[IC] Four Horsemen: Wager

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Flynnarrel

Re: [IC] Four Horsemen: Ride of the Horsemen

Post by Flynnarrel »

init: 1d20+6 17, not the best but respectable.
"Holy Hot Cakes... The car with the Brat!" Kaito thinks to the others. "Dibs on the Bling!."

"Oh, and bad guys pouring out of one of the trucks, 10 so far. They want what we want.
"Something pithy this way comes."
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 6
-—o—-

He felt the final pull, but he didn't want to drop his ruse too soon. Though maybe he could turn it to an advantage. Mike nodded to the man grateful and made to follow, expertly hiding his devilish smirk.

"Thank you so much! I swear he was right around here when it happened, we were... Wait, is that...? Oh god! I think he's over there, that woman in the car, she's trying to take him away!" He blatantly lied, pointing at the couple and their screaming child. "Can you hear that? He's so scared, what monster would kidnap a child at a time like this?!"

Deception: 31
Initiative: 9
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev
HP: 1
CND: Healthy

Nothing. He felt nothing from the pair in suits or the area around their vehicle. Garald was mildly annoyed about being ignored by the couple, and part of him wanted to hurt them for that disrespectful slight, but indifference settled over him with the realization that what he was after was not in their possession. Then as Kaito moved into the area it was like a spotlight shone on the area he needed to go. The sedan he had initially discounted with the mother and noisy child. A second later there was smoke and rushing combatants with assault rifles and black martial gear. Garald took a moment to sort out what was going on, and filter through the voice of Kaito in his head reporting the exact same thing.
OOC wrote:Initiative: 1d20+1 9
Evelyn Gracen, in AEGIS Squad
Storyteller for In the Shadow of Imperator
Storyteller for Geneforge: the Created
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The man with Catastrophe looks at him like hes out of his mind. "She's clearly just trying to help her kids. It's bedlam out here. The mercenaries seem to be coming for her though, so we need to help her. I'll help you find your brother later. I promise.", says the man. He looks like he believes that Catastrophe thinks its a kidnapping, but isn't quite persuaded it is one.

Garald looking over the scene sees it exactly like a military man would. Planned, coordinated, and even attacking in formation laying down smoke cover. Based on where they are heading they could be after the woman, child, or the ring. Whichever it is though, they likely have the assault planned out.
I rolled rather bad on the inits. Either way, The U.S soldiers count as a group combat type mechanic with each being a group of 30. The Elite Mercs count as individual minions.

While the man doesn't think he's being lied to, it would be a persuasion to convince him the scene in the car is as you say.

Garald can do the combat precog here, but it will be a move action and require a perception check just as if he was scoping out some place with his eyes.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9
Garald 9
10 Elite Merc minions 8
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
?????? 7
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
Zzzzt
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

He needed to get to that car, into that trunk, ahead of the Call-of-Duty guys. But they were laying smoke cover and making progress with paramilitary efficiency and Kaito,... what did Kaito have? He looked at the trunk with longing and a growing sense of panic... Then he felt it... His body felt both light and disjointed, loose and fluctuating all at once. He felt the roiling inside him, and he felt the power, a power he could unleash if he'd the mind to. It was like the.... essence he tapped when he broke things, but more... pure somehow. And it was his whole body now.

With a moment's thought he raced, staying low to the ground, flowing over the ground, under the car, and into the trunk. He'll solidify IN the trunk, scrunching his physical form to fit. Suddenly bereft of light he gropes around for the... whatever was causing this whole mess.
He'll turn into mist form, move very quickly and seep into the trunk then turn back and grab the ring.

Edit: Stealth: 1d20+2 9 He was likely seen as a low purplish mist gliding a foot along the ground and into the trunk.
Last edited by Flynnarrel on Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

Jeeze. What the hell is today? Garald thought to himself amidst the chaos of panicking civilians, on rushing commandos raiding a soccer mom's sedan, and a kid turning into energy them melting into a truck. Events were unfolding quickly. He quickly took in the movements of the opposition, and their disposition. Garald tried to see the long view, events playing out and intentions behind actions, but there was a lot pulling his attention away from truths and details. The man wasn't certain he would be able to, so he acted rather than waited for the commando's intentions to manifest in his mind. He needed to preempt them and buy time. Lifting his right foot he pressed his boot up against the tire of a nearby car and pushed, attempting to send it into the path of the on rushing combatants.

"Once you get the ring, leave. Don't worry about fighting unless you have to. These people don't matter. Just the object."
OOC wrote:Garald will use his Move Action to perform the Combat Precog. His Standard action will be to push some cars into the path of the Elite Mercs. To try to slow them down.

Precog Perception: 1d20+10 12 If Military can be used in place of Perception, that would be a 17.

… and here is a Stealth roll to try to cover up the fact he is the origin of the cars being moved. Stealth: 1d20+13 28
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

The man with Cognagion points at the purple mist entering the car. "Some gas or something is in the car. We need to hurry now!", exclaims the man. "Theres more going on here than you realize. I can't get into it now, but we need to help that mother and baby. Their car is going to be swarmed soon." says the man. At the same time, the mercenaries signal each other something indicating they also saw the mist.

Meanwhile, inside the dark boot of the car, Kaito knows he's close. Bumping into a think plastic almost verifies she is transporting something in the boot of her car. Feeling around, he feels some latches, but they don't open easy. It seems like one of those containers with combo locks built in. Simple, but effective enough security. Considering who the courier is the package probably doesn't have high value.
Garalds Action will resolve after Cognagion's action is posted.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9 <--
Garald 9
10 Elite Merc minions 8
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
?????? 7
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
Zzzzt
Doctor Malsyn

Post by Doctor Malsyn »

Image The Cognagion
1 HP | LP 6
-—o—-

'More then I realize...? Foolish man. You couldn't even begin to understand.' His thoughts raged internally, thrown that his initial tactic didn't work as intended. It was fine though, he was a master of improvisation. "Right, right I'm sorry- I just heard the crying and I thought for a moment that... Alright, okay! Let's go. I'll try to talk some sense into them, buy you some time."

With that Mike started to move forward, waving his hands up to show he had no weapon in hand. "Wait, wait! Please, you have to stop this. You don't want to do this, you know that that woman didn't do anything wrong, so please stop what you're doing and listen to me!"

DC 22 Will (Compelled->Controlled)
He's trying to get them to stop... For now.
Am I dead? Am I alive? The answer may surprise you!
------------
"What a week, huh?" "Doc, it's only Wednesday."
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Nine of the mercenaries hear Cognagions voice and stop in their tracks for reasons they aren't quite sure about. One of them simply looks at the others, looks at the place they were heading, looks at his comrades again, and seems intent on proceeding alone. That way gets blocked though as a car flies in front of him forcing to roll over the car. The obstacle isn't enough to stop him, but it does make him pause for a second as almost getting slammed into by a car tends to do to someone causing him to only just make it to the car.

After the kick, Garald pauses for a moment only to have fuzziness like on an old antenna TV when trying to picture the current scene. Theres gun fire, people screaming lets go, panics, and all that. None of it makes much sense though. Its not quite clear who is screaming, panicking, and running about. Maybe its the soldiers shooting or maybe the mercenaries?

In the current smoke and chaos, the soldiers adjust their previous plan. Each of the units move to contain the scene so no innocents get caught in the mess. One of the soldiers, the commander speaking to Cognagion before, motions to everyone to get behind cover before signaling to one fo the units with his hand pointing at the smoke area and drawing his hand back ready to bring it forward again as he watches the soldiers get in place.

For his part, the man next to Contagion doesn't questions the opening. For the briefest of moments as he goes over the car, onlookers who can see through the smoke see a think of beauty, almost an angel, go over the car like it isn't anything at all. He already has the door open before the lone mercenary could respond. "Come with me if you want to live and get your child. I am sorry they made you transport the cursed thing.", says the man.

Kaito 17
Cognagion 9
Garald 9
10 Elite Merc minions 8 (9 controlled)
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
?????? 7
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
Zzzzt <----
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Kaito

"There's a plastic transport case in here, combination lock I think, one of the 'indestructible' ones. I can pop it easy but it'll take time or sight. I don't have the latter in here, do I have time? If not I can just grab the whole thing and try to escape." Kaito asks the others not knowing what was going on out there.

"Also, I was a freaking gas cloud! How cool was that?! It felt cool. Okay, maybe not impressive to Buzzkill, or was it Margaret? But still... Freakin' Cool!"
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

"Grab it and go. There are around a hundred US soldiers pointing guns in our direction, a squad of commandos to deal with, and a wannabe hero trying to rescue the mother and kid. Seems he knows about the ring as well. I can open the trunk if needed. We have to hurry though."
OOC wrote:If you want to wait to act until Garald opens the trunk for you, so you can straight up book it, that is an option.
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

Catastrophe

Kaito wasn't practiced enough with the mist-form-thingy to know if he could turn something else into mist with him or carry things in that form. And he didn't trust his chances running with the package and a hundred armed people looking for him. If he were further honest with himself he would recognize that he didn't want to be seen as needing help. The others were older and seemed accomplished already and he was like Spiderman first joining the Avengers in that one movie eager and maybe with more power than sense.

"I'm going to try to open both it AND an escape route for myself." He says into the link.

He'd done this before... kinda. He focused his will to embrittle and rust. Mostly downward, though the bottom of the trunk, the spare tire and gear, the muffler. He figures he should miss the axle though and anything that might spark or go boom. Included in that area though should be the first inch or so of the case which should include the latches and locks but not harm the contents.

If successful, he should be able to grab the contents and fall through the hole in the car amidst a drizzle of rust and mostly-atomized debris to the street below and be shielded by the car from the guns, no one the wiser to his actions.

Kaito gathers his focus and unleashes entropy in the area, bound by his imagination to accomplish what he envisioned.
Shatter, Move Activation, Area-Shapeable 2 range, Dodge DC22 or DC22/16 Fortitude/Toughness then DC25/20 Toughness, Precise
For the objects in the shaped area, they get a toughness vs. DC 22 or lose 1 toughness for every point they fail by, then they make a Toughness DC25 vs atomization/disintegration.
mrdent12

Post by mrdent12 »

Kaito disintegrates the non vital bits of the car with ease. While it would be obvious to anyone looking from underneath the car, in the current environment that wasn't anyone. Getting out was also simple enough to where he finds himself on the road with the ring in hand. He can feel power flowing through him yet it felt incomplete. On first touch in the boot of the car, it glowed momentarily.

Even with feeling the power of the ring, Kaito gets the same feeling as the others of something missing or going astray. Its similar to the feeling of looking at a pile of objects one is fond of that doesn't feel quite complete. The sound of a bug also vanishes from the network.
Kaito 17
Cognagion 9 <---
Garald 9
10 Elite Merc minions 8 (9 controlled)
U.S Soldier Squad 1 8
U.S Soldier Squad 2 8
?????? 7
U.S Soldier Squad 3 7
Flynnarrel

Post by Flynnarrel »

"Got it! And I'm under the car, looking for an opportunity to make it to my van physically. I'm concerned that if I 'Mist' I'll drop the ring." Kaito says.
Sakuro

Post by Sakuro »

Garald Medvedev

"Your van isn't going anywhere in this cluster. You'll have to pick it up later. Jump off the bridge."

There was a a brief pause before he switched to speaking to the social engineer of the group.

"You have another distraction up your sleeve Mike, or do I need to fireman carry Kaito out of here?"
OOC wrote:Mike might want to communicate with the others. He's been doing things without letting Kaito or Garald know what he is doing. They don't know that he can make people act in ways they normally wouldn't.