[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Sakuro

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

When Kaito forwarded the picture to them Garald looked it over. After seeing the bracelet he looked at the faces of the people at the celebration. Estimating the number he hoped to determine whether it was a more selective gathering, or one that could have very well been open to anyone on the rig. If it were selective, the faces of the people may matter much more.

"Ask any final questions and wrap up the investigation here. No need to linger longer than required."

… Garald comments over their communal mental link. After Kaito and Mike have had a chance to act on any last ideas or inquiries they may have had Garald leads the way outside, and out of sight. Speaking over their link as he went.

"The picture of the party suggests the bracelet is in fact on the rig. Anyone, or everyone, in that photo could be connected to the bracelet. Do the two of you feel it is worthwhile visiting the next family to try to narrow down a more solid lead on the bracelet and who is associated with it?"
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

The disguised body of Mike leans in to the man, mirth replaced by grim deceleration. "We weren't here. You'll forget everything about us arriving, and when you talk to your daughter next you'll tell her much the same." With that done, he leaves the father and daughter behind, mentally slotting their connection to him for later use. For as long as it lasts at least.

"We still have time, and our disguises remain intact. If they'll help us narrow it down even further, then perfect. Excellent work by the way, Kaito, as always."
Last edited by Doctor Malsyn on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"I don't think we're going to learn enough to justify the exposure. I'd say just get to the rig and get set up." Kaito communicates to the others. "Just cuz this went smoothly doesn't mean someone won't see through our disguises or notice three strangers entering the next place or... any of the other thousand things that can go wrong. Not worth it."

Kaito will delete the image off of the computer irrecoverably just in case someone else goes looking for it.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald listened to the response from each of his companions. He considered the tone of their speech, the bearing of the person, and what they said carefully. Not just because he wanted their input, but also to help him guage their mindset. Mike's attitude was consistent with it's actions and methods from their first meeting up to this point. Kaito, it felt as though the young man were faltering, even after he'd been shown through experience that there had been minimal risk in this outing.

"At present, when we arrive at the oil rig we are still forced to wonder aimlessly and hope that we stumble upon the bracelet. None of us should be content with this lack of information. Relying on random chance is no strategy. Let us continue."

Garald's initial response came mentally while they were enroute back to Kaito's van. After they had arrived he looked first to Mike, then focused on Kaito as he spoke aloud now.

"I sense that you are holding back Kaito. Does this reluctance have something to do with your own family?"
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"We won't get anywhere without risks Kaito. It's not like we're kicking down their doors and hogtying them and torturing them for information- Well, not yet at least." He says, waving his hand off to the side in nonchalance. While Mike was good at talking humans over to his side with preternatural ease, it's clear the same didn't quite crossover to his fellow horsemen. Gerald however, seemed to have a knack for this whole 'leadership' thing when it came to their team, so he let him do most the talking here.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"No wandering! We had a plan for the rig.... Mike, body-swapping Robert. That's still the plan right? From there we initiate a drug/contraband search of the bunks. I can spoof a corporate memo mandating it and put Robert in charge of executing it. People get jumpy around big meetings. It's unlikely to be in the low level employee's bunks but the confusion gives us opportunities. We can set things up for the big meet tomorrow*. I need to get into their cameras, set up some of my own maybe to cover the gatherings. And if we DO find it while tossing bunks, all the better." Kaito says quickly, spouting ideas as they came to him.

* it's tomorrow right?
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald was silent, brow furrowed, as he listened to Kaito avoid the matter he had brought up. After the youth had finished speaking about his idea for the following day, Garald allowed a a handful of seconds to go by as though purposefully giving him more time to speak. When he didn't, Garald responded.

"We are not talking about tomorrow. That is already covered. We're talking about you right now … and you didn't answer the question. In fact, you avoided the topic entirely."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito/Catastrophe

"And I'm saying we don't have to wait til tomorrow - we can enact our plan now and have time to set up extra stuff at the rig before the meeting." Kaito clarifies. The next part is reluctantly said, like pulling teeth. "Yes, if someone went after my family... my mother... I'd... We just... shouldn't be going after families like this."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald to patiently continued to listen to Kaito when he shared his ideas, which the Russian took to at least be in part an effort to distract from the issue Garald brought up. He didn't acknowledge them yet. He remained focused on the topic of how Kaito was acting differently now. There was an initial calloused steel in his expression when the youth talked about not going after someone's family. Then he considered the sentence leading up to that remark. When he responded Garald started sternly, as if trying to impress some important fact on his younger counter part. But the severity of his tone eased as he shifted away from the families of the Guardians to Kaito's own mother.

"These people give succor to the enemy Kaito. They do not deserve your sympathy. There may be something we can do to alleviate the concern over your own family, however."

At this he turned at the hip to half face Mike in his feminine guise.

"Are you able to arrange for someone to discretely keep watch over Kaito's mother?"

Garald waited for confirmation that this was a precaution that could be put in place before turning back to address Kaito.

"Mike's asset can alert us to any move against your mother. If something arises, we can teleport to her and deal with the issue."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Our 'enemies' are Angelstein, the Hungarian Illusionist, and the Literal F-ing Devil with the failed Horseman; these families had nothing to do with them. Don't start seeing enemies everywhere, Garald. Humanity's the prize, not the competition." Kaito insists. "And this is neither a challenge OR fun."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"That's exactly why we need to check all our bases Kaito. If it'll make you happy we'll be 'extra careful' to avoid attracting too much attention." Mike says, rolling his eyes. "Hell, I'll even make sure someone's in place watching your damn parents. Fat load of good mine ever did for me, can't believe you actually care about yours."

Sighing, he waves his hand to dismiss it all. "Whatever, we're wasting valuable time here. Let's just get going already."
------------
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

There is a slow shake of the head from Garald when Kaito stubbornly refuses to listen or expand his perspective.

"Not everyone that appears innocent is. These people are related to the Artifact Guardians. They were made to stop us. Eventually one of them will be aware of that and, if you haven't noticed, one of those Artifacts is killing Mike."

At mentioning Mike's plight Garald gestures to the creature wearing a human body like an article of clothing. Garald's bearing is neither cold and distant nor hot and furious as he speaks. Instead there is a sense of his trying to show or explain something that may be hard to understand. There is a pause for a few seconds before he transitioned to moving past Kaito's personal issues and steered matter back to continuing their mission.

"It would be good if you accompanied us to the next household but you do not have to. You may begin making your preparations for tomorrow if that is what you want."

Garald waited patiently for the youth's response, then if he held out the ring for them to teleport as a group to the next families home, he would take hold.
OOC wrote:If Kaito wants to make his preparations Garald can super-speed himself and Mike to the next house. So do not worry about transportation if that was a concern.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito

"Killing him?" Kaito said skeptically, "If you mean dropping the thralls in his network that's like a haircut at worst for him."

"There's no decent places around here to get the equipment I want for the rig." He searches a few things on the computer then pulls up a satellite map. "Here's a spot not far off from the next house that I can still drive to get the equipment I want. Let's go there." he says, holding up the ring.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

Mike masterfully holds back the tide of rage from the implication that looking each seed of his consciousness was only 'as bad as getting a haircut.' Kairi didn't understand what it was like to feel those parts of himself wither and die just as fast as new ones begin to sprout and bloom.

He needed the network, it went more then simply desiring to be in control.

"Let's go then~" Was his eventual response instead as he held out a hand for the ring, tone perhaps a touch more forced the usual.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Once everyone touches the ring, the three Horsemen find themselves in Natchitoches, LA not too far from Northwestern State University. Following a path to the house of Leon's family, they trio find themselves looking at a wooden house not terribly big, but big enough for Eleanor, his wife, Alfonzo, his youngest 10 year old son, Reginald, his middle 12 year old son, and Mercy, his oldest 17 year old daughter. There is a few kids riding bikes on the residential streets and people walking, but it is mostly quiet. Immediately, the trio see no car parked in front of the house or in the drive way. Given the hour 6:30PM it is possible they parked in the garage or are out to dinner.
To speed things along, if you check you'll find them not at home.