Civitas (M&M 3e IC)

For all of your Play-By-Post games.
Horsenhero

Re: Civitas (M&M 3e IC)

Post by Horsenhero »

Chalcedony Johnson-

The UNISON agent nods in agreement with the team. "I'll get ahold of a vehicle for you then. As I mentioned, It may take a bit to reconfigure its profile or at least the paint job, so it won't draw any suspicious attention. Fortunately, we have a little time, since the Freedom League launched into space this morning for some kind of extra lunar mission. This means we've got our pick of moments in the next few days to get ready for the great reveal."

"Now all we have to do is hope that any major emergency will hold off until we've got all our ducks in a row."

Just as she finished, the headquarters general alarms started to sound causing her to roll her eyes.

"Really?"

Sophie Cruz-

The executive stifled a laugh and wagged a finger at Agent Johnson. "You should've known better. You just said the equivalent of I think we're safe in a horror movie. Well, come on team...let's see what's got the troublarm in an uproar."

With that Sophie turns and heads for the command center.
Shadowmask

Post by Shadowmask »

"Well, this escalated rather quickly." Neutron observed wryly as he slowly hovered a couple of feet from the floor and followed Cruz; keeping pace with her while still maintaining flight.

It looked like his agent and publicist, Corrina Cadeau would have to put on hold not only the Netflix proposal but also next week's scheduled toy deal meeting with Funko Pop to create a line of collectible action figures based on him until this Civitas business got well underway.

Neutron won't tell her much about it but he knew that eventually he will need her skills as a spin doctor to help mitigate some of the potential flak from the press once this team does go public.

But now wasn't the time for that. It was time to be a hero.
Bladewind

Post by Bladewind »

The Scarab (Dylan Alexander)
Condition Normal
HP 2

His mask back in place, Dylan springs up and along the walls, scuttling to the command center without prompt or directions.
Thorpocalypse wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 6:01 pm Building to be comics "accurate" is different than building to run a PC or building something to challenge a group.
Bladewind's 3ed M&M Builds
The Merge Setting document
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

Goldwing followed the team into the command centre, no hesitation. He said "Looks like it's time to rock and roll."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

The Thunderer throws his head back and laughs, "You tempt the fates, and they have responded in kind."

"I won't lie, I expect it was for the best. We could hope for a perfect reveal, but earnest action speaks louder than press conferences,"
He declares cheerfully as he walks towards the control chamber, his hair blowing behind him gently in a seemingly non-existent breeze.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

The avian-feline said "I agree with Thunderer. We deal with this thing as publicly as possible, it'll shut everyone else's beaks when it comes to our competence."
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Freedom Eagle

Sophie followed the others her armour clicked on the stone floor for a couple of steps until she compensated for the hardness. Donning her helmet she followed the others.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

"Well, we better get ready..." He then took his gloves off, revealing his hands. Each hand resembled the appendages of an eagle, complete with talons. "There's a reason I wear these gloves in public. But since we might get in a fight..."
OOC: Here's a pic to give you an idea of what Goldwing's hands look like.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Freedom Eagle

Sophie glanced at Goldwing and look of about to say something before she reconsidered it.

"That brings up a question you mentioned you were a technomancer, do care you to expand on that? and how you operate in the field? Just a brief over view of your abilities, theory can wait til later. I've worked with Neutron and this Scarab, and have heard of Thunderers exploits." she asked following the others.
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

"Basically, my tradition focuses on modernising magic and getting it to work with modern technology. It could be as subtle as a laptop battery lasting over a solid week without a recharge or as blatant as a taser that throws out a thunderclap when fired. Spells I've mastered to a combat-worthy degree include a magical blast, a knockout blast, a healing touch and telekinesis light enough to type with but strong enough to lift a small car or someone heavy. If I have to fight, I usually get airborne and try to knockout the threat. I've got an enchantment to better resist harm... And may your gods help you if I ever get to prepare in advance."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

The Thunderer looks incredibly pleased at Freedom Eagle's acknowledgment of his exploits.
betterwatchit wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:47 pm "And may your gods help you if I ever get to prepare in advance."
"Fear not, I shall be happy to be of assistance," The Thunderer tells Freedom Eagle, cheerfully.

Turning his attention back to Goldwing he adds, "And I find I have a comrade in arms: I too have to take off my gloves before a fight. I find they tend to burst at the seems, bend or explode. Which is a shame, I think I would look quite good wearing a set of gauntlets."
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

"You wear them out of fashion. I was hatched with these talons, and I grew up wearing gloves to prevent accidental injury. We even have laws back home requiring that every anthro take reasonable precautions to prevent their species-specific anatomy from accidentally hurting other people. I knew this one scorpion from my America who had to keep a cap on his stinger whenever he left the house."
Last edited by betterwatchit on Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plan b

Post by Plan b »

Freedom Eagle
Arkrite wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 4:51 am "I think I would look quite good wearing a set of gauntlets."
"I can imagine..." Sophie replied with a flirty laugh

"Sounds like bureaucratic and legalistic nightmare. But I can look into to a more convenient solution, later. Just, so I have a ball park figure to work with, how strong are you? Both of you." Sophie asked
betterwatchit

Post by betterwatchit »

Goldwing

"I can lift about 50 pounds, even without a good rucksack. My Mage Talon can lift about 3,200 pounds. That's like a really small car or a large foodcart."
Arkrite

Post by Arkrite »

The Thunderer

"The Thunderer is one of the mightiest of both men and women, capable of throwing the giant Sloar, wrestling the invulnerable Kartosian Boar to a stop, and holding back the Adamantite Titan of Doom," The Thunderer looks distant, "Admittedly I could not lift that last one, a fact which makes me sad, but truly it was a magnificent monster. A worthy opponent. But I have no metric for measure for you."

He snaps his fingers, "Ah, just ask and I would be happy to lift something for you."