people who got powers only to become greedy. It was largely panned as derivative, unoriginal, and forgettable. In the police databases, he has a few tickets over the years, but not much else. At the federal level, on the surface without going too deep, he has just his basic information with nothing to stand out. Interestingly enough, at the time of the bridge incident he was getting a speeding ticket in New York.
If you are wanting to dig deeper, I am going to need a technology check to hack some secure databases with the difficulty increased by 5 if you want to cover your tracks.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

He'll start by getting as much as his father's military passwords can get.

Then hacking and covering his tracks, even if that means getting less data.
technology: 1d20+18 36
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 4
-—o—-

He sighs, rather having preferred Kaito just let him take a crack at the laptop for a few minutes, but dismisses it and get's to work by opening up the phone's crude editor. Very carefully and oddly artful he manages to get some text onto both images, describing the two as being armed and dangerous people who've subscribed to the notion of chaos and breaking down society. They are considered highly dangerous and to be shot on sight, with intent to kill. Work finished he sends them back to Kaito.

"I'm sure you can find a way these'll find themselves in front of the right eyes, yeah?" Mike asks, grin wide.

OOC: Using the Propoganda power to instill the right message in his edits. They are contagious ideas, which would represent the viewers spreading the information about these clearly dangerous individuals.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Digging into federal databases, Catastrophe is able to find that Ronald Green was questioned by the FBI. Based on the notes in the system, he was giving a reading of his latest cheesy romance book Love Grows Eternal to a group of 20 mostly older audience complete with autographs and the like in New York. Based on the notes, the agents don't know why they were questioning him, only noted what they found.

As for the message getting out, Kaito is able to get it out easily. Prior evidence would suggest though that the Good Samaritan was already on watch lists, so the effects of the notice probably wouldn't do much.