[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Black Gold

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito initially leaves his friends to their grim task and drives his van and arranges for purchases of electronics and cameras he might need for their time on the rig. What do they say in the link and what do they want to do?
"Something pithy this way comes."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

When no reply comes from knocking on the front door Garald does steps out of view, along side of the house, and checks out the garage. No vehicle. It was a speed dump. Something that slowed them down but didn't mean they were thwarted.

"They aren't here. Perhaps out of town due to the event taking place at the oil rig. It doesn't matter that much. If Kaito can get their phone numbers, Mike can call them."

Pausing he looked to Mike for confirmation of this proposal. Once he had it he went on.

"That may be easier than Mike and I looking around the house for their mobile phone numbers, and less obvious that me kicking the door down. A picture of the Gold Bars necklace can be sent if needed for visual reference."
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito will help out as he can.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

While driving to the local Walmart Super Store, Kaito gets the the request over the special link for the numbers of the Leon's family. Traffic is lighter, but still not light enough to search the internet for the information requested. From experience, Kaito knows that he could probably get the wifes number from a simple search that anyone can do. The kids, being minors, were a different story. They wouldn't be listed and depending on if they had facebook accounts or other social media with their number he would need to hack those.

Taking a chance at an unusually long light, Kaito finds the wife's number through a simple search online with his phone. For the kids, he knew he would need to pull over and start hacking various social media.
Getting the wife's number is a simple Google search.
If you want the kids info, you'll need to give a technology roll and take the time to hack various servers of different companies.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito will pass on the wife's number. Mike could have her pass the phone around or ask for the kids numbers when he has her in thrall.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"You're fast and for some reason super damn quiet, right? Why don't you fence-hop and take a look around inside while I call them." Mike asked via mental link, before taking a burner an calling up the wife.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Garald was going to avoid breaking into the house, to avoid leaving more evidence of their visitation, but Mike has requested it and he did not protest. A nod was given in acknowledgement, then he moved out. While his companion dealt with interviewing the family Garald made his way to the back of the house. At the back door he pressed a gloved hand over the door knob and pushed, applying gradual pressure until the lock broke inwards.

With the door breached Garald steps inside and closes the barrier behind him. Then he becomes a blur of motion, racing through the house. Scanning over pictures and items on display. Digging through drawers, cabinets, over high places like cabinets, and under low points such as bed and other furniture. He looked through book bases, inside of books, and other person affects. Ransacking thief looking for loot rather than the care and precision Kaito had demonstrated during his investigative work.
OOC wrote:Garald will be using Speed 12, Quickness 12, and Move-by Action. Attempting to be sneaky, I'll take -1 to the Speed rank so as not to suffer a penalty to his Stealth check.

Stealth: 1D20+13 = [12]+13 = 25

Garald does not have Investigate, so he cannot make a check for that. He previously asked Kaito to do this because his methods end up being "blunt force" by comparison. I'll make a Perception check to see if he notices anything that doesn't require more attention to detail.

Perception: 1D20+10 = [9]+10 = 19
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The wife doesn't pick up the phone immediately. It takes a couple tries before she answers with an annoyed voice. You have the wrong number sorry. Can't you people stop calling us when we're out to dinner? Now stop calling me!, she says with a tinge of anger before Mike can get a word in. The next call attempt on another burner is picked up allowing Mike to at least get a word in. Upon gaining control of her, Mike's query about the bracelet elicits that it is Leons good luck charm he keeps with him every where.

Back at the house, Garald tosses the place well enough, but there isn't any special about he can find. There is family photos, normal furniture, make up in the daughters and couples room, and other items one would expect. None of it has pictures of Leon wearing the bracelet, but given his profession he probably wouldn't be wearing it in the open very often. There's various pictures of his father and grand father in silver and gold mines, but no bracelet is visible. Once again, probably a safety precaution of the profession. By the time Garald is done, the house is not int he best of condition.
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"I've got confirmation on our target. It's Leon." Mike says through the link. Verbally he lures the woman into a conversation about nonsensical things, just 'smalltalk' for the sake of keeping her on the line, busy, and not staring into space like a dead fish on the other end. Just in case he still needs her.
------------
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito nods, then realizes the others can't see him. "I'm about to meet my Dark Web contact at the back of a Walmart Superstore." he says. "While I'm here, need anything?"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

After searching the house Garald rejoins Mike outside. Rather than speak over the link, he does so verbally, since at that point he is right beside the effeminate creature.

"I did not see the bracelet inside. Confirm that Leon is not with his family and check to see if anyone else has been inquiring about the bracelet or her husband recently."

When Kaito speaks up about his black market contact, and asks for requests, Garalds response after a few seconds of delay.

"Paint grenades and a potent sleeping or poison gas. Enough to flood a large portion of the oil rig. We can ship it out today and use Roger and other agents of Mike's on the rig to set up your cameras and the gas dispersal units in concealed locations for us in preparation for tomorrow."
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito's eyebrows raise. "I meant, like, toothpaste or Cheetos or something, y'know, since I was close to a Walmart. My contact is an electronics guy - micro-surveillance and s#!^. I imagine you have to arrange military-grade poison gas well in advance and I doubt some guy in Natchitoches, Louisiana will randomly have them, but sure, I'll ask."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
2 HP | LP 5
-—o—-

"Yeah yeah, already on it Gerald." He replied, lulling the conversation towards talk of her husband again to get answers to what Gerald wants to know.

"Hey, pick me up a case of coke. Like, the regular soda kind.Wanna have one more of those with this body before we get the mission over with." Mike's mental voice called out again, the entity piloting him thinking back to his last day as a normal human. Before he'd started his rampage, he decided to have one last coke before committing towards his elaborately violent form of suicide. It seemed fitting to do the same as Mike.
------------
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

In the course of his conversation over the phone, Mike finds what he had already known. Leon was on the rig in preparation for the joint venture to show off their stars. She confirms to no one in particular asking around about her husband, aside from you of course. There was a few press asking about her family, joint venture PR people, and that sort asking what you would expect them to ask in preparation for press releases. Nothing to indicate the others were snooping around though.

In the back of the Walmart Super Store, Kaito pulls up to his contact waiting. There is the normal assortment of home made surveillance gear, some higher end off the shelf stuff, and other electronics. Nothing of military grade however. Kaito would know that the Walmart would have paint grenades that any person wanting to make a mess could purchase.
I'll leave it to you o describe the black market contact. He'll have any surveillance and electronic gear you're looking for so long as it isn't military grade.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

You never know what you'd going to get when you meet someone over the Deep Web. And it's easy to form a picture of the iconic 'nerd' when dealing with n electronics expert - glasses, acne, cheese-dust making some pop-culture t-shirt a radioactive orange... Kaito even tried to keep an open mind but found himself unprepared for the agender, spike-studded leather-wearing, mohawk-sporting figure with mounds of electronics crammed into an otherwise non-descript black van not dissimilar from Kaito's own Rusty Horse (though lacking the industry-grade comm set-up on top).

As the Rusty Horse rattled up alongside (naturally blocking the closest public camera from seeing their transaction).

"Suomy.Nona?" he asks, citing the person's handle on the Dark Web. "I'm Glitch." he says, give the L33T pronunciation for 'GL1TC#'.
"Transaction code 1568A3917C34." he says giving the secure financial transaction app's assigned designation for their Crypto-coin transfer.